Tapping the fretboard

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
First, let's honor the man who invented the technique. Eddie Van Halen was playing the Shornstein Bar Mitvah at the time this was televised

Then, there's this

and his protege

any others?

First, let's honor the man who invented the technique. Eddie Van Halen was playing the Shornstein Bar Mitvah at the time this was televised

Then, there's this

and his protege

any others?

No real quibbles on the history of it, but tapping and/or slapping the neck was used by early acoustic blues players.

In jazz, Stanley Jordan elevated two-hands-on-the-neck to an art:

Artists such as Pino Forastiere, Mike Dawes, and many more continue to push the envelope.

There's a black guitar player who has an amazing 2 handed technique as well. I can't recall his name. He can play a melody with his tapping fingers

There's a black guitar player who has an amazing 2 handed technique as well. I can't recall his name. He can play a melody with his tapping fingers

Sometime in the 80's, a player in a bar band showed me the Michael Sembello (Maniac) lick. I was surprised at its simplicity.

Have you heard any of the CandyRat guitarists? Some are very good.

Then, there's this

and his protege

any others?

Zappa is one of the most underrated guitarists ever

Forum List

Back