Talking Trash About Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never cared if people said stuff about my family.
Cause people here don't know my family, and I don't care what their opinion is anyway...

It's just good manners Bonzi, especially if people are making comments in a negative fashion about peoples' children.

I think certain things should be unacceptable, and negative comments about peoples' children, spouses, siblings and In-Law's are just not good manners.

I also add making fun of family members who've committed suicide is totally bottom of the barrel scraping stuff....that's bottom feeder level and exceptionally cruel.

I won't do it to others, I'm just saying how I feel personally about it on my end.
I agree with your last comment, but had no knowledge. People can choose to believe or not, but no one except for 2 people on here have bothered to discuss this with me in detail. Which is fine. But, I'm not going to admit to something that is just not true. I had no idea.

Well, you know Bonzi, it's a bit confusing how someone can make such a personal comment without having any knowledge.

Understood but I had been talking all day about taking my own life - and how I was crazy etc. I don't deny it looks bad, but, A&D does not like me, no one has EVER said a bad thing about her, and I avoid talking to or about her. All I can say is I didn't know. But I do agree it looks bad.... particularly in hind sight.

Unfortunately, I can not UNSAY what I said.

The only thing I can and have done is sincerely apologize. If not accepted, then, so be it.

I'm just saying, certain things shouldn't be acceptable, family members is one and the whole issue of suicide is another, meaning even if someone themselves has commented that they've attempted suicide or are suicidal.

Suicide is a very serious issue and a devastating situation for all involved, it's not a subject to joke about or a subject to thrown in someone's face either during an argument or for some other random reason.

Edited for spelling error.

Last edited:
I never cared if people said stuff about my family.
Cause people here don't know my family, and I don't care what their opinion is anyway...

It's just good manners Bonzi, especially if people are making comments in a negative fashion about peoples' children.

I think certain things should be unacceptable, and negative comments about peoples' children, spouses, siblings and In-Law's are just not good manners.

I also add making fun of family members who've committed suicide is totally bottom of the barrel scraping stuff....that's bottom feeder level and exceptionally cruel.

I won't do it to others, I'm just saying how I feel personally about it on my end.
I agree with your last comment, but had no knowledge. People can choose to believe or not, but no one except for 2 people on here have bothered to discuss this with me in detail. Which is fine. But, I'm not going to admit to something that is just not true. I had no idea.

Well, you know Bonzi, it's a bit confusing how someone can make such a personal comment without having any knowledge.

Understood but I had been talking all day about taking my own life - and how I was crazy etc. I don't deny it looks bad, but, A&D does not like me, no one has EVER said a bad thing about her, and I avoid talking to or about her. All I can say is I didn't know. But I do agree it looks bad.... particularly in hind sight.

The only thing I can and have done is sincerely apologize. If not accepted, then, so be it.

I'm just saying, certain things shouldn't be acceptable, family members is one and the whole issue of suicide is another, meaning even if someone themselves has commented that they've attempted suicide or are suicidal.

Suicide is a very serious issue and a devastating situation for all involved, it's not a subject to joke about or a subject to throw in someone's face either during an argument or for some random reason.

I agree 100%
I've had people tell me to stop talking about suicide and just do it.

If it was done purposefully, then that is pretty low blow, but it is not impossible that it was a coincidence.

Suicide is a very serious issue and a devastating situation for all involved, it's not a subject to joke about or a subject to throw in someone's face either during an argument or for some random reason.

I agree 100%

What people said that? People in the flamer zone? Well, what do you expect? Something else?

I agree 100%

Well this is what I mean, the whole subject of suicide should be treated very carefully, and people telling suicidal people to "just do it", this is completely bottom feeder level.

If it was done purposefully, then that is pretty low blow, but it is not impossible that it was a coincidence.

I agree 100%

What people said that? People in the flamer zone? Well, what do you expect? Something else?
It's there for ALL to read...she ate a ban for it, knew why that ban was issued, AND came back lying saying 'she didn't know'.
She plain as day said that I was a special kind of crazy that drove my second husband to kill himself and then said that she wasn't at the level yet where hers would do so.

I don't think the rule about this is all that clear.

Let's solve the original question and not screw up this thread with all the other "current gripes"..
So what is it that folks don't understand?? From the Mini-Rules at USMB....

• No Direct or implied threats of violence/harm towards another member, or members family and/or threats with the intent of interfering in or disrupting a member's life.
  • No Attacks on family members.
Did anyone ever see an escape clause that says if you MENTION family in any way or disclose facts about family that SUDDENLY --- that mentioned family is FAIR TARGET for abuse??? no -- you didn't..

OTH -- if a poster discloses PERSONAL information on USMB -- the mere mention of that information in any CIVIL way is not a "threat" or "an attack".. Similarly, a mere mention of "worrying about the children" is NOT specific enough to be considered an attack or threat.

We don't deal in "micro-agressions" here. We use the traditional definitions of THREAT and/or ATTACK..

We've clarified this WAAAAY too many times. And nobody should be surprised how any moderator acts on these rules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back