Tax Code now 4 times as long as Shakespeare's complete works!

eflatminor

Classical Liberal
May 24, 2011
The U.S. tax code is insane and out of control. It's tripled in a decade. It now runs to 3.8 million words. To put that in context, William Shakespeare only needed 900,000 words to say everything he had to say. Hamlet. Othello. The history plays. The sonnets. The whole shebang.

10 Things I Hate About Tax Day - SmartMoney.com

I'm reminded of something Roman orator Tacitus said: "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates"

I can shorten the tax code significantly:

Every person and business shall pay 4% of their annual increase. All other taxes shall be eliminated.

"Increase" would include income, profits, and interest.

We would significantly free the American people and create unprecedented economic growth if we adopted this.

I can shorten the tax code significantly:

Every person and business shall pay 4% of their annual increase. All other taxes shall be eliminated.

"Increase" would include income, profits, and interest.

We would significantly free the American people and create unprecedented economic growth if we adopted this.

LOL. Let's try this again. Why 4%? How did you pick this specific number?

The U.S. tax code is insane and out of control. It's tripled in a decade. It now runs to 3.8 million words. To put that in context, William Shakespeare only needed 900,000 words to say everything he had to say. Hamlet. Othello. The history plays. The sonnets. The whole shebang.

10 Things I Hate About Tax Day - SmartMoney.com

I'm reminded of something Roman orator Tacitus said: "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates"

Yeah, it's ridiculously bloated and needlessly complex. It needs a drastic overhaul, but going to the opposite extreme and imposing a flat tax "just because it's simpler" is not the answer either.

Look...rich people already defraud the IRS to the tune of MEDICARE every year.

fraud.png

What makes you think they'll pay anything if you implement this? Or that they simply won't buy political influence to give themselves loopholes?

You CONZ are always in search of a simple answer, yet often choose the option that ignores the actual real problem.

Like deporting illegals. If you want to reduce the number of illegals in this country, you put the people who hire them in jail. No jobs...no reason to come here. But conservatives would NEVER put people who hire illegals in jail, because those employers MAKE MORE MONEY by hiring illegal workers and driving down wages for everyone else.
And we all know how sympathetic you righties are to labor over management.

Forum List

Back