Taliban scrap peace deal in Pakistan tribal area

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
MIR ALI, Pakistan - Taliban militants in a tribal region bordering Afghanistan say they have pulled out of a peace deal with the government, raising the prospect of wider unrest as the Pakistani army extends its efforts to eliminate insurgents.The militants in North Waziristan blamed continuing U.S. missile strikes and army offensives against the Taliban for their decision, which was announced in the wake of a Taliban ambush that killed 16 soldiers.
Government leaders and Taliban representatives reached the deal in February 2008, but few details have been released about it.

Taliban scrap deal in Pakistan tribal area - Pakistan - msnbc.com

Talibans are not supposed to deal with - They have to be eliminated by the root ..
It was Pakistani govt.'s big mistake that they thought Talibans are liable to have an agreement ..

Striking a peace deal with the Taliban is tantamount to striking a deal with the devil. It simply allows them to exert their extreme beliefs to opress the people in that region.

Talibans are not supposed to deal with - They have to be eliminated by the root ..
It was Pakistani govt.'s big mistake that they thought Talibans are liable to have an agreement ..

Of course, these are not the same Taliban as the ones in Afghanistan.

Yes they are.

No, they're not. "Taliban" is a generic term that means "student's group."

The Pakistani Taliban wants to overthrow the Pakistani government. The Afghan Taliban is supported by the Pakistani government.

• Banned
It doesn't matter whether they're the same. If they are the de facto authority in the region, it is they we must deal with to achieve any peace. That, or we help someone replace them and risk sparking a civil war. There are no other options.

Of course, these are not the same Taliban as the ones in Afghanistan.

Yes they are.

The Pakistani Taliban wants to overthrow the Pakistani government. The Afghan Taliban is supported by the Pakistani government.

I doubt there's anything you can tell me about the Taliban. Part of my job is to know them inside out.

The Taliban is a Sunni Islamist organisation made up largely of Pashtuns from Afghanistan and the Pakistan border areas. They are, as a group, fighting a guerrilla war against both Afghanistan AND Pakistan as well as NATO and US forces. Many of the Taliban insurgents we capture in Afghanistan are Pakistanis.

Anything else you want to tell me I'm wrong on?

Yes they are.

I doubt there's anything you can tell me about the Taliban. Part of my job is to know them inside out.

The Taliban is a Sunni Islamist organisation made up largely of Pashtuns from Afghanistan and the Pakistan border areas. They are, as a group, fighting a guerrilla war against both Afghanistan AND Pakistan as well as NATO and US forces. Many of the Taliban insurgents we capture in Afghanistan are Pakistanis.

No, you're still wrong about this specific issue. Why would the Afghan Taliban want to overthrow the Pakistani government when the ISI-D gives them money, logistics, intel and shelter?

ofcourse mohammdans scrap their peace treaties, dont ya get it? mohamet did the same thing and his is the prime example for life for all time for all mohammdans.

google ----------------------> Hudna

google ----------------------> Treaty of Hudaybiyya

Yes they are.

How about this stuff I hear about Lawyers mucking everything up, literally strangling the troops ability to do their job?

MIR ALI, Pakistan - Taliban militants in a tribal region bordering Afghanistan say they have pulled out of a peace deal with the government, raising the prospect of wider unrest as the Pakistani army extends its efforts to eliminate insurgents.The militants in North Waziristan blamed continuing U.S. missile strikes and army offensives against the Taliban for their decision, which was announced in the wake of a Taliban ambush that killed 16 soldiers.
Government leaders and Taliban representatives reached the deal in February 2008, but few details have been released about it.

Taliban scrap deal in Pakistan tribal area - Pakistan - msnbc.com

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hudna

:eusa_whistle:

talibans is controlling more territories by time, it's the time to deal with them and open negociations page.

Deal will be the big loss .. If it happens, They'll soon control the rest part of the country and the killing will be started .. Because what they want to impose, no one from us acts ..

New Topics

Forum List

Back