Tancredo's TV Add

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zng6I74L5QY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zng6I74L5QY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I sent him money. I may support Paul, though.

Paul is for making the Illegals that arn't felons citizens basically giving them Amnesty. Tancredo is the only candidate truly against Amnesty and the Illegals. You should get a couple of bumperstickers they are really awesome they say Stop Amnesty Vote Tancredo. This guy is our best and only hope. This is a critical time for this issue and we need to stop it.

Paul is for making the Illegals that arn't felons citizens basically giving them Amnesty. Tancredo is the only candidate truly against Amnesty and the Illegals. You should get a couple of bumperstickers they are really awesome they say Stop Amnesty Vote Tancredo. This guy is our best and only hope. This is a critical time for this issue and we need to stop it.

Anyone Joyce is for will be a hard sell for me to support.

Check his answer to the first question regarding immigration in the CBS debate I believe it was late last June. Tancredo called for a "time out" on ALL immigration. Not just illegal, but ALL immigration.

You misunderstood. I am active with his campaign and that is not his view at all.

Yep, I even found that quote

TANCREDO: It means, number one, cut from the past. If you come here as an immigrant, great. If you come here legally, welcome. It means you cut your ties with the past, familial, & especially political ties with the country from which you came. But let's be serious about this, you guys. We talk about all the immigration reform we want, and what it's got to get down to is this: Are we ready for a timeout? Are we actually ready to say, "Enough is enough"? We have to stop all legal immigration except for people coming into this country as family members, immediate family members. We have got to actually begin the process of assimilating people who have come in this great wave of immigration. The process of assimilation is not going on. How long will it take us to catch up? I'll tell you this. It'll take this long: until we no longer have to press 1 for English and 2 for any other language.

Admittedly, I was a bit off. He doesn't want to end ALL immigration, just 95% of all legal immigration as well as illegal immigration.

And what is wrong with that? He didn't say to end legal immigration forever. He said we need time to assimilate the immigrants that are already here. This is nothing new. It has been done before. Do you have a problem with assimilation of immigrants into becoming Americans or are you a liberal supporter of the multi-culturalist balkanization which is tearing our country apart?

so....what is wrong with closing the borders for awhile?

Well, I was kinda under the impression that this nation was the land of opportunity. A place where people could come and start a new life for themselves and their families. To borrow a far too frequently used quote, we are a nation of immigrants, united (ideally) not by a set of old, bloodworn traditions or an artificial and easily destructive notion of collective ethnic, racial or national superiority, but by a common commitment to a set of ideals centered around a belief in liberty, self-determination, democracy and mutual respect. I find the idea of sealing off our country from the world in such a manner to be an utter betrayal of the ideas set forth so long ago by our forefathers.

That and we need immigrant labor.

If we got rid of all of the illegals today, what problems do you think would be solved?

Forum List

Back