Tarantino’s new film, "Django", uses the word “******” 108 times

How many times did Spike Lee use the word ******? I read Samuel Clemens AKA Mark Twain use the same word a zillion amount of times, I also hear blacks using the same word so? It doesn’t mean ANYYHING anymore except pretend to shock liberal white people. Get over it.

So, walk up to a group of young, black gentlemen and call each and every one of them that....since you are saying it doesnt mean anything to them. Let us know how that turned out.
Borrowing on your scenario, just walking up to a group of Black men and calling them ******* is asking for an ass-kicking -- which would be well-deserved.

But I have a problem with the idea that it's okay for Blacks to presumptuously forbid Whites to use that word academically or in any way other than a direct personal insult. Because no one has the right to make authoritative demands on the vocabulary of others

I have a problem with anyone using the word. I say whites who use the word, academically or otherwise, are bucking for a fight.

The movie is about a slave owner in the south before the Civil War.

So to maintain correct era dialouge in the movie; the word ****** is liberally used.

The use of the word ****** is historically accurate and apropo for the time period.

But another film maker Spike Lee says that it's just blatant racism and has no place in the movie.

Agree or disagree? :cool:

It has every place in a movie because the word ****** was real. Screw everyone else who thinks it shouldn't be used now in a historical sense when gang bangers call each other ******* on a day to day.

Hell's bells I come from the time period when a hoe was a gardening instrument and I'm not suing the ass out of some rap company now.

Now historically, one has to use ******. Two ways. ****** in derogatory terms. Horrid. But it happened. There were worse terms that were more disgusting than that.

Or ****** in a good way like" ****** riggin" when I lived south. That was a term that applied to you if you could find the best way to do something without paying the man, you called it "****** riggin".

Highest compliment you could give anyone on the planet. You had made it man. It meant you figured out a way that you beat the man.

Colloquialisms are tough especially with pc cops. Too bad. Because so many times they help define a region or a history.

The word has no "good way" usage. You're insane. POS racist ****.

If it is historically accurate why was Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer rewritten to eliminate the term? The complaint is not that it was used but that like Tarantino's use of violence over used. Stuffing it in wherever it would fit instead of where it was the most effective at advancing the narrative. If someone doesn't like it they are racist.

Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn were re-written to satisfy the PC bullshitters.

Might wanna check again, back to that time, and see how many times the word "******" was actually used in what was considered "polite speech".

You'd be surprised.

At one time it was polite speech. It didn't become a bad word until the 60s when it was declared unmentionable. At one time FUCK was a legal term used in the same way we say DUI.

Lies and sissy chatter. Polite speech? Never.

The movie is about a slave owner in the south before the Civil War.

So to maintain correct era dialouge in the movie; the word ****** is liberally used.

The use of the word ****** is historically accurate and apropo for the time period.

But another film maker Spike Lee says that it's just blatant racism and has no place in the movie.

Agree or disagree? :cool:

How many times is the N word used in the Whiite House every day by the Secret Service and the military charged to watch over this first family of fools?

Probably, too many times. I think using the word should be punishable by death.

How many times did Spike Lee use the word ******? I read Samuel Clemens AKA Mark Twain use the same word a zillion amount of times, I also hear blacks using the same word so? It doesn’t mean ANYYHING anymore except pretend to shock liberal white people. Get over it.

So, walk up to a group of young, black gentlemen and call each and every one of them that....since you are saying it doesnt mean anything to them. Let us know how that turned out.

Never a problem for me. And I am very very very white. And I have crossed most of North America. I'm a pale face.

In the south and I do love this phrase when you figure out a real problem in your house hold, you say you ****** rigged it.

It's the best compliment you can give.

American blacks who have risen in D ranks are the most racist people on the planet.I've never met the like. Racist to the core.

Hell's bells American blacks wont even recognize that the first slaves in America were Irish children that Cromwell shipped over.

This is the mark of the mentally disturbed....totally irrational and devoid of a moral compass. Dangerous, in fact.

Never a problem for me. And I am very very very white. And I have crossed most of North America. I'm a pale face.

In the south and I do love this phrase when you figure out a real problem in your house hold, you say you ****** rigged it.

It's the best compliment you can give.

American blacks who have risen in D ranks are the most racist people on the planet.I've never met the like. Racist to the core.

Hell's bells American blacks wont even recognize that the first slaves in America were Irish children that Cromwell shipped over.
Well, I am black. Call me one.

And live to tell it. I know you're right.

I will not stop saying ****** until I don't hear the words honky or cracker any more. Tit for tat.

I doubt it will take that long. Say it loud and say it often. Just tell me where to send flowers.

I just saw Django. What a badass movie. ..... Django gives you a little bit of satisfaction in seeing fictional versions of those types of characters blown to shit.

:eusa_eh:

You do realize that the movie was about fictional characters, right?

I like Tarantino, but Django was no more historically accurate than "Kill Bill."

If you think this is the only portrayal of cruel whites, then I guess you've been under a rock most of your life: Rent "Roots," or see any movie made in the past 50 years about blacks in the USA.

Yanno................I wonder how many times the word "******" was used in the Roots miniseries?
A lot. "In context". The problem lies in the fact that context is missing in real life. There is no context.

I just saw Django. What a badass movie. ..... Django gives you a little bit of satisfaction in seeing fictional versions of those types of characters blown to shit.

:eusa_eh:

You do realize that the movie was about fictional characters, right?

I like Tarantino, but Django was no more historically accurate than "Kill Bill."

If you think this is the only portrayal of cruel whites, then I guess you've been under a rock most of your life: Rent "Roots," or see any movie made in the past 50 years about blacks in the USA.

Are you dumb? Did you not read IN WHAT YOU QUOTED, me saying FICTIONAL VERSIONS OF TYPES OF CHARACTERS? I bolded it for you, so you can't NOT see it again.

God damn.

I have a problem with anyone using the word. I say whites who use the word, academically or otherwise, are bucking for a fight.
1) Does ". . .bucking for a fight" mean you would physically attack any White person who used the word ******, regardless of context?

2) What are your thoughts about Blacks who use the word in almost every sentence?

3) What is the definition of the word, ******? What exactly does it mean?

4) What do you think of the following quotation?

"The American negro will not truly be free until the word ****** no longer troubles him. Because the striking of chains and the death of Jim Crow does not free the mind." (James Baldwin; speaking at Columbia University, December, 1964.)

Much ado about nothing. ALL movies about race use racial slurs. There really a movie called "Poor White Trash"I loved the movie and did not think it racist at all.

I just saw Django. What a badass movie. I'm sure usage of the world ****** makes quite a few white people real uncomfortable. They might even call the movie "un-American" because of how uncomfortable it makes them feel. But that's just remarkably telling.

We have an awful history in this country, and while Django was certainly fictional, real awful shit went down and a whole hell of a lot of real awful white people existed.

They were sorry excuses for Americans. Django gives you a little bit of satisfaction in seeing fictional versions of those types of characters blown to shit.

You know what dude, I don't have an awful history in this country. I have a wonderful history in this country.

And seeing this subject rehashed over and over again does make me feel uncomfortable but I nor my ancestors had anything to do with racism nor slavery.

We now have a black President and many blacks are still treated like slaves by our government.

We now have a black President and many blacks are still treated like slaves by our government.
Please understand I am not being argumentatively smart-ass in asking for specific examples of government treating Blacks like slaves. That just seems somewhat severe, but I won't discount it until I read what you have to say.

I just saw Django. What a badass movie. I'm sure usage of the world ****** makes quite a few white people real uncomfortable. They might even call the movie "un-American" because of how uncomfortable it makes them feel. But that's just remarkably telling.

We have an awful history in this country, and while Django was certainly fictional, real awful shit went down and a whole hell of a lot of real awful white people existed.

They were sorry excuses for Americans. Django gives you a little bit of satisfaction in seeing fictional versions of those types of characters blown to shit.

You know what dude, I don't have an awful history in this country. I have a wonderful history in this country.

And seeing this subject rehashed over and over again does make me feel uncomfortable but I nor my ancestors had anything to do with racism nor slavery.

Wow, you people are fucking ridiculous, always with the "blacks are slaves" thing. Black people JUST CANNOT HAVE ANY WILLPOWER in your mind... they are all always apparently "willful slaves" when they choose their own political course.

And yes, we do have an awful history. Our history of slave owning is one of our biggest stains.

How do you know your ancestors had nothing to do with racism?

Man there were some funny sh*t in that movie....
God I laughed hard at this.........

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Does ". . .bucking for a fight" mean you would physically attack any White person who used the word ******, regardless of context?

2) What are your thoughts about Blacks who use the word in almost every sentence?

"The American negro will not truly be free until the word ****** no longer troubles him. Because the striking of chains and the death of Jim Crow does not free the mind." (James Baldwin; speaking at Columbia University, December, 1964.)

1. Directly at me? Probably. Academically? I would publicly humiliate them.
2. I don't associate with blacks who use the word. I think they do the black community a disservice by using the word. How can you frown on "whites" using it, when you're using it?3. Really? Look it up in a standard dictionary.
4. I agree with Baldwin. It's not a word I answer to...it does not define me. But I will challenge anyone using it.

2. I don't associate with blacks who use the word. I think they do the black community a disservice by using the word. How can you frown on "whites" using it, when you're using it?3. Really? Look it up in a standard dictionary.
4. I agree with Baldwin. It's not a word I answer to...it does not define me. But I will challenge anyone using it.

Attacking someone who uses it toward you, or humiliating someone who uses it in an academic fashion, but you agree with the quote?

I'm sorry, how is that no longer being troubled by the word ******? That sounds like a perfect example of being troubled by the word!

Attacking someone who uses it toward you, or humiliating someone who uses it in an academic fashion, but you agree with the quote?

I'm sorry, how is that no longer being troubled by the word ******? That sounds like a perfect example of being troubled by the word!

Why are you interested? Are you planning on using the word, anytime soon? And Baldwin said he wasn't troubled by the word. I didn't say that. Reading and word comprehension are fundamental.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back