Taquitos from QuikTrip

Anyone want to tell me what they are, what's in them, how they're made?

dilloduck said:
a mini fried burrito - meat

Taquitos are corn tortillas filled with some kind of meat (usually pork but either beef or chicken are okay too) then rolled and deep fried. They are then served with pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole, refried beans and Mexeecan rice. They are excellente!

JOKER96BRAVO said:
They have them at 7-11 too.

I am sure they pale in comparison to those in the Quiktrip. At least to those people from the East where these mythical "Quiktrips" exist they wouldn't be as good.

I once worked with a girl that actually tried to tell me that McDonald's tasted better in NYC. Nostalgia adds flavors that don't exist in the real world.

no1tovote4 said:
I am sure they pale in comparison to those in the Quiktrip. At least to those people from the East where these mythical "Quiktrips" exist they wouldn't be as good.

I once worked with a girl that actually tried to tell me that McDonald's tasted better in NYC. Nostalgia adds flavors that don't exist in the real world.

Well, I guarantee you that Popeye's tastes better in the south than it does on the west coast. Hands down - not just nostalgia! ;-)

freeandfun1 said:
Well, I guarantee you that Popeye's tastes better in the south than it does on the west coast. Hands down - not just nostalgia! ;-)

I don't live on the coast, but it tastes pretty damned good here by the Rockies. ;)

I have seen the mythical "Quicktrip"
I grew up in the south though.
They used to have the commercials with the dog named Lamar.

Quiktrip isn't a myth...and it certainly doesn't have any good food, either. :D

taquitos.jpg

Well, a quarter pounder meal in NYC is like $6.50, so it damn well should taste better!

But, yeah, I know what you're saying. I will say Italian food is way better in the northeast, and Coke tastes different (worse) in Florida.

Dan said:
Well, a quarter pounder meal in NYC is like $6.50, so it damn well should taste better!

But, yeah, I know what you're saying. I will say Italian food is way better in the northeast, and Coke tastes different (worse) in Florida.

In the west the Italian food is always spicier, therefore when I get it in the northeast I find their sausage almost tasteless. I think it is what you are used to in such cases. However, I have been to McDs in almost every state, it doesn't "taste better" in any of them.

shattered, there ARE many fine foods available at quickTrip. Don't be a snob! Their frozen sandwich selection is quite delectable as well!

:usa:

Forum List

Back