Talladega Nights

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
It's funny, but not as funny as Anchorman. Of course, who expected it to be?

The plot is a little more grounded in reality (well, somewhat, anyway) than Anchorman was, which for the average moviegoer is probably a good thing, but for me is a bad thing. But, I need to stop comparing it to Anchorman. Anchorman was one of the funniest movies of the past ten years, if you ask me, there's no possible way this could've matched it.

That said, it is ridiculously hilarious in some parts. I was glad that most of the jokes in the trailer weren't in the actual movie (although, unfortunately, "help me, Tom Cruise!" is in there). Ferrell and Gary Cole were by far the funniest people in the movie, John C. Reilly had some great stuff, and Michael Clarke Duncan made me laugh out loud hard at least once. Sacha Baron Cohen wasn't given a lot to do (he's a gay, French NASCAR driver), but he managed a few laughs with what he had.

So, definitely see it. If Anchorman's a five, this is a solid 3 1/2-4. It's still the funniest movie in theaters right now. And, yeah, there are some jokes at the expense of rednecks, but they're a thousand times funnier than anything any of the Blue Collar TV people have ever done.

Oh, and there was a guy in the background of one of the shots that looked exactly like dmp.

Forum List

Back