tax breaks for the rich vs cuts for the people

I think that the fact that 50% of Americans do not earn enough to even qualify for minimum Federal tax is a disgrace.

It shows how screwed up our distribution of wealth is

no, it show a "progressive tax system" that punishes hard work and success.

The wealthy in this country make money off of having money and not physical work.
I dont begrudge them that but I sure do insist they pay back the country which gave themn those opportunitires by helping us maintain this awesome countrys ability to keep doing so.

You repair and tend the tree or it splits in two when the fruit hangs too long on the tree uneaten

Wrong, many many wealthy businessmen work long long long hours, you shouldn't just spew shit for the sake of spewing it.

The government of the US,, on all levels, federal, state, city, country provides a basic education for every American kid and millions of illegal kids too.. there's the start of your basic level playing field. take advantage of that and work yourself up. we seem to have reared a generation of "I must have it now" people. Me? I was born poor and had to work hard to get what I can now call mine. Not yours.. Mine. Go get your own, but you might have to break a sweat now and then.

Do you think it is fair representation of the Conservative view of taxes that the poorer are undertaxed and the richer are overtaxed?

I think that the fact that 50% of Americans do not earn enough to even qualify for minimum Federal tax is a disgrace.

no, it show a "progressive tax system" that punishes hard work and success.

No it doesn't

It recognizes the fact that if working people have to pay for rent, food, electric, heat, medical bills, transportation and education that there is not much left to pay in taxes

Who pays the vast majority of taxes in this nation?

The middle class, of course.

Their taxes end up supporting the state and local governments far FAR in excess to that paid for the top 1% or even 10%.

EVery time they fill up their gas tanks, or buy their kid a candy bar they're paying taxes that go to keeping their societies going.

The myth that the rich pay most of the taxes in this nation is a lie by half TRUTH.

Half TRUTH LIES are, let's face it, something the GOP is particualrly good at inventing.

And the terminally stupid fall for that kind of propaganda because they are, after all, too dense to think beyond the headlines
How comical to watch someone like Rand Paul (Crowned Prince O' The Teabagger Nation) tap-dancing around that (tax) issue.....
HERE
532.gif

.....when it's all-too-obvious (except to the Teabaggers) that he's merely an apologist/promoter for the 1%ers/high-roller$.

Stupid Teabaggers.....
eusa_doh.gif

Last edited:
Do you think it is fair representation of the Conservative view of taxes that the poorer are undertaxed and the richer are overtaxed?

It shows you just don't get it righty. Wealth is not distributed. It is generated by the efforts of individuals. You're not supposed to be able generate money simply by taking up space. YOU have to figure out how to get it. If wealth is distrubuted unevenly in this country it is NOT the result of certain peopel being deprived of it by others. It is the result of certain people refusing to take the actions necessary to generate an income that is acceptable to themselves.

No it is not. It is more of a reflection of how taxes are routed to ensure the continued generation of wealth for the rich. Tax shelters, labor laws, environmental regulation, infrastructure, education.....all benefit the rich

The Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules

Last edited:

You can certainly make the arguement that 50% of the people are under Taxed.. They pay no tax, and they even get tax rebates,, you however cannot make the argument that the rich are undertaxed they pay a large share of the tax burden 50% of youse pay ZERO federal income tax and receive tax money you never paid back.. I'd say youse got it good.

So, how many of you agree with Willow?

That what we really need to do in this country, tax wise, is to RAISE taxes on the poorer and CUT taxes on the richer.

Just equal % taxation on all citizens, regardless of income... I don't care if it is at the 38%, as long as it is for everyone and justified with reviews of proper government spending and reducing the debt

Its a fact fof life.

If you have no money to pay taxes trying to get you to pay taxes is ......well ......... fruitless huh?

Now if the country is the tree.

The founders planted the seed and made sure the ground was fertilized and placed where the sun shone the best.

Then the tree grew bigger and bigger and started producing more and more fruit.

This produced more and more seeds ( you and me).

What is the purpose of the fruit?

Its to protect and nurture the seed ( the pulp is the assets of each fruit).

If you only squeeze the seeds ( who have no plup to produce juice) you get nothing.

Or you only squeeze the smallest fruit you only get a little.

If you squeeze the largest fruits you get most juice.

The pulp is designed to to be consumed.

If the object of having the tree is to get enough juice from the fruit to buy more fertilizer and water to maintain the tree then why would you insist on NEVER squeezing the best fruit and insisting on squeezing the seeds?

When the seed leave the tree they all lose their
pulp.

They cant take it with them.

Even if they hit the ground the ground and the surrounding enviroment comsumes the fruit.

If you leave a fruit tree with its fruit hanging and never pick it. You water the tree and tend the tree but never pick the fruit do you know what happens?

The tree will have so much fat fruit on the out side that eventually the weight of the fruit tears the tree in half.

Wealth is better for a country when it fires the engines instead of sitting in a safe deposit box.

There are fewer and fewer Americans who are piling up the wealth and sitting on it.

Its not going to do this country any good in a foreign back account.

Some of it needs to be taken back in payment for the great tree roots, good soil, aplenty rain and the many gardeners who are tending the tree.

You want to tree to die.

I want the tree to live another 200 years.

Last edited:
The top 2% of wealthy Americans also benefit much more from our tax dollars than working people do. There is no reason that they can't pay for it

Specifically HOW?

Enumerate all the things the wealthy benefit from that the rest of America doesn't.

Ok lets do it

US Military: How does the US Military help poor Americans other than taking their sons and daughters? The US Military maintaining a stable global presence ensures that international investments of the wealthy are protected.

Infrastructure: Roads, bridges, rail lines, ports all enable the wealthy to quickly and efficiently move people and products at low cost

Education: Our publically funded education system provides an educated workforce at no cost to the wealthy. They are able to profit off these workers while taxpayers pay to educate them. What would it cost employers if all the workers they want to hire had to be educated from scratch?

Food Stamps, Medicaid, housing subsidies: What? The wealthy don't collect these things.
But by having the taxpayer subsidize your workers while you pay a substandard wage enables you to profit off these programs

The top 2% of wealthy Americans also benefit much more from our tax dollars than working people do. There is no reason that they can't pay for it

Specifically HOW?

Enumerate all the things the wealthy benefit from that the rest of America doesn't.

Ok lets do it

US Military: How does the US Military help poor Americans other than taking their sons and daughters? The US Military maintaining a stable global presence ensures that international investments of the wealthy are protected.

Well, first of all, the military is NOT comprised of poor people. The demograhpics of the US military today is comprised of mostly upper-middle-class.

It also protects EVERYONE in this nation.

Infrastructure: Roads, bridges, rail lines, ports all enable the wealthy to quickly and efficiently move people and products at low cost

Those same bits of infrastructure can be used be the entire nation regardless of thier amount of wealth.

Strike two.

Education: Our publically funded education system provides an educated workforce at no cost to the wealthy. They are able to profit off these workers while taxpayers pay to educate them. What would it cost employers if all the workers they want to hire had to be educated from scratch?

So you want the poor to pay for their education? Strange position to take.

Food Stamps, Medicaid, housing subsidies: What? The wealthy don't collect these things.
But by having the taxpayer subsidize your workers while you pay a substandard wage enables you to profit off these programs

You just made a good case for why we ought to get rid of those things. :clap2:

Oh...and Strike THREE! :lol:

It shows you just don't get it righty. Wealth is not distributed. It is generated by the efforts of individuals. You're not supposed to be able generate money simply by taking up space. YOU have to figure out how to get it. If wealth is distrubuted unevenly in this country it is NOT the result of certain peopel being deprived of it by others. It is the result of certain people refusing to take the actions necessary to generate an income that is acceptable to themselves.

No it is not. It is more of a reflection of how taxes are routed to ensure the continued generation of wealth for the rich. Tax shelters, labor laws, environmental regulation, infrastructure, education.....all benefit the rich

The Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules
I guess that (Golden Rule) must be the morality to which "Frig" Newton (and, other such "conservatives") refer....when they speak of the 1%ers' Divine Right to all-the-ca$h they can carry.....

Specifically HOW?

Ok lets do it

Well, first of all, the military is NOT comprised of poor people. The demograhpics of the US military today is comprised of mostly upper-middle-class.

Our military has not protected the continental US from invasion in 150 years. Our military global presence helps protect the wealthy and ensure continued revenue

Those same bits of infrastructure can be used be the entire nation regardless of thier amount of wealth.

Strike two.

Not quite. That road and bridge may allow me to get to work. But it allows the wealthy to have their workforce and customers reach them at low cost. It also allows them to move goods and services cheaply to a larger market. The wealthy benefit much more than the workers

No. The wealthy should pay to educate their workers. Why should the taxpayers do it for you?

What happens if we get rid of all those things? Now you can't find workers in your area to work for $10 an hour. They can't afford to work for you and pay their rent, food and medical care. When the taxpayer pays for those things...you get to pay your employees less

Oh...and Strike THREE!

Yes....and you are OUT buddy

:clap2:

Specifically HOW?

Ok lets do it

How does the military help the poor?? Just like it helps every other citizen regardless of income.... by ensuring the other rights are there by protecting this country... for without it and those serving, you would have none of it

I have always thought the middle and lower income paid too much in taxes. This is my first year of retirement and now I live on SS and pension. This is my first year taking the standard deduction and not itemizing. I had a fair amount withheld from my pension thinking I was going to get hit hard. Well guess what? I got almost all of it back. What does it cost middle income(?$50,000yr) to live in this country? $130.00 total taxes. I think it's safe to say that's nobody's "fair share" I know I can always pay more but nobody does that. I just think $130 is not my fair share to live in such a great country.

Ok lets do it

Our military has not protected the continental US from invasion in 150 years. Our military global presence helps protect the wealthy and ensure continued revenue

Strike two.

Not quite. That road and bridge may allow me to get to work. But it allows the wealthy to have their workforce and customers reach them at low cost. It also allows them to move goods and services cheaply to a larger market. The wealthy benefit much more than the workers

No. The wealthy should pay to educate their workers. Why should the taxpayers do it for you?

What happens if we get rid of all those things? Now you can't find workers in your area to work for $10 an hour. They can't afford to work for you and pay their rent, food and medical care. When the taxpayer pays for those things...you get to pay your employees less

Oh...and Strike THREE!

Yes....and you are OUT buddy

:clap2:

You are loony toons

The reason why we have not had another country attack us directly since 1941 (Yes, Hawii was ours) is DIRECTLY because of our incredible military

And the rest of your post is even bigger load of hogwash

fREE aDVICE.. LIBTARDS..

CLASS WARFARE WON'T WORK OUT FOR YA.. IT JUST WON'T

If you read the threads on sites such as this, and watch what is going on around the country, it seems pretty apparent that Class Warfare works very well.

Immie

Who pays the vast majority of taxes in this nation?

The middle class, of course.

Their taxes end up supporting the state and local governments far FAR in excess to that paid for the top 1% or even 10%.

EVery time they fill up their gas tanks, or buy their kid a candy bar they're paying taxes that go to keeping their societies going.

Actually this is the myth ed. That taxes/government are what keeps society going.

The myth that the rich pay most of the taxes in this nation is a lie by half TRUTH.

Half TRUTH LIES are, let's face it, something the GOP is particualrly good at inventing.

And the terminally stupid fall for that kind of propaganda because they are, after all, too dense to think beyond the headlines

It isn't a half truth. That the rich pay more in income tax is undeniable.

The statement about the unfairness of taxation is usually couched to make it a lie, sport.

It usualy read the rich pay X % of the taxes. Poor them!

The half truth, AKA the PROPAGADA LIE of the above is because FEDERAL INCOME taxes are smaller percentage of all the taxes spent keeping this nation, its state and local goverments going.

The middle class created most of the nation's wealth, pays most of the taxes, too, and gets probably the smallest return of their tax dollars of any class.

Specifically the aflluent upper middle class and lower-upper classes are the most egregiously put upon since they make money, get taxed like crazy, and do NOT have the tax laws that would mitigate that tax burden that the uber-wealthy ALL have.

Neglecting to note that FEDERAL TAXES are not the lions share of of all taxation paid by Americans doesn't change the truth of it.

Last edited:
Infographic: Tax Breaks vs. Budget Cuts

ThinkProgress » Show Me The Money: As Colorado Slashes Funds For Education, Tom Cruise Pays $400 In Property Taxes

Colorado, Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) is proposing a massive $375 million cut to education funding and proposing to close four state parks. Meanwhile, Tom Cruise, whose net worth exceeds $250 million, pays Colorado just $400 a year in property taxes for a 248 -acre property outside of Telluride that he purchased for $18 million.

How does he do it? By manipulating a tax break designed to help struggling farmers. The Denver Post reports
How do you give a tax cut to those who receive more back in taxes than they pay in? Bigger gubmint largess?

One of your more idiotic efforts Troothypoo.

Forum List

Back