CDZ Tax Cut VS UBI

As technology advances, UBI or something like it may be a necessity. Repetitive or dangerous jobs will be mostly done by robots or advanced drones. But that is decades away, right now with the proper balance of tax cuts, incentives and trade negotiations real income growth for the average person is very achievable.

As technology advances, UBI or something like it may be a necessity. Repetitive or dangerous jobs will be mostly done by robots or advanced drones. But that is decades away, right now with the proper balance of tax cuts, incentives and trade negotiations real income growth for the average person is very achievable.

We will find out, right? Trump is on the job. When will his policies bring results?

We all want fast results from Trump's policy changes but the wheels just don't turn that fast. My crystal ball doesn't work very well but I would expect before 2020 real income for the average person will be going up and millions more will be entering or re-entering the workforce.

Driver-less vehicles? My guess is that lawsuits will plague the expansion of driver-less vehicles in all but slow traffic urban centers.

We all want fast results from Trump's policy changes but the wheels just don't turn that fast. My crystal ball doesn't work very well but I would expect before 2020 real income for the average person will be going up and millions more will be entering or re-entering the workforce.

Driver-less vehicles? My guess is that lawsuits will plague the expansion of driver-less vehicles in all but slow traffic urban centers.

Before 2020?

Awesome. I'm looking forward to huge increases in sales. Go Trump!!!!

I think it's a very, very bad idea.

Just to speak for myself, I've not been regularly employed since I lost my great factory job in 2013. I've been struggling to support myself and my wife since then. It's tempting to welcome the idea of the “Universal Basic Income”, and the assurance that it would would offer of being able to more reliably meet my needs, but to be honest, I am reaching the point where if I didn't need to be employed, I might very well give up on trying to find work. I am very, very good at some things, but job hunting is not among them, and I find it extremely frustrating, and discouraging, and would welcome an escape from having to continue doing it.

It would be an incredible waste of me, for that escape to come in the form of a guaranteed income, just for doing nothing. I'm capable of doing great work, I want to do great work, and the economy needs me, and millions of others like me, to be doing great work, not sitting around uselessly, being a net burden on society, when we could and should be carrying our own fair share.

Just to speak for myself, I've not been regularly employed since I lost my great factory job in 2013. I've been struggling to support myself and my wife since then. It's tempting to welcome the idea of the “Universal Basic Income”, and the assurance that it would would offer of being able to more reliably meet my needs, but to be honest, I am reaching the point where if I didn't need to be employed, I might very well give up on trying to find work. I am very, very good at some things, but job hunting is not among them, and I find it extremely frustrating, and discouraging, and would welcome an escape from having to continue doing it.

It would be an incredible waste of me, for that escape to come in the form of a guaranteed income, just for doing nothing. I'm capable of doing great work, I want to do great work, and the economy needs me, and millions of others like me, to be doing great work, not sitting around uselessly, being a net burden on society, when we could and should be carrying our own fair share.

Wow. That was a very powerful statement and my best wishes to you in finding that work. You certainly deserve it. Unfortunately, my guess is that you are in the 10% who get things done, and there are 9 others right behind you who do not feel the same.

You'd just sit around if the government have you a few hundy per month? Why?

Wow. That was a very powerful statement and my best wishes to you in finding that work. You certainly deserve it. Unfortunately, my guess is that you are in the 10% who get things done, and there are 9 others right behind you who do not feel the same.

What?

Answer the question in my signature to the nearest million please.

UBI would accelerate the destruction of the earth.

One cannot, in good consciousness support UBI, while the wealth disparity, and economic production and distribution model is organized at it is.

We live in an insanely dysfunctional world, things need to be sorted out first.

Free trade would only enable the richest nations to offer their citizens a UBI, while making slaves of people in other nations.

I feel you and wish you better luck under Trump. I hope he comes through for you and the millions like you. Remember that if you view job hunting as a discouraging process then your discouragement will come through in an interview. I've interviewed many people and the successful applicants are always very positive and can articulate EXACTLY and without hesitation why I need their skills.

It will plague them. And they will STILL be the standard within the next 10 years. There is no way around it, diverless vehicles will not only be far safer than their driver counterparts (already are) but they will be able to do so with a MASSIVE increase in productivity. A driver simply cannot drive 24 hours a day non-stop.

UBI has been floated around for awhile. Not sure if such will work in a future economy and even less sure now where jobs are still a need. In the future though, human laborers will not be nearly as necessary as they are today.

You'd just sit around if the government have you a few hundy per month? Why?
UBI does not work if you simply give everyone a few hundred a month.

We long ago reached a point in this country where the actual needs of most of the population of the country could be satisfied by the work of a very few. Since that point we've become a luxury oriented society where advertising is used to convince people that they "need" a wide variety of non-essential things that are manufactured for them. Even those things are now produced by an increasingly smaller number of workers. It seems to me that, at some not too distant point in time, we will reach the capacity of people to absorb new luxury items and there won't be any significant new industries created. We will then (perhaps already do) have a large surplus of workers with no new jobs being created. What happens then?

^ the very basis of the economy must change.

It happened in the past and will happen in the future. Unfortunately, it usually is a very painful transition.

Forum List

Back