Talk about a witch....

Unless the teacher failed to allow the child to use the facilities, the parents have a problem that should have been addressed with the school at the beginning of the year. Even first graders are assumed to be toilet trained. Duh!

Since we do not know the circumstances, I'm not about to pass judgement. Let's put it this way, when a kid says, "I'm bleeding." I reply, "Get out of my room, get a band aid. Go to the office, don't bleed near or on me!"

Kathianne said:
Unless the teacher failed to allow the child to use the facilities, the parents have a problem that should have been addressed with the school at the beginning of the year. Even first graders are assumed to be toilet trained. Duh!

Since we do not know the circumstances, I'm not about to pass judgement. Let's put it this way, when a kid says, "I'm bleeding." I reply, "Get out of my room, get a band aid. Go to the office, don't bleed near or on me!"

It seems kind of mean IMO to do to a first grader. I wonder if he is afraid of school or something.I still think it was a mean thing to do to the child though. He had to be embarrassed and scared. I had a teach in 2nd grade who wouldn't let this kid go to the bathroom and he went #2 in his pants!!!!

krisy said:
It seems kind of mean IMO to do to a first grader. I wonder if he is afraid of school or something.I still think it was a mean thing to do to the child though. He had to be embarrassed and scared. I had a teach in 2nd grade who wouldn't let this kid go to the bathroom and he went #2 in his pants!!!!

I don't think a teacher should stop/prevent a child from going to bathroom. Now I teach middle schoolers/ 11-14 year olds. I may not allow 'immediately' but am fully aware that when I'm done talking of who asked. If they are looking at me like, "Are you done, dammit?" I tell them to go. Now, in lower grades, teachers there are mostly saints, I wouldn't wait. Do you parents realize that your kid's bodily fluids are being shared with the teacher and classmates? hmmm. Not me. I have a wall of files, podiums and computers to keep space.

I've watch K-3 grade teachers putting their hands over bleeding sores of children. I love kids, but NO bodily fluids!

Kathianne said:
I don't think a teacher should stop/prevent a child from going to bathroom. Now I teach middle schoolers/ 11-14 year olds. I may not allow 'immediately' but am fully aware that when I'm done talking of who asked. If they are looking at me like, "Are you done, dammit?" I tell them to go. Now, in lower grades, teachers there are mostly saints, I wouldn't wait. Do you parents realize that your kid's bodily fluids are being shared with the teacher and classmates? hmmm. Not me. I have a wall of files, podiums and computers to keep space.

I've watch K-3 grade teachers putting their hands over bleeding sores of children. I love kids, but NO bodily fluids!

LOL!!!! Kathianne. I hope none of YOURstudents do this-that could be super messy!!!! Lookn out! :puke3:

Forum List

Back