Taunting Area? Why Not Just Ban Race Talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
USMB first tried to control race discussion by creating a special section for it.

Then that section became wildly popular. Don't know the stats, but it looks like a big draw to me... and probably results in a lot of the views that make USMB ads viable.

Too popular?

Now, it's in the "Taunting Arena" or whatever, alongside "Conspiracy Theories."

Hmmm.

Where else can it go? A subsection of the "Food and Wine" section?

My query is, if racial discussion is so awful, why not just ban it? And anyone who takes an un-PC view, like me? That's what all the other discussion boards do. Then "conservatives" can get back to talking about what a great guy Bush is and "liberals" can resume their discussion of how Christians control America.

Because obviously, USMB doesn't like the race talk. So why play games?

Just ban it.

And hope that nobody too inquisitive thinks about the implications too deeply...

When did this get moved? And other then assuming all talk in this sub forum is offensive why move it to the taunting area? And further if the assumption is all the conversations will be ofensive why have this sub forum at all?

I dont see any difference between the taunting that goes on here, as opposed to lets say the "Israel and Palestinian" section. I dont understand this move.

Really? Why do you guys care how the board is organized? Is it too hard to find now?

Why is this forum in the TAUNTING AREA? Pretty simple question. If the claim is that any and everything posted here will be offensive then simply get rid of the forum, we already have a flame zone forum.

Really? Why do you guys care how the board is organized? Is it too hard to find now?

Why is this forum in the TAUNTING AREA? Pretty simple question. If the claim is that any and everything posted here will be offensive then simply get rid of the forum, we already have a flame zone forum.

Obviously, someone decided that this is where it should go. Now, I ask, is it really that big of a deal?

I can tell you why it’s been moved but I guess I’ll have to speak for 52nd street and bass since they now can’t find it. It’s because the racist whites are trying to repress black people by moving this where they can’t find it and post more about how bad the white people are by stealing their women and trying to make black people gay. I think?

Obviously, someone decided that this is where it should go. Now, I ask, is it really that big of a deal?

Yes as a matter of fact it is IMPORTANT. If this forum is nothing more than a taunting forum we have no need of it, move the threads to the flame zone, publish rules that state all threads on race relations and racism are offensive and will only be tolerated in the Flame Zone.

Get the idea yet?

What I find offensive is that you can not fathom why anyone would be bothered by this forum being moved here. The Taunting Arena is pretty damn clear what it's purpose is and now this Forum is in it. Someone or several someones are saying that all discussions of race and racism are offensive and nothing more than taunts to other members.

If that is the opinion of the powers that be, just get rid of the sub forum and publish rules about it.

Yes as a matter of fact it is IMPORTANT. If this forum is nothing more than a taunting forum we have no need of it, move the threads to the flame zone, publish rules that state all threads on race relations and racism are offensive and will only be tolerated in the Flame Zone.

Get the idea yet?

What I find offensive is that you can not fathom why anyone would be bothered by this forum being moved here. The Taunting Arena is pretty damn clear what it's purpose is and now this Forum is in it. Someone or several someones are saying that all discussions of race and racism are offensive and nothing more than taunts to other members.

If that is the opinion of the powers that be, just get rid of the sub forum and publish rules about it.

Tell you what. The only people that can move a sub forum are those endowed with Administrative powers. Contact an administrator via PM if it is that inportant to you. I promise that no staff member reads every single post that is written., so it is possible the reason for "staff silence" is that the person who made the move has not read your post. I would probably find the answer for you, but I won't. For two reasons.

Reason one being your hostile tone and over reaction about something that frankly isn't that big of a deal. The smart ass comment about being banned for questioning staff decisions was out of order. If you only knew how hard it is to get banned form this place, you wouldn't have typed that. The audacity of you thinking that this board is run on your opinion alone is ridiculous at best. Pont is, there is a nicer way of asking.

Reason number two, is that I could give a rats ass.

I'd be interested to know the reason if anyone would be willing to tell us.

I'd be interested to know the reason if anyone would be willing to tell us.

That is not how it works here. Now just be quiet and be glad they let you post here.

You're utterly ridiculous. Now stop your incessant whining. You have no problem with Conspiracy Theories being in the Taunting Arena. You haven't said a word about that.

Maybe the people that use the Flame Zone don't want their shit cluttered up with racist bullshit, eh?

Take some of your own advice and just be quiet and be glad they let you post here. :eusa_hand:

USMB first tried to control race discussion by creating a special section for it.

Then that section became wildly popular. Don't know the stats, but it looks like a big draw to me... and probably results in a lot of the views that make USMB ads viable.

Too popular?

Now, it's in the "Taunting Arena" or whatever, alongside "Conspiracy Theories."

Hmmm.

Where else can it go? A subsection of the "Food and Wine" section?

My query is, if racial discussion is so awful, why not just ban it? And anyone who takes an un-PC view, like me? That's what all the other discussion boards do. Then "conservatives" can get back to talking about what a great guy Bush is and "liberals" can resume their discussion of how Christians control America.

Because obviously, USMB doesn't like the race talk. So why play games?

Just ban it.

And hope that nobody too inquisitive thinks about the implications too deeply...

Wildly popular? You mean it became a popular place forth the few racists here to run their mouthes and the rest of everyone else to jump their asses, all devolving into insultfests.

Your memory appears to be a bit short, WJ. Most racist BS got locked prior to my creating this subforum. And I took just as much flack THEN from the alarmists who cry "racism" at every turn as you are trying to give me now.

There's nothing popular about this except as an extension to the Flame Zone with an actual topic label. So get off your fucking soapbox. I guess you define "popular" as having your ass beat down by everyone else?

Ingrate. You should be happy you even have a damned forum to voice your racist garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back