Tax Cuts Create Jobs? Prove It

You ever notice how the class war is being fought exclusively by people with no class?

Coming from a proven LIAR who thinks that "labor costs for domestic cars are almost three times the cost of the foreign badges" I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you.
You would, but only because your perception of reality is seriously flawed. "If we have more workers in the union, wages for everyone will go up, and businesses will come back to the US!" :cuckoo:

Do you ever get tired of LYING? You use quotation marks like I said that but again you LIE. It's no wonder nobody takes you seriously.

Jesus may love you but the rest of us think you're an asshole.

Didn't we just do this thread?

No. Tax cuts, in of themselves, do not create jobs. There are also some other factual statements along with that:

Tax cuts don't hurt job growth.

Raising taxes does not create jobs.

So I ask you the same question I asked before; other than stating the obvious, what is your point?

The only thing left out in the videos was that yes, it's our money.

But it's also our debt.

It is also an out of control spending problem. We cannot maintain the course we are on.

Regardless of how we got here you still owe the government $44,758.73.

We don't owe the governmet shit. They already told us what we owe them when we pay taxes. That's what I owe them and that's all I owe them. That they spent more than they took from all of us is not my problem or my responsibility.

The only thing left out in the videos was that yes, it's our money.

But it's also our debt.

It is also an out of control spending problem. We cannot maintain the course we are on.

Uh. No. I don't OWE the government that amount. The Government has incurred debts in cannot pay, and is now going to use the threat of force in order to get us to bail them out.

Uh. No. I don't OWE the government that amount. The Government has incurred debts in cannot pay, and is now going to use the threat of force in order to get us to bail them out.

At least some of us know when we are being mugged. ;)

Amy B. Dean: Tax Cuts Create Jobs? Prove It

Since the Clinton era, it has been popular even among Democrats to argue that investment in capital and spurring the economy through low tax rates would lead to job creation. But the evidence amassed since then does not support this idea. As Jack Rasmus recently noted, the period between 2001 and 2004, when George W. Bush pushed through a series of tax cuts for investors and corporations in the name of creating jobs, actually saw some of the weakest job creation rates on record following a recession.

More disposable income, more commerce. Do you spend more shopping when things are on sale or when paying list price? Every time money changes hands at multilevel government gets a piece of it from manufacturing, shipment, storage, resale, point of sale. The more money changes hands the more government gets in the end. You want to slow down exchange, raise the cost of it. Commerce equals jobs. No getting around that.
All stimulus to the economy such as, tax cuts, increases in money supply, interest rates cuts, etc, create some jobs. The question is how much of a particular stimulus is needed to create enough jobs to overcome job losses.

A tax stimulates the economy in two ways. For low income earners, the money is spent immediately increasing consumption and creating a need for more jobs. For high income earners, a relatively large portion of the tax cut is saved or invested. That which is saved creates no jobs. That which is invested in opening labor intensive businesses in the US creates jobs. Investments abroad do little to increase employment in the US. Also there is no guarantee that a tax cut for business will result in expansion. American corporations are sitting on two trillion dollars now but are not expanding business.

The bottom line is that cutting taxes may have very little impact on unemployment.

Since the Clinton era, it has been popular even among Democrats to argue that investment in capital and spurring the economy through low tax rates would lead to job creation. But the evidence amassed since then does not support this idea. As Jack Rasmus recently noted, the period between 2001 and 2004, when George W. Bush pushed through a series of tax cuts for investors and corporations in the name of creating jobs, actually saw some of the weakest job creation rates on record following a recession.

More disposable income, more commerce. Do you spend more shopping when things are on sale or when paying list price? Every time money changes hands at multilevel government gets a piece of it from manufacturing, shipment, storage, resale, point of sale. The more money changes hands the more government gets in the end. You want to slow down exchange, raise the cost of it. Commerce equals jobs. No getting around that.
All stimulus to the economy such as, tax cuts, increases in money supply, interest rates cuts, etc, create some jobs. The question is how much of a particular stimulus is needed to create enough jobs to overcome job losses.

A tax stimulates the economy in two ways. For low income earners, the money is spent immediately increasing consumption and creating a need for more jobs. For high income earners, a relatively large portion of the tax cut is saved or invested. That which is saved creates no jobs. That which is invested in opening labor intensive businesses in the US creates jobs. Investments abroad do little to increase employment in the US. Also there is no guarantee that a tax cut for business will result in expansion. American corporations are sitting on two trillion dollars now but are not expanding business.

The bottom line is that cutting taxes may have very little impact on unemployment.

Ignoring for the moment your myopic view of the world, how does the record of job creation following the 9/11 recession compare to the record of job creation following the Obama Failed Stimulus?

Glass houses and all that...

The only "jobs" accomplishment of the Obama Stimulus was the preservation of unnecessary and expensive public employee union jobs at the expense of the private sector.

That is ignorant.

More thank likly a true statement,but it is still better to let the person or corp,that actually did the work to earn the money keep more,its just the right thing to do.

How do you treat an addict? keep the drug supply going?The feds are as addicted as they come,and your the drug suppler

We don't owe the governmet shit. They already told us what we owe them when we pay taxes. That's what I owe them and that's all I owe them. That they spent more than they took from all of us is not my problem or my responsibility.

You cannot force me to pay for something I did not purchase. People are not property DG.

I really get a kick out of people who piss and moan about the amount of money they owe the government.

They want the government to build armies and invade nations.
They want the government to protect the border.
They want the government to protect society and jail lawbreakers.
They want the government to build roads.
They want the government to do all kinds of other shit.

But when it comes time to pay the bills they want to start pointing fingers and say their "not responsible" and expect others to pay their bills for them.

Well there's your problem,not so hard after all was it?

Nope, not at all. You ask, ask and ask but then they (you) don't want to pay for it.

Bottom line? We hire politicians to pass laws and spend our money. And when we go in debt we all owe the money.

You can whine and cry all you want but you do, in fact, owe $44,758.73 which is YOUR share of our debt.

Nope, not at all. You ask, ask and ask but then they (you) don't want to pay for it.

Bottom line? We hire politicians to pass laws and spend our money. And when we go in debt we all owe the money.

You can whine and cry all you want but you do, in fact, owe $44,758.73 which is YOUR share of our debt.

Actually the government owes the debt and they have made it quite clear they are separate from us as service recipients.

Tax cuts mean more money is available to purchase goods and services, create private capital and these frequently create jobs. Government on the other competes for goods and services when they enter the economy, which will raise the cost of a supply diminished by their presence.

Forum List

Back