Talkfest 10': who really tried to compromise

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
who was truly bipartisan? who truly tried to compromise. who did compromise? i saw bits and parts and i didn't see any compromise on the dem side or from obama. i only saw like one minute of the repubs, so i have no idea about them.

it looked impressive though. i wouldn't mind seeing more of that on live television in the house and senate. with obama moderating, he was able to interrupt everyone (someone said mostly repubs) despite him saying he doesn't want to interrupt.

thoughts on how this went down?

LoweC20100224.jpg

Republican turns down White House summit invite

so no compromise...

was obama fair and open to ideas? or did he just interrupt repubs all day and let the dems go on...? the bits i saw, obama looked like a leader, save for the two interruptions i saw and then i saw a clip of him bashing mccain today about how they aren't campaigning anymore, and the idiot mccain laughed and said, i'm reminded daily....

he should have said, really, i didn't realize you were aware of that mr. president :lol:

"Obama strongly suggested that Democrats will try to pass a sweeping overhaul without GOP support, by using controversial Senate budget rules that would disallow filibusters. And then, he said, this fall's elections would write the verdict on who was right."

Oh please go ahead and do it. November will be so great.......

The president cast health care as "one of the biggest drags on our economy,"

And so he wants to spend more money we don't have.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100225/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul

There was never any plan from either side to compromise. Everyone knew that Obama would only accept what he wanted from the get go.

Basically the Republicans repeated the same speech over and over again: "Scrap the current bill because it's too long for us to read and we'll debate for another year" Not the kind of bipartisanship Obama hoped to get out of the meeting.
Now we know all the points that are disagreed upon and agreed upon. That's about it.

Basically the Republicans repeated the same speech over and over again: "Scrap the current bill because it's too long for us to read and we'll debate for another year" Not the kind of bipartisanship Obama hoped to get out of the meeting.
Now we know all the points that are disagreed upon and agreed upon. That's about it.

Yeah what a massive waste of oxygen

What makes you so certain that was in fact the desired outcome? :eusa_eh:

ok...what did the dems offer that was different, what speeches did they give that were different, what about obama? how did they offer bipartisanship?

nothing was actually accomplished in this meeting, I listened to it all, and watched most of it.
The only thing it did accomplish was to provide political cover for the democrats and political capital for the republicans.

theater, like dude said.

It was apparent that Obama wanted to take back control, or at least, wipe the egg off his face.

Obama is a massive loser but he will not admit it, he does not care or concern himself with what Americans think or want

Last edited:

It was apparent that Obama wanted to take back control, or at least, wipe the egg off his face.

Obama is a massive loser but he will not admit it
It didn't help Barry from what i saw.

Normally I try to be Centrist, but I swear...watching Obama spank the Dems was :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Even if you parrot the Republican talking point that it was Kabuki Theater...

Obama's the better actor...and Cantor sounded like a re-re

Forum List

Back