Talk about a TRUE TRAGEDY

From the OP's link:

About three-quarters of those weren’t eligible for deportation because they were legal immigrants and their criminal records didn’t rise to the level of deportation.

But nearly a quarter could have been deported and weren’t, CRS said. They went on to commit the 19 murders, 3 attempted murders and 142 sex crimes, the Judiciary Committee said.

“The Obama administration could have prevented these senseless crimes by enforcing our immigration laws,” said committee Chairman Lamar Smith, Texas Republican. “But President Obama continues to further his anti-enforcement agenda while innocent Americans suffer the consequences. His unwillingness to enforce immigration laws puts our communities at risk and costs American lives.”

We have immigration laws for a reason. And this administration is thumbing it's nose at Federal Law!

The "real tragedy" is that Americans will cheerfully step over the bodies of DEAD children to talk about the 2nd amendment.

THAT is what we need to talk about because, surely we all agree MY rights end where YOUR nose begins.

No, that tragedy is the result of liberals banning guns. It's no coincidence that this stuff never happens where people are allowed to carry guns. Case in point...

Elderly Man Samuel Williams Shoots Robbers at Internet Cafe | Video | TheBlaze.com

The left is "outraged" about Aurora, Colorado and looking to ban weapons, yet support Obama's policies on this issue...

The Obama administration released illegal immigrants who went on to commit more crimes, including charges of 19 murders, 3 attempted murders and 142 sex crimes, the House Judiciary Committee said in a report Tuesday.

Report cites killings blamed on non-deported illegals - Washington Times

Are we supposed to imprison people for crimes they haven't committed yet?

Except that they DID commit a crime - they entered this country illegally. And then the left let them go free to commit even more crimes. And people died because of it. What a damn shame...
The crime of being illegal is not a "prisonable" crime....FYI

Are we supposed to imprison people for crimes they haven't committed yet?

Except that they DID commit a crime - they entered this country illegally. And then the left let them go free to commit even more crimes. And people died because of it. What a damn shame...
The crime of being illegal is not a "prisonable" crime....FYI

But it is a deportable crime.

But, hey, we don't want to disenfranchise all those Dem voters, do we?

The Cutting Edge News

Florida investigation reveals 180,000 non-citizens may be registered to vote | RedState

Oakland County clerk finds illegal immigrants among voters | News - Home

300+ illegal aliens registered to vote in Bexar County TX

The left is "outraged" about Aurora, Colorado and looking to ban weapons, yet support Obama's policies on this issue...

The Obama administration released illegal immigrants who went on to commit more crimes, including charges of 19 murders, 3 attempted murders and 142 sex crimes, the House Judiciary Committee said in a report Tuesday.

And how many of those illegals were released for actual serious crimes?

The "real tragedy" is that Americans will cheerfully step over the bodies of DEAD children to talk about the 2nd amendment.

THAT is what we need to talk about because, surely we all agree MY rights end where YOUR nose begins.

No, that tragedy is the result of liberals banning guns. It's no coincidence that this stuff never happens where people are allowed to carry guns. Case in point...

Elderly Man Samuel Williams Shoots Robbers at Internet Cafe | Video | TheBlaze.com

Oh, nonsense.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy. This has been proven time and time again.

The rest of the industrialized world is as free as we are, and guess what, they don't have as easy access to guns.

So number of firearms deaths in the G-7 nations?

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

USA - 9369
Germany- 269
Canada 144
Japan - 47
United Kingdom 14

Now, I don't think you can outlaw guns or ban guns, because once you've said people can have something, it's really hard to take it away from them. (Something the right should ponder when they talk about outlawing abortion after it's been legal for 40 years.)

But making it harder to sell and distribute them and putting in safeguards so crazy people can't buy them, yeah, that's probably a good idea.

Oh, nonsense.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy. This has been proven time and time again.

The rest of the industrialized world is as free as we are, and guess what, they don't have as easy access to guns.

So number of firearms deaths in the G-7 nations?

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

USA - 9369
Germany- 269
Canada 144
Japan - 47
United Kingdom 14

Now, I don't think you can outlaw guns or ban guns, because once you've said people can have something, it's really hard to take it away from them. (Something the right should ponder when they talk about outlawing abortion after it's been legal for 40 years.)

But making it harder to sell and distribute them and putting in safeguards so crazy people can't buy them, yeah, that's probably a good idea.

Those other countries didn't create a subculture... Take the Chicago types out of the equation and compare population numbers for better results.

Kellerman's study was flawed.

GunCite - Gun Control Web Site: A Gun in the Home

Okay, I know you really need to believe that. But do a "Study" of your own.

Being honest here. How many of your neighbors do you know of who have shot a bad guy. My guess is zero. Edited. No one I know of ever had this happen to.

Now, how many times have you heard about a neighbor or a friend or something who was either killed in a domestic argument, or killed themselves? I know of at least TWO incidents involving people I know. One was my next door neighbor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those other countries didn't create a subculture... Take the Chicago types out of the equation and compare population numbers for better results.

What Chicago Types are those? People who live in big cities? Minorities? Gang members?

Guess what, all those industrialized nations have the same problems we do.

What they don't have is the ability of any asshole to get a hold of a gun.

Kellerman's study was flawed.

GunCite - Gun Control Web Site: A Gun in the Home

Being honest here. How many of your neighbors do you know of who have shot a bad guy. My guess is zero. No one I know of ever had this happen to.

Now, how many times have you heard about a neighbor or a friend or something who was either killed in a domestic argument, or killed themselves? I know of at least TWO incidents involving people I know. One was my next door neighbor.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

Being honest here. How many of your neighbors do you know of who have shot a bad guy. My guess is zero. No one I know of ever had this happen to.

Get enough anecdotes together and they make up statistics. Which is EXACTLY what Kellerman did.

Now the lame Gun Fetishist counterargument is that Kellerman didn't count all the times that a gun scared away a bad guy. WHich I guess is true. But it didn't count all the times a domestic abuser threatened his family with a gun, or a depressed person considered shooting himself but put the gun away.

But when you hear a Gun Fetishist cry about how Kellerman has been debunked, what they are realy saying is "Waaaaahhhhh, I don't want it to be true!"

The reality is, most bad guys who broke into a home do it when no one is home or when they think no one is home.

All told, 16 percent of the nearly 47,000 illegal immigrants the administration was notified of but declined to deport between 2008 and 2011 under its Secure Communities program have gone on to be charged with other crimes, the committee said.

Seems that Bush is guilty also.

I'm sure he was (hint: GWB is not considered to be one of the top 5 greatest presidents and conservatives don't worship him). He's not the best choice you could make when trying to throw someone in our face with an "oh yeah, we'll take this" statement... :lol:

I see that you don't ubderstand what is written. The report is from 2008-2010 which means this report includes the last year of Bush,he to then is culpable just as you claim Obama is.

The President has said he would not pursue an assalt weapons ban.

Youre not telling the truth.

Um, where did I say Obama was looking to ban guns? I said the LEFT and that is a FACT that can be found on tv, radio, newspapers, and right here on USMB. Please get the facts straight about what I said before falsely accusing me of something.

That is what happens when you make a statement which does not support itself with the logical conclusion of proving a true statement.

Get enough anecdotes together and they make up statistics. Which is EXACTLY what Kellerman did.

Now the lame Gun Fetishist counterargument is that Kellerman didn't count all the times that a gun scared away a bad guy. WHich I guess is true. But it didn't count all the times a domestic abuser threatened his family with a gun, or a depressed person considered shooting himself but put the gun away.

But when you hear a Gun Fetishist cry about how Kellerman has been debunked, what they are realy saying is "Waaaaahhhhh, I don't want it to be true!"

The reality is, most bad guys who broke into a home do it when no one is home or when they think no one is home.
If that lets you live with your contention that innocent, law-abiding people should not be allowed to protect themselves.

If that lets you live with your contention that innocent, law-abiding people should not be allowed to protect themselves.

Actually, home protection is kind of like home dentistry... most of you aren't competent to do it.

Here's the thing, I don't think banning guns at this point would be practical. We have too many out there and people are too used to having them.

But putting laws into place so crazy people like Holmes and Loughner can't get them so easily.. yeah, that we ought to do.

The two reasons you Fetishists give for wanting a gun are kind of silly.

A gun in the home is more a danger to you than a bad guy is. Kellerman proved this, as does any examination from even your own life, as I've shown.

The other reason you give, so some day you can overthrow the gummit, is equally silly. The "gummit" willl always have more guns, better guns and when they do come for you, it's because your neighbors wanted them to take you out. You were frightening their children.

Actually, home protection is kind of like home dentistry... most of you aren't competent to do it.

This is one of the most outrageously false statements ever posted on USMB. There have been countless situations where women and even children have picked up a firearm in the home and defended their family from harm.

The fact is, home defense is not like urban combat or guerrilla warfare. You're not engaging targets from 200 yards. The shots are in hallways and doorways with no where to move out of the line of fire and at point blank range. And that is why there have been volumes of cases where even women and children have stopped an intruder with deadly force despite having little or no training.

Here's the thing, I don't think banning guns at this point would be practical. We have too many out there and people are too used to having them.

But putting laws into place so crazy people like Holmes and Loughner can't get them so easily.. yeah, that we ought to do.

The two reasons you Fetishists give for wanting a gun are kind of silly.

A gun in the home is more a danger to you than a bad guy is. Kellerman proved this, as does any examination from even your own life, as I've shown.

The other reason you give, so some day you can overthrow the gummit, is equally silly. The "gummit" willl always have more guns, better guns and when they do come for you, it's because your neighbors wanted them to take you out. You were frightening their children.

Joe, once again lying to strengthen your position.

Kellerman debunked...........

Kellerman Debunked!

Forum List

Back