Talk About Your Dilemas! Muslim Wants To Gay Bash In US

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
What to do on the PC front?

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=16887_Profiling_in_the_UK&only
University Rebukes Gay-Bashing Muslim Employee

Political correctness collides head-on with hard-line Islam at a New Jersey university. Pandemonium ensues. (Hat tip: cimom.)

A state university in New Jersey has reprimanded a student-employee for describing homosexuality as a “perversion” in a private e-mail that he sent a female professor, after she sent him an unsolicited announcement about a university event that promoted lesbian relationships.

But Jihad Daniel, 63, who works for William Paterson University repairing computer hardware and takes graduate-level courses part time, said he was only expressing his Muslim religious beliefs when he responded to professor Arlene Holpp Scala, head of the university’s women’s studies department.

Mr. Daniel wants a letter of reprimand from the university’s president removed from his permanent employee file. The letter says he violated state discrimination and harassment regulations for using the term “perversion.”

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE), a nonprofit group based in Philadelphia that is assisting Mr. Daniel in his fight with the university, calls the action taken against him “absurd” and an infringement of his free-speech rights. “William Paterson University is knowingly disregarding the U.S. Constitution. No one here was ‘harassed’ or ‘threatened,’ as defined by the law. The university simply strongly disliked a student’s point of view,” said Greg Lukianoff, FIRE’s director of legal and public advocacy.

Mr. Daniel received an e-mail from Miss Scala on March 7 advertising an upcoming viewing and discussion of the film “Ruthie and Connie: Every Room in the House.” The e-mail referred to the film as a “lesbian relationship story.”

Mr. Daniel replied to the professor the next day asking that he not be sent “any mail about ‘Connie and Sally’... and ‘Adam and Steve.’?”

“These are perversions,” Mr. Daniel wrote. “The absence of God in higher education brings on confusion. That is why in these classes the creator of the heavens and the universe is never mentioned.”

:laugh: So who loses? Wins? :teeth:

GunnyL said:
I feel it is only fitting the the ACLU represent both sides in court. :dev3:

Ya got to admit, it is a conundrum.

GunnyL said:
I love it. Now we can find out whose bullshit they support most. :mm:
Any way one looks at it, entertainment abounds! :laugh:

I can imagine that if he sent email with negative comments about Christianity, people like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell would be calling for his suspension. Anyway, in my opinion, this is a simple free-speech issue and the student should not be punished - no matter how revolting his comment may have been.

GunnyL said:
I feel it is only fitting the the ACLU represent both sides in court. :dev3:

LOL

The ACLU liberals would side with the university, not the Muslim student/employee. Besides the guy being small potatoes, their communist agenda would oppose any religion when push comes to shove. To them Islam - much like the gay lobby - is just another useful tool in their attack on freedom and democracy. Both would be dismissed when not needed anymore.

This incident certainly showcases the liberal disdain for free speech and how much of a chokehold the :gay: lobby has on our universities. Religion and the free expression thereof does not stand a chance...but don't forget to bring your Koran to humanities class. (Mr. Daniel is right about the confusion.)

Forum List

Back