Talk About A Divided Country

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
This actually suprised me. To see sports divided by frigging political lines. What a fine kettle of fish we have fallen into.

One of Brian McNamee's lawyers predicted Roger Clemens will be pardoned by President Bush, saying some Republicans treated his client harshly because of the pitcher's friendship with the Bush family.

Lawyer Richard Emery made the claims Thursday, a day after a congressional hearing broke down along party lines. Many Democrats were skeptical of Clemens' denials he used performance-enhancing drugs and Republicans questioned the character of McNamee, the personal trainer who made the accusations against the seven-time Cy Young Award winner.

If he used them, kick him out. If he didn't clear his name. I don't follow sports that much, but some of the articles are saying that a good 50% of our sports stars probably used some kind of performance enhancing drugs.:sad:

This actually suprised me. To see sports divided by frigging political lines. What a fine kettle of fish we have fallen into.

If he used them, kick him out. If he didn't clear his name. I don't follow sports that much, but some of the articles are saying that a good 50% of our sports stars probably used some kind of performance enhancing drugs.:sad:

And of course the Democrats are the right ones?

And of course the Democrats are the right ones?

No Gunny, they are the ones on the left.

You really have a frigging chip on your shoulder. Is officers you hate, progresssives or both?

I don't believe I sided with either one. Get a life, my friend.

Clemens started down that road that every child caught in a wrong does, 'no sir it wasn't me.' Sad but now he looks foolish like the kid who got caught.

No Gunny, they are the ones on the left.

You really have a frigging chip on your shoulder. Is officers you hate, progresssives or both?

I don't believe I sided with either one. Get a life, my friend.

You have a history here in the short time you have posted, clearly siding with liberals and democrats. Or are you going to now claim your a moderate?

I never said I wasn't a progressive, Gunny. And acutally I am a moderate progressive. It is just hard to recogize that today with the radical extreme right wing adminstration we have in charge.

But that is with politics not sports.

Again, if I didn't say it, don't say I did.

I really don't care if he did drugs or not. As far as I care, legalize them all. You will take away a major source of income for criminals, decrease the cost of our prison system, and if they kill themself on drugs then they won't breed anymore.

It's pretty obvious that Clemens used steroids. I didn't really see a party divide when I watched some of the latest hearing, but I guess if some blogger said so then it must be true.

it would be nice to see some real proof

and IF it can be proven it is a matter for the local authorities in whatever state illegal drug use can be proven

just another example of your tax dollars at waste

steroid use accusations are the new child abuse accusation guilty until proven otherwise and even then still guilty

Forum List

Back