Taliban Blamed for Acid Attack on Afghan Schoolgirls

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — No students showed up at Mirwais Mena girls' school in the Taliban's spiritual birthplace the morning after it happened.

A day earlier, men on motorcycles attacked 15 girls and teachers with acid.

The men squirted the acid from water bottles onto three groups of students and teachers walking to school Wednesday, principal Mehmood Qaderi said. Some of the girls have burns only on their school uniforms but others will have scars on their faces.

One teenager still cannot open her eyes after being hit in the face with acid.

Click here for photos. (Warning: Graphic Content)

FOXNews.com - Taliban Blamed for Acid Attack on Afghan Schoolgirls - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

I saw this yesterday. Lovely. But by all means, let's use rules of engagement with these monsters and provide them with all the privileges of American citizens in civilian courts when we catch them.

I've seen horrors … horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that … but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face … and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us, and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember … I … I … I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized … like I was shot … like I was shot with a diamond … a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God … the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men … trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love … but they had the strength … the strength … to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, then our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral … and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling … without passion … without judgment … without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.

Apocalypse Now - Wikiquote

I've seen horrors … horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that … but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face … and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us, and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember … I … I … I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized … like I was shot … like I was shot with a diamond … a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God … the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men … trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love … but they had the strength … the strength … to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, then our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral … and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling … without passion … without judgment … without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.

I remember this. Evil is very rationale.

Yes, this is monstrous. And no doubt the Taliban were doing the same thing when they were part of a U.S.-backed alliance. Perhaps they were influenced by the example of U.S.-backed counterrevolutionaries who murdered Cuban literacy volunteers in the 1960s.

This is one of the reasons we need to object to U.S. intervention in semicolonial countries: it consistently leads to human rights abuses like this by bolstering the bourgeois classes of these countries.

Yes, this is monstrous. And no doubt the Taliban were doing the same thing when they were part of a U.S.-backed alliance. Perhaps they were influenced by the example of U.S.-backed counterrevolutionaries who murdered Cuban literacy volunteers in the 1960s.

This is one of the reasons we need to object to U.S. intervention in semicolonial countries: it consistently leads to human rights abuses like this by bolstering the bourgeois classes of these countries.

Are you for real??!! I seriously suggest you read up on the Taliban before making such dumb statements. Their abuse of rights is nothing to do with the US or any other western nation.

Apocalypse Now - Wikiquote

Are you sure they did it for that reason? Many people say that those taliban fighters are just mountain people who are very superstitious and because they can't read they have to believe what the religious guy says. So maybe those taliban guys were just thinking you guys were poisoning the kids (because you are their enemy after all)and that to save the kids they had to cut of their arms so the poison wouldn't spread further. Those Taliban guys probably believe that you guys are the devil s suns or whatever the elder guy told them you are, the magic (at least for them) might have led them to believe the rest: airplanes and choppers firing at them with bombs, ...(wich they don't understand, probably more describing it as "magic" like the afghan army does that fights on your side). But that is if you were indeed operating in Afghanistan for that mission, because you didn't mention where you were.

So maybe if I aim right, then one of those taliban guys might have said exactly the same thing you just did (with the difference that you were doing the psychologic warfare). Not knowing exactly what you guys have injected, they could have suspected the worst and since you guys are probably the enemies of the population in that area it is easy to see why they might have believed it to be "the worst case scenario". But this is all speculation on my part, since I don't know where it was and what the exact context was.

But you have a good point, psychologic warfare is one of the most destructing ones probably because it is also contaminating other people. But in this case: is it not possible to turn those things around by using them to feed hatred (in your advantage), using them to win a "propaganda war". Could it not have 2 effects: fear and/or hatred? Weren't there guys of your squad filled with hatred when they went on with the mission?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back