Taliban Threaten to Kill 18 Korean Hostages

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By BARRY BEARAK and CHOE SANG-HUN
Published: July 21, 2007

KABUL, Afghanistan, Saturday, July 21 — Taliban gunmen boarded a bus and abducted 18 South Koreans who were apparently volunteers for a Christian church group, and a spokesman for the insurgents told reporters Friday that the fates of those kidnapped would be decided after the prisoners have been questioned.

“They have got until tomorrow at noon to withdraw their troops from Afghanistan, or otherwise we will kill the 18 Koreans,” Qari Yousuf Ahmadi, who claims to speak for the Taliban, told The Associated Press by telephone from an undisclosed location. “Right now, they are safe and sound.”

cont ...http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/21/w...3a0efc5dea3c3c&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

They're just misunderstood. Perhaps if we left them alone they'd be harmless.:eusa_eh:

True. Imagine the nerve of them trying to spread some goodwill ...:eusa_eh:

Actually, it's probably an age old dispute between the two peoples that no amount of military action will ever resolve.

It could well be too that the 18 taken belong to a Christian group.

Maybe, just maybe, the Taliban is just a bunch of evil bastards. This is the one that gets my vote.

Actually, it's probably an age old dispute between the two peoples that no amount of military action will ever resolve.

Maybe, just maybe, the Taliban is just a bunch of evil bastards. This is the one that gets my vote.

If we would just allow them to bomb the shit out of us at will everything would be OK.

The Taliban evil? You warmongering, right-wing extremist Bushbot, you. Next you'll be wanting to kill the evil little bastards.

Time for impeachment proceeding for you, buddy.:lol:

You of course DO realize that by current liberal standards, I need only an accusation and no evidence?

Of course. I presume you realize that by virtue of being a war mongering, baby killing, right wing extremists I am allowed to add you to my list of those needing extermination. That same criteria also allows me to label you anti-American and a supporter of terrorism.

So there.

Of course. I presume you realize that by virtue of being a war mongering, baby killing, right wing extremists I am allowed to add you to my list of those needing extermination. That same criteria also allows me to label you anti-American and a supporter of terrorism.

So there.

Shit, I'm going out and burn a flag right now just to prove you right.:rofl:

Forum List

Back