Tanks Spotted Today at Watsonville, CA Santa Cruz

I lived in Santa Cruz for 5 years. I went to basic training at Fort Ord and my MOS was at Fort Sill. Fort Ord, which is in Monterey. a short drive from Santa Cruz. Tanks going to or from a military base is hardly unusual.

Hope that helped ease the panic.

No, haven't you been paying attention? The nutters are all abuzz about FEMA camps, Military exercises and the coming police State.

Ohh just a quick question, were you one of the liberal dumb asses that claimed Bush would take over the Country rather then have a peaceful transition? If so don't post in these delusional threads as you were just as bad 4 years ago.

Bush was relieved to be finished with being president.

link?.....

A president like Bill Clinton as asked to speak everywhere. His presidency was successful. He has made over a hundred millions dollars in speaking fees.

Bush's presidency was a failure. Everything he touched he ruined. You might have a few Republican right wing colleges offer him a few thousand dollars to speak, but not too many people are interested in a man who damaged the country so. Eight years of failure. He is proof of what happens when someone is both arrogant and ignorant. Scientists fled his administration when he attempted to force them into changing their data to match his administrations policy. He replaced seasoned professional lawyers in the Justice Department with Bible School Graduates. The head of FEMA was a judge from "horse shows". He tried to make his secretary a Supreme Court Judge. If I tried to make this up, everyone would think it's too "far fetched".

But I see him as the best the Right Wing has to offer. None of the Presidential Candidates are even as good as him. Any of them will be much worse.

what the hell does this have to do with the Conversation?.......did a Dean thread get merged here accidentally....

A president like Bill Clinton as asked to speak everywhere. His presidency was successful. He has made over a hundred millions dollars in speaking fees.

Bush's presidency was a failure. Everything he touched he ruined. You might have a few Republican right wing colleges offer him a few thousand dollars to speak, but not too many people are interested in a man who damaged the country so. Eight years of failure. He is proof of what happens when someone is both arrogant and ignorant. Scientists fled his administration when he attempted to force them into changing their data to match his administrations policy. He replaced seasoned professional lawyers in the Justice Department with Bible School Graduates. The head of FEMA was a judge from "horse shows". He tried to make his secretary a Supreme Court Judge. If I tried to make this up, everyone would think it's too "far fetched".

But I see him as the best the Right Wing has to offer. None of the Presidential Candidates are even as good as him. Any of them will be much worse.

what the hell does this have to do with the Conversation?.......did a Dean thread get merged here accidentally....

Deano got lost...........

The DOD moving tanks form one locale to another doesn't mean that the Police State isn't coming. It's just not directly related to it.

Perhaps you haven't read the NDAA?

You're no longer in the Military, it's ok to have an independent thought every now and again. It's ok to question authority.

We on the outside call that "Free Speech".

From what I have read the NDAA does not allow the military to arrest detain or hold US Citizens. So much for that canard.

With all due respects sec 1021 does give authority to the military to detain an American citizen.

Nope. That is STILL not what it says.

What it SAYS is:
Subtitle D—Counterterrorism
SEC. 1021. AFFIRMATION OF AUTHORITY OF THE ARMED FORCES OF
THE UNITED STATES TO DETAIN COVERED PERSONS
PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY
FORCE.
(a) IN GENERAL.—Congress affirms that the authority of the
President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to
the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107–40;
50 U.S.C. 1541 note) includes the authority for the Armed Forces
of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in subsection
(b)) pending disposition under the law of war.
(b) COVERED PERSONS.—A covered person under this section
is any person as follows:
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided
the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001,
or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported
al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged
in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners,
including any person who has committed a belligerent act or
has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy
forces.
(c) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR.—The disposition of a
person under the law of war as described in subsection (a) may
include the following:
(1) Detention under the law of war without trial until
the end of the hostilities authorized by the Authorization for
Use of Military Force.
(2) Trial under chapter 47A of title 10, United States
Code (as amended by the Military Commissions Act of 2009
(title XVIII of Public Law 111–84)).
(3) Transfer for trial by an alternative court or competent
tribunal having lawful jurisdiction.
(4) Transfer to the custody or control of the person’s country
of origin, any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity.
(d) CONSTRUCTION.—Nothing in this section is intended to limit
or expand the authority of the President or the scope of the
Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be construed
to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of
United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States,
or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United
States

Reasonable people do not buy into the delusions of the stupid Alex Jones and his idiot ilk.

I think Bush built up a pretty remarkable Military. Considering how badly Clinton decimated it, during his watch. Now Obama wants to follow the Clinton model and put us more at risk. Hey, If the Chinese and Russians could vote in this Election, Obama would win in a landslide. ;)

Forum List

Back