Tancredo Says Buh Bye...

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Tom Tancredo finally gave up his run for the presidency today. I have to say that I'm not sorry to see someone who's entire campaign was based on racial divisiveness is out of the running, though even in leaving, his hope was for another like him to step in. I'm not quite sure how that person is Mitt "my house needed work done cheaply so I used illegals" Romney. But maybe that's not all bad.

Tancredo Drops WH Bid, Endorses Romney
By MICHAEL J. CRUMB – 2 hours ago

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Rep. Tom Tancredo, who built his longshot presidential campaign on opposition to illegal immigration, dropped out Thursday and endorsed Republican rival Mitt Romney as the best man to carry on the fight.

Tancredo, a five-term congressman from Colorado, has consistently polled at the bottom of the nine-person Republican field. He announced his withdrawal two weeks before Iowa begins the presidential nominating process with its precinct caucuses.

He said he decided to drop out in part because of concern that staying in could split the vote for other candidates who have taken a hard line on immigration, helping those who would take a less restrictive approach.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ifmdfhiuSQfh-kyCJ-a8bLEQjVAwD8TLEA4O0

someone who's entire campaign was based on racial divisiveness

You mean, like, Obama with his "team black power," Oprah, his Afro-centric minister, etc.?

Or Bill "I'm Hispanic, Vote for Me" Richardson?

Or Hillary "Katrina was the fault of whites" Clinton?

Or John Edwards "the rich... except for me... are bad, and the 'poor' are good"?

Or Joe Lieberman, D-Israel, and his support of McCain?

Or Mike "I can't wait until the Hispanics replace the whites" Huckabee?

Oh, right. That kind of divisiveness.

You mean, like, Obama with his "team black power," Oprah, his Afro-centric minister, etc.?

Or Bill "I'm Hispanic, Vote for Me" Richardson?

Or Hillary "Katrina was the fault of whites" Clinton?

Or John Edwards "the rich... except for me... are bad, and the 'poor' are good"?

Or Joe Lieberman, D-Israel, and his support of McCain?

Or Mike "I can't wait until the Hispanics replace the whites" Huckabee?

Oh, right. That kind of divisiveness.

Any of those folk trying to toss people not like them from the country?

Didn't think so. Nice try, though.

Forum List

Back