Taliban facing 'financial crisis', general claims

In 2000 the Taliban banned opium production, a first in Afghan history. That year Afghanistan's opium production still accounted for 75% of the world's supply. On July 27, 2000, the Taliban again issued a decree banning cultivation. By February 2001, production had been reduced from 12,600 acres (51 km2) to only 17 acres (7 ha). When the Taliban entered North Waziristan in 2003 they immediately banned cultivation and punished those who sold it.

The Taliban's top drug official in Nangarhar, Mullah Amir Mohammed Haqqani, said the ban would remain regardless of whether the Taliban received aid or international recognition. "It is our decree that there will be no poppy cultivation. It is banned forever in this country," he said. "Whether we get assistance or not, poppy growing will never be allowed again in our country."

However, with the 2001 expulsion of the Taliban, opium cultivation returned, and by 2005 Afghanistan provided 87% of the world supply,[121] rising to 90% in 2006.
Taliban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isn't it an amazing cycle? We send troops there to die while protecting the production and exportation of illegal drugs that make their way to the US where more Americans die.

now you understand the point of your military

You mean, Obama basing his strategy on whether it's good for the Democrats?

You're not too bright.

no, dumbass, I meant his creating of an army to silently wage war in pakistan, his use of drones in pakistan, his threatening of the isi, his willingness to expose karzai if he didn't oust certain taliban members and so on.

bush on the other hand didn't want to upset his isi friends so he let the taliban & al qaeda run rampant in the tribal areas and obama and had to come through and clean up his mess

No, shithead,I meant the destruction of Afghanistan when it was invaded by Muhammadan barbarians and its Buddhist population annihilated.

Try to keep up, birdbrain

now I know you are heavy a drug user and will simply be ignored

no, dumbass, I meant his creating of an army to silently wage war in pakistan, his use of drones in pakistan, his threatening of the isi, his willingness to expose karzai if he didn't oust certain taliban members and so on.

bush on the other hand didn't want to upset his isi friends so he let the taliban & al qaeda run rampant in the tribal areas and obama and had to come through and clean up his mess

No, shithead,I meant the destruction of Afghanistan when it was invaded by Muhammadan barbarians and its Buddhist population annihilated.

Try to keep up, birdbrain

now I know you are heavy a drug user and will simply be ignored

If you didn't take crack, you might be able to keep up, skank

Forum List

Back