~Tanning Beds~

Oh baby!

post-1-1248897619.jpg

Yeah, I have seen this photo and others somewhat similar. She really does appear to be wearing leather. And it's disturbing I agree.
But she must not be afraid to appear in public and wonder what people think. I wouldn't go out in public if I did look like that. And I'm no where near looking like that.

Yeah, I have seen this photo and others somewhat similar. She really does appear to be wearing leather. And it's disturbing I agree.
But she must not be afraid to appear in public and wonder what people think. I wouldn't go out in public if I did look like that. And I'm no where near looking like that.

That's gotta be photo shopped. She looks like an alligator.

Hey, if it makes ya happy and feel good about yourself, go for it!

But, down the road......meh, different strokes for different folks!

I wear 80 SPF when I'm out in the sun. Tanning is not something I'm into, but I do love to be outside.

Damn! I slap on the oil LOL

I'm a blue eyed blonde, and so is my daughter. Have to protect that skin! :D

good for you. I'm blonde and blue too and have had way to many serious burns in my life. I tan pretty well but my problem was I used to over do it. Even now I spend a ton of time out in the sun. not laying there but just outdoors. I used to do the tanning beds when I was younger but started to get these funky blisters on my chest. so i gave that up pretty quick.

Your skin won't be thanking you, but your dermatologist will!

Yeah, I hear a lot of negative things about a tanning bed. But so far, I haven't had anything happen to make me reconsider- yet!

lets see ....i managed a tanning salon...i use to tan both in the sun and with tanning beds....the first cancer appeared when i was in my late twenties....they told me to stop completely...i did....the last cancer was removed about 2 years ago...i have to go every 6 months for a total body check....takes about 5 days for the biopsy to be returned...have you ever waited 5 days to find out if your cancer if the good kind...basal cell or the bad kind that is most likely going to kill you...have you ever seen the scars form the removals...i have a scar from the corner of my eye to my ear..the bottom part of the ear...
even with a good surgeon....its not funny when the effects of this sun catches up with you and i understand the addiction to the sun....and tanning beds.....but now i understand living with the threat of a serious cancer....i have seen people die within months of a melanoma even with 6 month check ups...it can sneak up on you...know the joy of your man having to watch ever part of your body for the least little change and then going to the doc....having it removed.....you ever had cancer burned off.....or froze off....seems simple...i guess it really is...hurts...stings ...then the next day the inner layers of skin pop out the spot...looks like someone stuck raw cauliflower flowerette on your face....but its not white...its red...and ozones...and hell that is nothing compared to the surgery for melanoma's....you will be amazed how much of the tissue and surface they will take trying to save your life.....and that the chances arent with you....by the time most are discovered they are life threatening....

melanoma - Google Search

I've seen people like that in real life.

That's gotta be photo shopped. She looks like an alligator.

not photo shopped.....that is what the skin looks like after a lifetime of abuse....and remmber the skin is your largest organ....would you kill your liver on purpose...

Yeah, I hear a lot of negative things about a tanning bed. But so far, I haven't had anything happen to make me reconsider- yet!

lets see ....i managed a tanning salon...i use to tan both in the sun and with tanning beds....the first cancer appeared when i was in my late twenties....they told me to stop completely...i did....the last cancer was removed about 2 years ago...i have to go every 6 months for a total body check....takes about 5 days for the biopsy to be returned...have you ever waited 5 days to find out if your cancer if the good kind...basal cell or the bad kind that is most likely going to kill you...have you ever seen the scars form the removals...i have a scar from the corner of my eye to my ear..the bottom part of the ear...
even with a good surgeon....its not funny when the effects of this sun catches up with you and i understand the addiction to the sun....and tanning beds.....but now i understand living with the threat of a serious cancer....i have seen people die within months of a melanoma even with 6 month check ups...it can sneak up on you...know the joy of your man having to watch ever part of your body for the least little change and then going to the doc....having it removed.....you ever had cancer burned off.....or froze off....seems simple...i guess it really is...hurts...stings ...then the next day the inner layers of skin pop out the spot...looks like someone stuck raw cauliflower flowerette on your face....but its not white...its red...and ozones...and hell that is nothing compared to the surgery for melanoma's....you will be amazed how much of the tissue and surface they will take trying to save your life.....and that the chances arent with you....by the time most are discovered they are life threatening....

melanoma - Google Search

see i worry about that too. I've gotten a lot of sun in my years. my mother had skin cancer. so far nothing on me yet.

I have watched people die from cancer. Lung cancer, leukemia and lymphoma. No kind of cancer is a pretty thing to live with, or watch someone you love struggle with. Nobody has to tell me anything about cancer, believe me- I know what it can do.

then have enough sense to stop now.....before its too late..seriously...i know how it is to tan...hell there are days all i want to do is throw down a blanket and lay in the sun....

do they still have radio stations that have a beep every 15 minutes so you know to turn over?

The beds I lie in are called the bronzers, I don't lie in what they call "Black Sun". The Black Sun has the 100 watt bulbs and the bronzers have the 300 watt bulbs.
It is for 20 minutes, and no, there is no beep or anything to let you know when to turn over, etc.

Now when I think of tanning beds I think of Final destination 3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0g375hsc_w&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Final Destination 3 - Phoenix Tanning (Another's Fate)‬‏[/ame]

melanoma - Google Search

No one ever listens until it is to late.

Great pos
t

Forum List

Back