'Talk to neighbors, spread the facts' on health care, says Obama

ourresolve

Rookie
Aug 20, 2009
Story Highlights

Obama spoke to religious leaders and reporters on a conference call
Asked people to "talk to neighbors, spread the facts and speak the truth"
"That is just an extraordinary lie," Obama said of "death panel" rumor

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama appealed Wednesday to faith-based groups to help garner support for his plan to overhaul the nation's health care system.

www cnn com/2009/POLITICS/08/19/obama.health.care/index.html

"This debate over health care goes to the heart of who we are as a people," he said. "I believe that nobody in America should be denied basic health care because he or she lacks health insurance."

I thought this was interesting considering that nobody in America is denied basic health care because he or she lacks health insurance. The health care American needs is preventive care including basic checkups and blood tests in diagnosing early health concerns before they become so severe that the only treatment is hospitalization.

I also find it interesting that the majority of those in charge of creating this health care plan have never once in their life been without health care nor have had to pay out of pocket for their child to go a doctor because they were ill. It is hard to imagine that the those who have never been without making policy for those who have or are currently. Simply because one is educated does not make one intelligent or worldly.

Millionaires are making policy that that in the end will not benefit the everyday user but will cost us a fortune. I would love to see our country with universal healthcare but not this way, not like this. Not where politicians orchestrate deals with insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies and hospital chains and where pork is guaranteed behind closed doors with a vote for rather than against.

This is not politics. Or I should say this should not be politics. We are talking about peoples lives. American lives. We are compounding to the problem that currently exists.

We need to contain health care costs including insurance costs so that the everyday Americans can afford health care for their family. Nobody really wants to be a millionaire. What they want is the security and benefits that derive from being a millionaire. We need to offer this to them. We need to look past the politics that is rolling this health care issue and give Americans what they deserve. A better government without the politics. Run by the people for the people.

Thank you and good luck.
www ourresolve com

Last edited:
Is he referring to the neighbors who's mortgage he has me paying for?

Those neighbors?

Sorry...they cant hear me.,...they have their 52" flat screen on too loud.

I believe we are going to be paying for those default mortgages for quite some time. The 1 trillion dollars allocated will eventually balloon. This is a federal program that was not well thought out and has not had the impact the government wished. Unemployment has risen and companies have been going out of business. Rather than creating more schools, hiring more teachers the government decided that the best way to spend money is too try make sure that those financial sectors that were part of the cause of the problem remain open to continue to be part of the problem. That is not to say that the government did not have its hand in the problem as well.

www nytimes com/1999/09/30/business/fannie-mae-eases-credit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html

Thank you and good luck.
www ourresolve com

Last edited:
I also find it interesting that the majority of those in charge of creating this health care plan have never once in their life been without health care nor have had to pay out of pocket for their child to go a doctor because they were ill. It is hard to imagine that the those who have never been without making policy for those who have or are currently. Simply because one is educated does not make one intelligent or worldly.

Millionaires are making policy that that in the end will not benefit the everyday user but will cost us a fortune.
I would love to see our country with universal healthcare but not this way, not like this.
In other words, the rich are stupid. Interesting. I'll have to bookmark that one. :lol:

Forum List

Back