~Tanning Beds~

I hear ya!
It is all good, I went to tan earlier, did some shopping and got back home right before the skies opened up to a helluva rainstorm! :lol:

Are you tanned like Snookie?

I do not know, I know who Snookie is, but I don't watch her show (does she still have one??) But I have seen her in news reports. I know she's short....way shorter than I :lol:
But I honestly have no idea how she looks now, tanned or no...sorry *sigh*

snooki_jpg_300x1000_q85.jpg

^^ everything fake...including the tan..

LOL

She is kind of cute, but she has gone downhill from the first season due to her excessive drinking and poor diet, she doesn't exercise all the time like the rest of the cast.

LOL....i dont think she is cute. But that is only my opinion.

Ive never seen the show either. But from what i hear, its just another show about bad behavior being rewarded. ;)

I'm a Swede and can't get a tan. I used to be jealous of my friends who would tan, but now I am happy to still be wrinkle free.:)

Back in the '70s the rage were tans, letting "the sun play with your skin" as the boy scout manual put it, 15 to 30 minutes of exposing for the "most healthful." By the '90s, I never had a shirt off outside, and now in the 21st century I am on blood pressure medicine that encourages as little direct sunlight as possible.

And I assume the doctors will tell me the artificial sunlight is not more healthy.

No, I don't want to paint my skin some color either, with whatever chemicals they use with that spray on stuff - I'll just wear clothes like most of us civilized people do.

Damn! I slap on the oil LOL

I'm a blue eyed blonde, and so is my daughter. Have to protect that skin! :D

Yes, you blondes with those baby blues do seem to have fairer skin. One of my daughters-in-law is a blonde and she burns quite easily. She can't seem to get a "good" tan, she gets more red (more than she likes) :lol:

That's odd for a blonde.

Most extremely light-skinned Germanic/Slavic blondes with blue eyes tan beautifully.

When I was a young and living the life of a beach bum, I tanned to the color of a horse-chestnut after a few weeks in the sun as did all my other blonde haired blue eyed relatives and chums.

You sure your daughter-in-law isn't Celtic?

A fair number of those poor sods never tan.

Last edited:
I'm a blue eyed blonde, and so is my daughter. Have to protect that skin! :D

Yes, you blondes with those baby blues do seem to have fairer skin. One of my daughters-in-law is a blonde and she burns quite easily. She can't seem to get a "good" tan, she gets more red (more than she likes) :lol:

That's odd for a blonde.

Most extremely light-skinned Germanic/Slavic blondes with blue eyes tan beautifully.

When I was a young and living the life of a beach bum, I tanned to the color of a horse-chestnut after a few weeks in the sun as did all my other blonde haired blue eyed relatives and chums.

You sure your daughter-in-law isn't Celtic?

A fair number of those poor sods never tan.

What is that?? The above in red. Are you saying something bad about her or what?? :lol:
And no, I'm pretty sure she isn't Celtic.

Just think if it that if Coco Chanel (the fashion designer) had not went on a vacation back in the roaring 20's sun tanning may not have become so glamorous. Women got to take their clothes off to go to the beach and men got to see legs and other parts that were hidden by the clothes of the time. This coincided with Chanel's accident sunburn and since she was a fashion designer it took hold. Men liked the look and still do because we have been trained to like it by the media and society. Putting that genie back in the bottle is going to take time.

Forum List

Back