Tarantino: ‘Disrespectful’ To Newtown Victims To Link Shooting To Movies

Republicans are disrespectful to Newtown victims by continuing to support all types of weapons for everyone and anyone.

I think it's hilarious how quick you guys are to attack the First Amendment in defense of the Second.

As far as I'm concerned Hollywood is free to express whatever they want, but I also believe that Hollywood is responsible, to a degree, for the culture of violence in our country.
Europeans watch the same films we do, and their rate of violent crime is much lower.

[
And the left is trying to ignore the influence. Of course the movies and video games are not going to effect the majority in a way they become homocidal. But the fringe wack job? Can you deny they could have an influence as Tarantino has done?

Oh, there might be some influence, but how much is moot. At the end of the day, I would say for every nutter influenced into doing something bad due to watching a movie like Tarantino's, there are millions of us who have also seen the same movie and done nothing.

It reminds of the case of a couple of Nevada kids who tried to commit suicide after doing drugs while listening to a Judas Priest record in the 1980s. They used a shotgun. One died the other survived with horrendous facial injuries. The survivor sued JP and lost. I always found it interesting that something like 500,000 people bought that record. 499,998 of those buyers didn't do a damn thing, but somehow it was Judas Priest's fault that two drug-addled losers decided to shoot themselves. it was 100 percent their fault and decision.

So the shotgun had no fault either.

BTW, we may not know how many others did themselves in we only know of the one that failed.

[
And the left is trying to ignore the influence. Of course the movies and video games are not going to effect the majority in a way they become homocidal. But the fringe wack job? Can you deny they could have an influence as Tarantino has done?

Oh, there might be some influence, but how much is moot. At the end of the day, I would say for every nutter influenced into doing something bad due to watching a movie like Tarantino's, there are millions of us who have also seen the same movie and done nothing.

It reminds of the case of a couple of Nevada kids who tried to commit suicide after doing drugs while listening to a Judas Priest record in the 1980s. They used a shotgun. One died the other survived with horrendous facial injuries. The survivor sued JP and lost. I always found it interesting that something like 500,000 people bought that record. 499,998 of those buyers didn't do a damn thing, but somehow it was Judas Priest's fault that two drug-addled losers decided to shoot themselves. it was 100 percent their fault and decision.

So the shotgun had no fault either.

BTW, we may not know how many others did themselves in we only know of the one that failed.

I agree with the shotgun..

Doesn't matter how many failed - they wouldn't even make the margin of error. I would suggest that people who do such things have other problems in their life....

I think it's hilarious how quick you guys are to attack the First Amendment in defense of the Second.

Who in the f... said his speech should be restricted? WTF is wrong with you people? He can say whatever he wants that makes him sound like an asshole that is his right but I don't have to like it.

Liberhoids view as any criticism of their idiocies as an attack on their freedom of speech. On the other hand, shutting down television stations they don't like is viewed as defending freedom of speech.

As far as I'm concerned Hollywood is free to express whatever they want, but I also believe that Hollywood is responsible, to a degree, for the culture of violence in our country.
Europeans watch the same films we do, and their rate of violent crime is much lower.

So you think Hollywood, music, and video games have no influence on society.

Forum List

Back