Talibans favorite sport

Are you two sharing the same brain cell today, you make seek to try and paint one worse than the other but both are barbaric. But one can understand your response, as barbarians you cannot see the wood for the trees.

Just to point out that this is not the first time in the history of human kind that large mobs of people have stood and cheered at the deaths of fellow humans,, it's why I much prefer the company of cats and dogs.

Do I need to remind you that this is the year 2009?

It's not I who needs reminding. Try reminding the 12th century tribes of the Taliban..
Your're the one making the moral equivalence argument .

It's not I who needs reminding. Try reminding the 12th century tribes of the Taliban..

you think we are worse than they? move then, to greener grasses,, see if I give a shit! dare ya!

He did not even come close to saying, "we are worse than they". Good grief take another read

I will let him handle this, but good grief

You are the one who brought moral equivelence into the thread , by reminding us of the spanish inquisition. That is irrelevent to the here and now

Last edited:

you think we are worse than they? move then, to greener grasses,, see if I give a shit! dare ya!

He did not even come close to saying, "we are worse than they". Good grief take another read

You are the one who brought moral equililence into my thread , by reminding us of the spanish inquisition. That is irrelevent to the here and now

so how does your ass read "you are the one making the moral equivalent argument." pray tell.

You are the one who brought moral equililence into my thread , by reminding us of the spanish inquisition. That is irrelevent to the here and now

so how does your ass read "you are the one making the moral equivalent argument." pray tell.

He was referring to this post
http://www.usmessageboard.com/afghanistan/82294-talibans-favorite-sport.html#post1352436

He was referring to this post
http://www.usmessageboard.com/afghanistan/82294-talibans-favorite-sport.html#post1352436

He was? :eek: Then perhaps your ass can explain for his ass what the difference is in the behavior of the French, Spanish, and Taliban.. show me some "moral equivancy" whydonchya! :eusa_whistle:

Do I need to remind you that this is the year 2009?

I think the proper term would be "immoral equivelancy".

Would burning people at the stake compare in brutality to beheading?

Weren't you guys real keen on torturing witches?

When you believe in immoral nonsense how is it possible to put any sick idea past you?

Americans love their football and baseball. Europeans, their soccer. Japanese, their sumo wrestling. Canadians, their hockey. But what brings out the crowds in the Muslim world on a bright sunny day? BEHEADINGS.

(NOW WITH NEW AUDIO. LISTEN TO THEM CHEER!)How can you blame just a few extremists from the Taliban and al-Qaeda for this kind of barbarism when you see crowds as large as this one gathering for the sole purpose of watching people cut off other people’s heads in the public square? No, this is NOT Radical Islam, this is Islam. Period. What’s the moral equivalency with the West here, Mr. Obama?

I just witness a partial video, in which I was unable to finish, it was gruesome and disgusting display

The Afghan people got 5 beheadings for the price of one. A good day for the Taliban :evil:

There were thousands of Afghans witnessing and cheering

Islam in it purest form on display, damn them to hell. These afghans were beheaded in the name of Allah, who committed a sin that commanded their heads

You remember a thing called the French Revolution or the Spanish Inquisition?

Although such exaggerations have made “facts” from fiction, there is some truth about abuses that Catholics must admit. Unrepentant men found guilty of heresy were handed over to the State for punishment, even though Church authorities did not always agree with the State’s punishments. We must realize that in handing over the condemned heretic to the secular power, the Church knowingly was handing over the condemned for punishments ranging from imprisonment to burning at the stake. Furthermore, even with all the procedural precautions, there were inquisitors who did not follow the laws of the Church and all too readily handed over a significant number of “heretics” to be burned alive. However, anti-Catholic pamphleteers and historians have grossly exaggerated the numbers, asserting that millions died at the stake. Though the actual numbers are far less (3,000-5,000), these fiery deaths were quite real and regrettable.

snip

Despite these facts, Pope John Paul II warns us:

Yet the consideration of mitigating factors does not exonerate the Church from the obligation to express profound regret for the weaknesses of so many of her sons and daughters who sullied her face, preventing her from fully mirroring the image of her crucified Lord, the supreme witness of patient love and of humble meekness. From these painful moments of the past a lesson can be drawn for the future, leading all Christians to adhere fully to the sublime principle stated by the Council: “The truth cannot impose itself except by virtue of its own truth, as it wins over the mind with both gentleness and power.”2

Far different from breaking Gods laws with mayhem and following allah and committing it.

Last edited:
Americans love their football and baseball. Europeans, their soccer. Japanese, their sumo wrestling. Canadians, their hockey. But what brings out the crowds in the Muslim world on a bright sunny day? BEHEADINGS.

(NOW WITH NEW AUDIO. LISTEN TO THEM CHEER!)How can you blame just a few extremists from the Taliban and al-Qaeda for this kind of barbarism when you see crowds as large as this one gathering for the sole purpose of watching people cut off other people’s heads in the public square? No, this is NOT Radical Islam, this is Islam. Period. What’s the moral equivalency with the West here, Mr. Obama?

I just witness a partial video, in which I was unable to finish, it was gruesome and disgusting display

The Afghan people got 5 beheadings for the price of one. A good day for the Taliban :evil:

There were thousands of Afghans witnessing and cheering

Islam in it purest form on display, damn them to hell. These afghans were beheaded in the name of Allah, who committed a sin that commanded their heads

You remember a thing called the French Revolution or the Spanish Inquisition?

Although such exaggerations have made “facts” from fiction, there is some truth about abuses that Catholics must admit. Unrepentant men found guilty of heresy were handed over to the State for punishment, even though Church authorities did not always agree with the State’s punishments. We must realize that in handing over the condemned heretic to the secular power, the Church knowingly was handing over the condemned for punishments ranging from imprisonment to burning at the stake. Furthermore, even with all the procedural precautions, there were inquisitors who did not follow the laws of the Church and all too readily handed over a significant number of “heretics” to be burned alive. However, anti-Catholic pamphleteers and historians have grossly exaggerated the numbers, asserting that millions died at the stake. Though the actual numbers are far less (3,000-5,000), these fiery deaths were quite real and regrettable.

Far different from breaking Gods laws with mayhem and following allah and committing it.

:lol: hee lar e us

I thought the "polish ambush" was the Taliban's favorite sport.......

At any rate, this young soldier that is in Taliban hands is in trouble because the Haqqani's have him. They wouldn't have taken him without having an endstate in mind, and that endstate will be to stage an event that will have the maximum propaganda effect.

I don't think there is anything unique about beheadings (or religiously ordained), I just think it's a particularly ghastly tactic employed drive home a point in a mass media world.

Forum List

Back