Talking to God?...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.businessweek.com/print/bwdaily/dnflash/mar2003/nf2003037_4103_db056.htm?gb>Bush, the Bible, and Iraq</a></h1></center>

By Stan Crock

<blockquote>What scares so many people outside the U.S. is the President's religious, apocalyptic rhetoric. Is he really ready for Armageddon? Not likely
Two reasons have surfaced for the deep divisions over Iraq that have created a political chasm between the U.S. and allies such as France, Germany, and Russia. One is that other nations oppose what they see as an unprovoked war. The second is that they view the threat Baghdad poses to the world as far less ominous than the one the Bush Administration imagines.

A third factor is also at work, though: religious rhetoric, perhaps even fervor, which divides the President and many of those who voted for him from leading thinkers abroad, including those in some Western democracies. As European nations become more secular, they're increasingly suspicious of a country with a born-again Christian President, whose political base includes the majority of non-Arab fundamentalists in the U.S. British playwright Harold Pinter spotlighted this suspicion when he recently called Bush "a hired Christian thug."

Iraq plays into these concerns like no other issue. One reason is that fundamentalist Christian doctrine envisions a horrific conflict, the Biblical Armageddon, as the way to hasten the return of Jesus and the Millennium -- not the 21st century, but a thousand years of enlightenment that Jesus will return to preside over, according to the Good Book. And guess where Armageddon is supposed to take place.</blockquote>

This ain't "<i>The Blues Brothers</i>", it's the real world, with real consequences...And Dubbyuh's on a mission from god. Which one though, I'm not quite sure. He claims Christ a role model, but I don't think, from what I've read of Christian theology, that Christ would not condone Dubbyuh's actions, and would probably be pretty pissed about a smirking little hypocrite like Dubbyuh claiming him as a role model. Besides, God and I had a long talk this morning, and She told me that She has nothing to say to Dubbyuh...Says he's too mentally unstable. ;)

Originally posted by jimnyc
Stan Crock has a history of writing, well, writing a crock of shit.

Don't forget. All the opposed eurolibs were in on the Iraq Oil For Food program corruption.

Any unbiased article would have mentioned this.

This is a load.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
This ain't "<i>The Blues Brothers</i>", it's the real world, with real consequences...And Dubbyuh's on a mission from god. Which one though, I'm not quite sure. He claims Christ a role model, but I don't think, from what I've read of Christian theology, that Christ would not condone Dubbyuh's actions, and would probably be pretty pissed about a smirking little hypocrite like Dubbyuh claiming him as a role model. Besides, God and I had a long talk this morning, and She told me that She has nothing to say to Dubbyuh...Says he's too mentally unstable. ;) [/B]

Well well well...

First, I'm not sure which of Bush's actions you think God would have a problem with. Is it defending the country from terrorism? Is it acting on intellegence to rid the workd of an evil dictator? Is it allowing people to keep more of their hard-earned money?
Second, since when did you start believing in God, let alone start talking to Him?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Also, Armageddon should only be scary if you're a sinner.

Armagedon isn't an issue for me. It's some half-baked little peckerwood like Dubbyuh triggering another world war because he think's he's God's messenger.

<center>Some Ideas Dubbyuh and Osama Share</center>

<blockquote>I am at war against the enemy

All who oppose me are evil

I will have others fight and die in my war

It matters not that many civilians will die as a result of my war

My actions are directed by God

My God is the real God

Working out our differences in a non-violent matter is not an option

I will take vengeance against nations that do not support my war

There is only one way in life and that way is my way

I will gain support for my war by making people fear my enemy

I will convince the people that it is
honorable to die for my cause.

The law of the land matters not to me

I am the enemy and my followers don’t seem to understand</blockquote>

My God is the real God

I am the enemy and my followers don’t seem to understand....blah blah blah blah blah blah....

Anyone else hear that?

My God is the real God

I am the enemy and my followers don’t seem to understand</blockquote>

Bracing for the site's backlash to this post.:cool:
I agree with Bush being a bit of a religious fanatic.
Seperation of Church and State, damn it!

Actually the only point of George's belief that matters to me is the following:

1. He calls himself a Christian.
2. He claims Christians and muslims worship the same God.
3. He leads our nation against terrorism
4. The terrorism he is fighting is rooted in Islam.

THERE is MY problem with him.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Actually the only point of George's belief that matters to me is the following:

1. He calls himself a Christian.
2. He claims Christians and muslims worship the same God.
3. He leads our nation against terrorism
4. The terrorism he is fighting is rooted in Islam.

THERE is MY problem with him.

The terrorism he is fighting is rooted in evil, not Islam.

Originally posted by nycflasher
The terrorism he is fighting is rooted in evil, not Islam.

:p:

Ok, the religious affiliation he is fighting inside of that evil is Islam, as the middle east is predominantly islamic, and the people we have seen affiliated with the attacks are ONLY islamic.

The palistinians who are launching suicide attacks are islamic, and the 9/11 terrorists were islamic.

Islam promotes, teaches and encourages terrorism, so there is only one thing to conclude:

You are right. The terrorism we are fighting IS rooted in evil. -and fueld by islam in more than the overwhelming majority of the cases. As such, this war is against the faith of islam as FAITH is the driving force behined ANYTHNG even if your faith is in money or politics.

Therefore, until these guys choose another religion to attribute their "successes", then we are fighting islam. -Pure and simple.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Yeah, I can see were you would think that Islam & terrorism have absolutely no connection!:rolleyes:

Speaking of Evil, you heard me call?:p:
Maybe I misspoke, but I don't think so. Obviously, Islam and the terrorism going on today are "connected". I am just suggesting that just because some "evil" bastard blows something up and quotes the Quaran(sp?) or uses it as the basis for his destruction... doesn't make Islam the basis of his terrorism.

I mean, Christianity was the basis for the Crusades/Inquisition but I don't hear people condemning Christianity on a whole.

I see religion as innocent until it is used by some to justify murder, etc.

But I see your point, hard to say what I said I guess without a legthy explanation, because quite clearly they are all related...

Originally posted by nycflasher

I mean, Christianity was the basis for the Crusades/Inquisition but I don't hear people condemning Christianity on a whole.

The big misunderstanding here is that catholocism CLEARLY is not Christianity.

You can thank the liberal history books in the public school system for fouling that one up.

My faith was gone after by those catholic crusading jokers as well, you know.

Driving Palestinians, and others out of the Holy Land was noble, in principle.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
I hear what you are saying flasher, just thought you may of been one of those Islamic backers for a minute!:D

I don't condemn people for their religion.
I condemn them for murder.

Originally posted by NewGuy
The big misunderstanding here is that catholocism CLEARLY is not Christianity.

You can thank the liberal history books in the public school system for fouling that one up.

My faith was gone after by those catholic crusading jokers as well, you know.

Sorry, long day, substitute Catholicism for Christianity there.

My point remains the same. It took hundreds(or more) of child-molesting priests to call attention to the indiscressions of the Catholic church.

Forum List

Back