Tasty multi-layer irony dip: the Brown victory

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I don't have as much time as I would like to thoroughly expound upon the multiple layers of delicious irony that comes with Brown's victory yesterday, but I did promise so here is at least a start.

1. Teddy's healthcare legacy wish derailed by his own ego. If he stepped down in time to get replaced during the 2008 election, his seat surely would have gone to a democrat.

2. Prior to 2004, the Governor had the authority to appoint an interim Senator in the event the seat was vacated. But in one of the most politically disgusting Massachusetts hackerama moves, the state legislature changed the law to require a special election (because they thought Kerry was going to the White House and didn't want Mitt Romney to be able to replace him). Way to go tards! :thup: :lol:

3. The state (MA) that seemingly had the power to tip the scales on socialized healthcare, already has their own, more progressive socialized healthcare! Even if you're for it, where is the incentive? :lol:

Each of these points contain additional layers if you dig a little. But I'm going to leave that in the capable hands of my USMB colleagues.

Go!

:clap2:

it was the old law (the gov appoints someone to fill the term) that allowed a kennedy coatholder to hold the seat until teddy was old enough to take it in a special election in 1962 when he turned 30.

the term should have run until 1964, but he was a kennedy after all.

I don't have as much time as I would like to thoroughly expound upon the multiple layers of delicious irony that comes with Brown's victory yesterday, but I did promise so here is at least a start.

1. Teddy's healthcare legacy wish derailed by his own ego. If he stepped down in time to get replaced during the 2008 election, his seat surely would have gone to a democrat.

2. Prior to 2004, the Governor had the authority to appoint an interim Senator in the event the seat was vacated. But in one of the most politically disgusting Massachusetts hackerama moves, the state legislature changed the law to require a special election (because they thought Kerry was going to the White House and didn't want Mitt Romney to be able to replace him). Way to go tards! :thup: :lol:

3. The state (MA) that seemingly had the power to tip the scales on socialized healthcare, already has their own, more progressive socialized healthcare! Even if you're for it, where is the incentive? :lol:

Each of these points contain additional layers if you dig a little. But I'm going to leave that in the capable hands of my USMB colleagues.

Go!

Manifold,

You got in the BEST analysis of the situation.

My comments are just two of the "many layers" but they dim by comparison to yours: by getting rid of CROAKLEY one does not get rid of just any putrescent Obamarrhoid.......Brown got rid of one of the more contemptible ones.

Another point is that not ONLY did Brown get rid of the more contemptible Obamarrhoids......Brown's victory caused the MOST CONTEMPTIBLE assholes among them to point fingers at each othe and blame each other.......now, how sweet THAT is....as icing on the cake ?????

Xeno, you have the typo....it's pEtard. Edit that before some Obamarrhoid will besmirch your excellent summation.

Del, your Kennedy irony ain't too shabby either.

Last edited: