Talking to the Taliban now?

Gurdari

Egaliterra
Feb 2, 2007
the West
Seems like the direction is now toward diplomacy.

What kind of message does that send?

NATO will attack until you fight back really hard... then we'll use diplomacy?

What sort of savages would do things like that, clearly in reverse order to common sense?

Seems like the direction is now toward diplomacy.

What kind of message does that send?

NATO will attack until you fight back really hard... then we'll use diplomacy?

What sort of savages would do things like that, clearly in reverse order to common sense?

We have a much better bargaining position now.

Make no mistake about it. The warlords run Afghanistain.

Most warlords are symphathetic to the Taliban.

Because when the U.S. and NATO leave the country.

The Taliban will still be there.

Well---there's always wiping out the poppies.

Ha! But the Taliban did that before, and I assume if they were to rule again the poppies would be gone again.

Even if we threatened destruction of their farmland, which I think is a war crime - we really have no cards to play.

Ha! But the Taliban did that before, and I assume if they were to rule again the poppies would be gone again.

Even if we threatened destruction of their farmland, which I think is a war crime - we really have no cards to play.

no worries--everything is going to change.

So, another NATO airstrike and another bunch of dead innocent people.
We are creating ideal conditions for violent retribution. Which seems counter to any 'war on terrorism'. If in fact such a thing exists.

Gurdari

This is a personal question so I want you to feel absolutely free to ignore it.

Are you an Indian immigrant living in North America?

José;885293 said:
Gurdari

This is a personal question so I want you to feel absolutely free to ignore it.

Are you an Indian immigrant living in North America?

I don't mind any questions! However, I don't trust everyone to separate what is said from who is saying it... meaning in a debate about Legalizing marijuana for example, asking if the person debating is a 'user' hurts the discussion by letting the less logical among us focus on 'the man' rather than the 'argument' - I always go on about ad hominem!

As for your question: No.
(but of course you can't know that - I could be a swedish bikini team taking turns typing...)

Forum List

Back