Talking Points.

Total Posts: 32,450
Posts Per Day: 39.73
Find all posts by WillowTree

:lol:

You have to be derranged to accuse one side of "Talking points" while ignoring the other. FOX News actually has emails leaked, of issuing talking points. That makes this thread as disengenuous as a thread can be. Both sides talk out of their "leadership's" anus. If you disagree: you are dumb.

Please post the emails.

Last edited:
From: Sammon, Bill ( Fox News' Washington managing editor)
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:23 AM
To: 054 -FNSunday; 169 -SPECIAL REPORT; 069 -Politics; 030 -Root (FoxNews.Com); 036 -FOX.WHU; 050 -Senior Producers; 051 -Producers
Subject: friendly reminder: let's not slip back into calling it the "public option"

1) Please use the term "government-run health insurance" or, when brevity is a concern, "government option," whenever possible.

2) When it is necessary to use the term "public option" (which is, after all, firmly ensconced in the nation's lexicon), use the qualifier "so-called," as in "the so-called public option."

3) Here's another way to phrase it: "The public option, which is the government-run plan."

4) When newsmakers and sources use the term "public option" in our stories, there's not a lot we can do about it, since quotes are of course sacrosanct.

From: Clemente, Michael (Fox's senior vice president for news)
To: Sammon, Bill; 054 -FNSunday; 169 -SPECIAL REPORT; 069 -Politics; 030 -Root (FoxNews.Com); 036 -FOX.WHU; 050 -Senior Producers; 051 -Producers
Sent: Tue Oct 27 08:45:29 2009
Subject: RE: friendly reminder: let's not slip back into calling it the "public option"

Thank you Bill

#3 on your list is the preferred way to say it, write it, use it.

Michael Clemente

SVP-News

212.XXX.XXXX

Does this directive tend to better define or to hide the actual definition of the idea being discussed?

You're a corny geek. Dip, duck, dodge from reality. /life

Loser! I'm sorry but you lose. or is it FAIL?

When I make a thread geeking-out about one side following talking points, whilst ignoring the other, then I fail. Then, I'm a loser.

Right now?

I'm standing above you, with a foot on your fucking chest, Hollaring like Rocky Balboa that your thread = hack thread. You're a daily failure, and with that a yearly failure, and with that a life-long failure. Chalk it up to being a one-sided political loser, with no Social life. :lol:

drinking mushrooms izzz ya? Fantasyland.

From: Sammon, Bill ( Fox News' Washington managing editor)
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:23 AM
To: 054 -FNSunday; 169 -SPECIAL REPORT; 069 -Politics; 030 -Root (FoxNews.Com); 036 -FOX.WHU; 050 -Senior Producers; 051 -Producers
Subject: friendly reminder: let's not slip back into calling it the "public option"

1) Please use the term "government-run health insurance" or, when brevity is a concern, "government option," whenever possible.

2) When it is necessary to use the term "public option" (which is, after all, firmly ensconced in the nation's lexicon), use the qualifier "so-called," as in "the so-called public option."

3) Here's another way to phrase it: "The public option, which is the government-run plan."

4) When newsmakers and sources use the term "public option" in our stories, there's not a lot we can do about it, since quotes are of course sacrosanct.

From: Clemente, Michael (Fox's senior vice president for news)
To: Sammon, Bill; 054 -FNSunday; 169 -SPECIAL REPORT; 069 -Politics; 030 -Root (FoxNews.Com); 036 -FOX.WHU; 050 -Senior Producers; 051 -Producers
Sent: Tue Oct 27 08:45:29 2009
Subject: RE: friendly reminder: let's not slip back into calling it the "public option"

Thank you Bill

#3 on your list is the preferred way to say it, write it, use it.

Michael Clemente

SVP-News

212.XXX.XXXX

Does this directive tend to better define or to hide the actual definition of the idea being discussed?

It clearly better defines it. When polled, the US was more accepting of the phrase Public Option, and less of the phrase Government Option, and with FOX News as a Media outlet wishing to defeat Health-Care, they issued memos like these.

And I'm under no dilusion that MSNBC doesn't do it, also.

Just, ridiculing one side and not the other is a hack-move, all day. Hacks are lame.

Last edited:
Loser! I'm sorry but you lose. or is it FAIL?

When I make a thread geeking-out about one side following talking points, whilst ignoring the other, then I fail. Then, I'm a loser.

Right now?

I'm standing above you, with a foot on your fucking chest, Hollaring like Rocky Balboa that your thread = hack thread. You're a daily failure, and with that a yearly failure, and with that a life-long failure. Chalk it up to being a one-sided political loser, with no Social life. :lol:

drinking mushrooms izzz ya? Fantasyland.

They're generally smoked or eaten. But no, Never tried them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4hqiQpmZTM&feature=channel[/ame]

poor old wienie

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWWEgv63qJ8[/ame]

poor old bernie

Last edited:
What do you mean that people keep saying that Republicans are holding Americans hostage?

I haven't heard anyone say that Republicans are holding Americans hostage.

But if someone did say that Republicans are holding Americans hostage, maybe it's because they feel that they are a hostage in America being held by Republicans.

I don't personally feel that the Republicans are holding Americans hostage or feel that I am an American hostage being held in America by American Republicans...but I'm sure that some people do feel that [Republicans are holding Americans hostage].

What do you mean that people keep saying that Republicans are holding Americans hostage?

But if someone did say that Republicans are holding Americans hostage, maybe it's because they feel that they are a hostage in America being held by Republicans.

I don't personally feel that the Republicans are holding Americans hostage or feel that I am an American hostage being held in America by American Republicans...but I'm sure that some people do feel that [Republicans are holding Americans hostage].

i love this guy

i love this guy

The deaf one? I love him too.

i love this guy

Larry King love me too.

i will larry king love you, also, in his next interview. thumbs up!~

You have to be derranged to accuse one side of "Talking points" while ignoring the other. FOX News actually has emails leaked, of issuing talking points. That makes this thread as disengenuous as a thread can be. Both sides talk out of their "leadership's" anus. If you disagree: you are dumb.

Please post the emails.

That was done, already. http://www.usmessageboard.com/3074625-post7.html

Thank you. I should have read ahead.

I'll admit that I become annoyed by the Sweetness and Light names given to Bills and programs. The Dream Act? Give me a break! Compassionate Conservative? What did that even mean?

It seems obvious that the Public Option is one of these misdirects. Allowing politically crafted titles that mean one thing to be unchallenged while the actual things that are represented mean something else completely is journalistically lazy.

Can a reporter say that "The Final Solution" was actually the plan to exterminate an entire segment of society without entering into commentary during reporting? I think that it's needed in many instances. It is a practice repleat with problems from an ethical stand point, though.

Gingrich proposed a program to co-exist with another predicting that the new one would be the more popular choice and that the old one would simply "whither on the vine". The Democrat spokespeople plucked that phrase as his plan to end it without a better substitute and the reporters did not offer clarification of this.

Is this good reporting? Is allowing the deliberate misrepresentation by a speaker of a thing to go unchallenged when the speaker is both mischeivous and biased a good thing?

I don't see the memo by FOX as being a bad thing any more than demanding that their on-air talent use correct pronounciation would be such. Accuracy is not truth and truth is not always accurate. Presenting information is as much art as science and not being the tool of the mind benders is a good place to start in presenting it.

Forum List

Back