'Taliban Five' set free for new deaths

Samuel Nixon

May 20, 2015
"My point all along was that I'm more worried about month No. 13 than the first 12."

Travel ban for Taliban Five exchanged for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl nearing end Fox News

What's your personal attitude to this rule of law?
A year of being under control is better than suspended sentence, millions spent on Gitmo imprisonment showed we're are good at negotiating with terrorists.

What's your personal attitude to a braveheart Bowe Bergdahl? Do you think his life was worth 5 Taliban warlords? Or at least one of them?
The fact he was charged with desertion doesn't mean a thing here, if he had a 100% integrity the question will be remained the same - what's the cost of a soldier's life?

"My point all along was that I'm more worried about month No. 13 than the first 12."

Travel ban for Taliban Five exchanged for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl nearing end Fox News

A year of being under control is better than suspended sentence, millions spent on Gitmo imprisonment showed we're are good at negotiating with terrorists.

What's your personal attitude to a braveheart Bowe Bergdahl? Do you think his life was worth 5 Taliban warlords? Or at least one of them?
The fact he was charged with desertion doesn't mean a thing here, if he had a 100% integrity the question will be remained the same - what's the cost of a soldier's life?

The cost of a soldier's life is just $10,000 if I recall the insurance policy I signed when I enlisted.

The cost of a soldier's life is just $10,000 if I recall the insurance policy I signed when I enlisted.
Is Reagan still president?

Obama switched sides, he freed terrorists and handed Ramadi to ISIS

"Raider" Brigade takes over Ramadi[edit]
In January 2007, the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, on its third tour to Iraq, arrived in Ramadi and assumed responsibility from Macfarland's brigade on February 18 at a transfer ceremony at Camp Ramadi. During the ceremony, which was attended by Sheikh Sattar, MacFarland said that his brigade had lost 86 soldiers, sailors and Marines during the 8 month campaign (though the Brigade had spent a total of nearly 17 months in Iraq).[43][44]

In January 2007, Ramadi averaged approximately 35 enemy attacks on US forces per day. Following heavy fighting over an 8-week campaign, which was led by a Task Force commanded by 1st Brigade, 3rd ID, also known as Task Force Raider, attacks in the brigade's area of operations dropped to one or two per day within the city of Ramadi. In the early months of 2007, 3-69 Armor Battalion, in conjunction with two Marine Battalions, along with TF PathFinder was largely responsible for securing Southern and Central Ramadi. By August 2007, Ramadi had gone 80 consecutive days without a single attack on US forces and the 1st BDE, 3rd ID commander commander, Colonel John Charlton, stated, "...al-Qaida is defeated in Al Anbar". However, despite 1-3 ID's effectiveness, insurgents continued to launch attacks on Ramadi and the surrounding areas in the weeks and months to follow. On June 30, 2007, a group of between 50 and 60 insurgents attempting to infiltrate Ramadi were intercepted and destroyed, following a tip from Iraqi Police officers. The insurgents were intercepted by elements of the 1st Battalion, 77th Armor on 30 June 2007 and on 1 July 2007 they were destroyed by elements of Bravo company, 2nd Squad, 1st platoon, 1-18 Infantry Regiment. 1-18 operated out of the Ta'Meem district of Ramadi's western sector. North of Ramadi, elements of 3-69 Armor, whose headquarters had been moved north of Ramadi, engaged elements of al-Qaeda in Iraq who had taken refuge in rural areas north of the city. After several counter-insurgency operations, 3-69 AR Battalion effectively removed Al Qaeda in Iraq from the greater Anbar province. By March 2008, Ramadi, Iraq had become a vastly safer city than it had been only a year before and the number of enemy attacks in the city had fallen drastically. Years later, by mid 2012, Ramadi remained far safer than it had been since 2003.[45][46][47]

Iraqi Police Development Played a Key Role in Tribal Engagement Strategy[edit]
One major shortcoming in the efforts to wrest control of Ramadi from the insurgency was the failure of the Iraqi Police to effectively combat the insurgency. As part of the Tribal Engagement Strategy, Ready First developed and implemented a plan to quickly recruit, train, and employ Iraqi Policemen on the streets of Ramadi. COL MacFarland, and LTC James Lechner, Deputy Brigade Commander, successfully developed an Iraqi Police recruiting, training, and employment plan that was implemented by HHC, 2-152 Infantry (Mech), an Army National Guard unit that lived in Iraqi Police Stations and Combat Outposts conducting daily patrols and clearing operations with their counterparts. HHC, 2-152 Infantry, also known in Ramadi as "the 152nd", or the Police Transition Team (PTT) Company would provide the Iraqi Police in Ramadi with the leadership and oversight that proved crucial in re-establishing a police presence in Ramadi to ensure insurgent forces did not return to neighborhoods that had been secured. Consequently, the success of the Iraqi Police program in Ramadi convinced the Ramadi populace that their government could effectively provide for their security needs, a critical element of defeating the insurgency. The 152nd PTT Company's Iraqi Police efforts began in October 2006 and would continue through the departure of Ready First and into the tenure of 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division until the 152nd departed in October 2007. The 152nd was responsible for recruiting, training, and conducting patrols with hundreds of Iraqi Police, and opened several new Iraqi Police stations in the city of Ramadi.

Participating Units[edit]
1st Battalion, 6th Infantry
2nd Battalion, 6th Infantry

1st Battalion, 35th Armor
1st Battalion 36th Infantry
1st Battalion 37th Armor
2nd Battalion, 37th Armor

2nd Battalion, 3rd Field Artillery
16th Engineer Battalion
Alpha Company, 40th Engineer Battalion
Charlie Company, 40th Engineer Battalion
54th ENBN(Task Force Dagger) Alpha, Bravo & Charlie Company(Route Clearance & Reconnaissance)
46th Engineer Battalion
321st Engineer Battalion (Task Force Pathfinder), Route Clearance and Horizontal construction
501st Forward Support Battalion
47th Forward Support Battalion
Asymmetric Warfare Group
HHC, 2nd Battalion, 152nd Infantry Regiment (Police Transition Team Company)
1st Battalion 9th Infantry Regiment Task Force 1-9
3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment Task Force 1-9
1st Battalion, 77th Armor
1st Battalion, 18th Infantry Regiment
1st Battalion, 26th Infantry Regiment Task Force 1-9
B Co, 486th Civil Affairs Battalion

Regimental Combat Team 5
3rd Battalion, 5th Marines
2nd Battalion, 11th Marines
1st Battalion, 6th Marines
3rd Battalion, 8th Marines
3rd Battalion, 7th Marines
2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, 15th MEU
2nd Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company
1st Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company

1st Radio Battalion
Combat Logistics Regiment 15
Department Of Defense Security Forces, Tactical Response Team
1st Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment
SEAL Team 3
SEAL Team 5
9th Naval Construction Regiment
Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 40
Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 74
  • Iraqi Army
    • 1st Brigade, 1st Iraqi Army Division[48]
    • 1st Brigade, 7th Iraqi Army Division[48]
United States Marine Corps portal
Iraq portal
415th Military Intelligence Battalion

15th MEU. 2nd Battalion 4th Marines. Rage Company

Battle of Ramadi 2006 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Colonel John Charlton, stated, "...al-Qaida is defeated in Al Anbar".

But that was before Obama switched sides and threw his support to ISIS and Al Qaeda, arming them through the Benghazi Consulate and handing them back all the real estate our troops won at great sacrifice

Odd, since the cost of investment by the government on most US citizens should exceed or be equal to 100k over their lifetime - including education, healthcare, and other state benefits.

But the US government doesn't provide much to returning soldiers - dead or alive, out of bad habit obviously then if they only insure for funeral expenses.

14d2de954632bb084ca2c7f54f2bed8f9236b266.jpg

Forum List

Back