Tanya Brown (The late Nicole Brown's sister)

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
This article is almost a year old; but I'm just reading it.

O.J. Simpson s Kids 20 Years Later Radar Online

As if watching your sister's murderer walk free is not hard enough? How about having to share custody of the children with the said murderer?

But it’s taken a lot to get to that point. After the murders and Simpson’s acquittal , Brown says, the family struggled to give the kids a sense of normalcy as they split custody between Simpson and the Brown family.

“After the trials were done, my mom and I were like Team Brown. We had a meeting point where we transported the kids and picked the kids up and dropped the kids off,” Brown, author of a new self-help book/memoir, Finding Peace Amid the Chaos: My Escape from Depression and Suicide, says. “We were in constant contact with him because of the kids. … He will forever live on in Sydney and Justin and he is for the rest of his life attached to my family somehow.”

Indeed, even though Brown believed he was guilty of killing her sister, she was forced to try to make nice with him for the sake of the children.

“I had to go and pick the kids up at the house where he lived, and I saw him,” she recalls. “It was hard for me, but I did it. My mom gave me a pep talk, like, ‘You’re doing this for the kids.’ I entered the home, packed their bags. I went into his home and I saw the furniture I used to sit on [when Nicole was alive].”

“I was so foggy, but I had to put on the face because this is their dad,” she says. “They will always love their dad. I choose to respect that.”

In fact, she claims that to this day they never discuss the murder or Simpson’s part in it.

I think that's crazy. Did she not give OJ a piece of her mind for the sake of the kids? Seems that way.

Tanya Brown:

kpmugk-29readtanyabrown1large.jpg

Wonder what they really think about their father?

They were kids so hard to know their understanding of things at the time, but as they grew up and matured somewhere along the line they'd hear or read or be asked things that pointed to dear old daddy had murdered their mommy.

Happy Father's Day, dad!

Forum List

Back