Tax Cuts: Myths and Realities

now you have two erroneous threads going at the same time.. both failing miserably

My favorite liberal threads are the ones with the word "reality" in the title. I know when that happens I'm going to read some tripped out shit.

First, you can reject out of hand any article that talks about what tax cuts "cost." The assumption that all money belongs to the government and what they allow us to keep is "cost" or "spending" is just pure evil. Normally I stop reading anything that says that at that point, but I read on this one a bit further since I had been rewarded with a thread by a liberal with the word "reality" in it.

It goes on to say that the biggest adder to the deficit is income tax cuts. Here's why that's a liberal circle jerk. By law, the CBO cannot incorporate economic gains into it's calculations. The reality is the largest gains have the largest benefit as long as the tax code complexity remains constant. So, as proof that income tax added to the deficit is skewed by that it can't incorporate the effect of the tax cut.

Liberals, gotta love em. At least they are funny.

For all those criticizing my sources as fucked up, where the flying fuck are you sources, the Koch Brothers machine or have been brainwashed into think you all have common sense?

Tax cuts do not cost the taxpayers money.

Tax cuts save the taxpayers money

Government spending costs the taxpayers money

Government borrowing and spending costs the taxpayers money plus interest

Taxcuts themselves cost money and if not paid contribute to the fucking budget deficit you illiterate fucktard, they don't reduce debt and create high levels of economic growth, more proof again that Repugs care fuck all about the deficit, just getting rich.

Taxcuts themselves cost money and if not paid contribute to the fucking budget deficit you illiterate fucktard, they don't reduce debt and create high levels of economic growth, more proof again that Repugs care fuck all about the deficit, just getting rich.

So you think people should be thinking about what they can do to help the government before they think of what they can do for their own life? Do you live your life that way or do you just call on others to do it? Do tell us how you put government first in your own life.

So you think people should be thinking about what they can do to help the government before they think of what they can do for their own life? Do you live your life that way or do you just call on others to do it? Do tell us how you put government first in your own life.

Dumb fucking argument you moron, we are talking budget deficit and if tax cuts supposedly help every one why is the wealth disparity between the wealthy and poor widening and rich people getting richer? Why is the middle class shrinking, can that be blamed on government spending? You're fucking retarded you brainwashed Koch disciple.

Facts are not for some minds I guess
Well, there are "facts" and then there are "liberal facts."

"Facts" are repeatable and able to withstand empirical testing and verification.

"Liberal facts" are liberal religious statements that support that an all powerful government is our greatest path to fulfillment and freedom. Any argument that supports a liberal objective is a "fact" no matter how untrue it is and any non-liberal statement that counters a liberal objective is a "lie" no matter how true it is.

This is why I love liberal threads with the word "reality" in the title. I told you I'd be some tripped out shit.

Thank you Skull Pilot

Nuanced and Blunt, that is how truth should be handled.

Dumb fucking argument you moron, we are talking budget deficit and if tax cuts supposedly help every one why is the wealth disparity between the wealthy and poor widening and rich people getting richer? Why is the middle class shrinking, can that be blamed on government spending? You're fucking retarded you brainwashed Koch disciple.
I asked you about your statement that rich mother fuckers should worry about the government deficit before they worry about making money for themselves. I am just asking you for examples of how you live your "government first" philosophy in your own life since you made the statement that's what others should do. So...

Facts are not for some minds I guess
Well, there are "facts" and then there are "liberal facts."

"Facts" are repeatable and able to withstand empirical testing and verification.

"Liberal facts" are liberal religious statements that support that an all powerful government is our greatest path to fulfillment and freedom. Any argument that supports a liberal objective is a "fact" no matter how untrue it is and any non-liberal statement that counters a liberal objective is a "lie" no matter how true it is.

This is why I love liberal threads with the word "reality" in the title. I told you I'd be some tripped out shit.

So fire away.

Debunk these numbers if you think they are unfactual

Myth 1: Tax cuts “pay for themselves.”
“You cut taxes and the tax revenues increase.” — President Bush, February 8, 2006

“You have to pay for these tax cuts twice under these pay-go rules if you apply them, because these tax cuts pay for themselves.” — Senator Judd Gregg, then Chair of the Senate Budget Committee, March 9, 2006

Reality: A study by the President’s own Treasury Department confirmed the common-sense view shared by economists across the political spectrum: cutting taxes decreases revenues.

debunk this

Listen,, to balance the budget you cut spending first

Now some right wingers will disagree with me on this issue and say cut taxes first. But In my opinion, you cut spending first because it forces out non-essentials items off the budget.

If the people are over tax, you cut spending heavily until you have a surplus and try to cut taxes as well.

If the tax rates are light, then you can consider some tax increases with the spending cuts.

If the rates are moderates, you still consider spending cuts, and tax cuts/increases becomes a mix bag

But in the end, you must cut spending in order to get rid of what is not necessarily.

Fortunately, We have people that are going to cut spending and taxes during a recession! It can work.

Forum List

Back