Talent on loan from god!

awww Terry-- c'mon now-- they don't have to listen-- don't u know their guy has a Mandate from the American people and all Rush is doing is raining on their parade?-- i mean look... if Rush and Beck and talent of their ilk are so great how come they didn't get elected to the Senate like former comic/ liberal radio talk show host Stuart Smalley?-- and we just know that Franken could take Rush 2 outta 3 in a wrestling match, yes?-- jeez, u gotta know when it's time to pull up the tent stakes and go home with a nice glass of Obie Kool-Aid-- this is democracy, we lost now we're just supposed to lay down and die-- Regards, probus

Rush has 22 million listeners.

Regardless of what you think of him, he wields influence on the body politic.

That stat has been somewhat debunked.

If you want a more realistic figure, divide it by 5. The 22 million is the sum total of listeners during the week. I'd wager that it's roughly the same set of 4.4 million artards listening everyday.

Really?

That's heartening.

The man's mad as a hatter in my opinion.

If you want a more realistic figure, divide it by 5. The 22 million is the sum total of listeners during the week. I'd wager that it's roughly the same set of 4.4 million artards listening everyday.

Really?

That's heartening.

do you mean he is a "mad hatter?" because simply being a "hatter" does not make one mad.

Really?

That's heartening.

do you mean he is a "mad hatter?" because simply being a "hatter" does not make one mad.

actually it did, hence the expression.
in the old days hatters worked with mercury and eventually they were poisoned and went mad.

World Wide Words: Mad as a hatter

Really?

That's heartening.

actually it did, hence the expression.
in the old days hatters worked with mercury and eventually they were poisoned and went mad.

World Wide Words: Mad as a hatter

Damn - beat me to it! :lol:

I knew that trivia would come in useful someday, and now I've missed my chance! Bugger.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
RUSH: They're Democrats, folks. A Democrat's a Democrat. Blue Dog, red dog, black dog, it doesn't matter. They're Democrats, and Rahm Emanuel is not going to allow a Blue Dog Democrat to vote with Republicans or side with them. Nancy Pelosi isn't, either. They're not going to get campaign money. They're going to have to candidates picked to run against them in primaries, do not fall for this notion that we're going to have help from the Democrats on it. This is going to be defeated as we've had to defeat illegal immigration, amnesty and so forth, and that is with the American people. The American people are going to have to provide the impetus and the energy for this. So sit here and rely on Blue Dog Democrats joining us in this is a fake. We're being faked out, and I'm urging you not to fall for this. Look, Sam Johnson, Representative Sam Johnson offered an amendment in the House Ways and Means Committee to exclude illegals from national health care. The Democrats voted him down in committee, ways and means. Obama's health care plan will specifically cover. It was the anti-Hillary Democrats, all those women that were supposedly really upset at Obama because of the way Hillary was being treated and so forth and so on, going to vote Republican, it was a website scam, it didn't happen. It wasn't really true. Same thing with the Blue Dogs.

Yes, and has tremendous influence in the Rushpublican Party. When the Party Chair has to apologize to him for stating the obvious, it is apparent that he is a major influence in the Republican Party. And a detriment to that Party. 22 million listen to him, at least twice that regard him as a drugged out ignoramous and a cancer on the American Political body.

RUSH: Sonia Sotomayor. You remember that convoluted, twisted question-and-answer business on wisdom yesterday where she said Sandra Day O'Connor couldn't have meant what she said. And I said, well, if Sotomayor can say that Sandra Day O'Connor didn't mean what she said then she can say it about any of the founders who wrote the Constitution. "It doesn't mean what it says." That all led to a discussion of wisdom. White judge, female judge, Sandra Day O'Connor said I hope they're equal wisdom. Sotomayor said, well, just because they might have different decisions or conclusions in a case doesn't mean that neither of them has wisdom. Would you like to hear what one of the Founders said about wisdom? Since Sotomayor has made it an issue, Thomas Jefferson: "Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom." This moral relativism and now truth relativism, you know, very rarely, ladies and gentlemen, is somebody who's wrong called wise. And there are clearly wrong legal decisions people make, and they are not made by wise people. At any rate, I wanted to throw that in.
:clap2:

Exactly.

If it wasn't for God, I'd be worried.

You needn't worry, ol' Limpbaugh has plenty of money for Oxycotin, and trips down to the Dominican Republic. As long as he has a supply of certain drugs, that is.:eusa_shhh:

Yes, and has tremendous influence in the Rushpublican Party. When the Party Chair has to apologize to him for stating the obvious, it is apparent that he is a major influence in the Republican Party. And a detriment to that Party. 22 million listen to him, at least twice that regard him as a drugged out ignoramous and a cancer on the American Political body.[/quote]

Yeah, true.

So?

His ability to influence our nation and its leadership is still fairly obvious, isn't it?

The man is really the unofficial leader of the modern know-nothing party which is the most loyal wing of today's Republican Party.

RUSH: How about health care. Snerdley told me that a -- what did you say pack of cigarettes is in Florida now? A carton is 50 bucks in Florida. Close to a hundred dollars in New York for a carton of cigarettes. Ten bucks a pack on the street in New York, and all of that tax money is going for health care. S-CHIP program, all that money is going for health care. Now, stick with me on this. In the House bill, there is a provision that if you make -- and this is, of course, what the bill is all about: regulating our lives, limiting freedom -- there is a provision that if you make a "lifestyle choice" that puts you at greater risk than the average, or the norm in how they get to define that, then your premium is going to be higher, even in the public option.

So if you smoke, you're gonna pay a higher premium. It's in the House bill. But I looked and I can't find a porker surcharge in the House bill. "What do you mean, Rush, the porker surcharge?" Well, lifestyle choices, right? You made a lifestyle choice that puts you at greater risk than the norm. Okay, so let's let the average porker, you got a 350-pound father, a 400-pound mother, you got five kids, average weight 250 pounds, the staple of each meal is a Twinkie. I don't see the porker surcharge in this bill. And there are a lot of other lifestyle choices that people make that place them at greater risk than the norm, but only the smokers. Now, let's focus on the smokers. What, Snerdley? Yeah. I mean, there's no surcharge for promiscuity. There's no slut surcharge. There's no satyr surcharge, no gigolo surcharge. There's no alcohol surcharge. That will be in there, though, at some point but I want to focus on smoking. I made this point on previous occasions and I'd like to make it again.

There was a time in this country where almost -- in fact, it was slightly over 50% of adults smoked cigarettes, over 50% lit up. They puffed, they inhaled, they exhaled smoked cigarettes, let's not even count the cigar and pipe smokers. Today less than 25% of the population are smoking cigarettes. We've gone from 50% to 25%. Smoking has been cut in half, and obviously secondhand smoking has been cut even more. There's less secondhand smoke out there because there's less firsthand smoke, right? Now, what were we promised? We were promised better health and what else were we promised? If we could cut smoking and get people to stop smoking, get it banned in public, what were we promised? We were promised lower health care costs. What do we have? After half the people who smoked have quit, we've gone from 50% to 25%, promised better health and lower health care costs, what do we have? We have higher health care costs. In fact, we have much higher health care costs.

I'm not talking about the health benefits of not smoking. I'm talking about the claim that it would sharply reduce health care costs; it would put less strain financially on the health care system the more people quit and the less secondhand smoke. And it was a lie. Like practically every other claim that liberals make, that Democrats make in their programs like this, it was a lie. The very claim that we are dealing with today, that we've got to do Obamacare to reduce health care costs and you know how that happens? In Obama land, you reduce health care costs by denying coverage to more people. You think 47 million uninsured means 47 million don't get coverage, that's not true. But it's going to come close to true with Obamacare. That's the only way that they can cut costs.

Less smoking didn't reduce health care costs. The subprime mortgage didn't guarantee affordable housing for people. It wrecked, in part, the financial system. Subprime health care will not reduce health care costs. First, smoking increased taxes. Look at this. As the number of people quit smoking, they told us to quit smoking, everybody quit smoking, 50% did, what happened? We all paid the penalty for it, taxes went up because tax revenue went down. Today, smokers should be given the Congressional Medal of Honor. They are the single largest tax contributors to health care programs for kids in the cities and states in this country. So what happened? Smoking increased taxes, subprime health care will increase taxes even more, first a little, then a little more, and then a lot more. What's the lesson? The lesson is believing liberal claims on health care savings can be more dangerous to your health than smoking.

RUSH: By the way, I mentioned earlier that what ought to be really insured -- talking about health insurance here -- is catastrophic care. If we're going to have a health care program and we're going to have reform, let's just do that and have people in the free market buy whatever other insurance policies they want for the day-to-day trip to the doctor, tonsillitis, whatever it is. But catastrophic stuff that could wipe you out. "Well, let's have insurance." Okay, let's do that. In fact, I have been reminded that Ronald Reagan wanted just that and in fact I've been reminded that he even got passed the Medicare Catastrophic Coverage Act in 1988.

Now, you'll remember this when I give you the details. The Medicare Catastrophic Coverage Act in 1988 required Medicare to pay for severe and prolonged illness as a protection against catastrophic expense. But once the elderly beneficiaries found out that their premiums would go up to a top rate of $560 more, they threw a fit -- and that is when I think a bunch of them surrounded the car of Dan "Rosty" Rostenkowski in Chicago. They repealed the act. The AARP, the American Association of Liberal Old People, whatever it is, they were the first to demand this. And then when they found out it was going to cost just $560 more they blew a gasket and they had to repeal the act. It was $560 additional annual premium at a top rate. What? I don't know if the term "greedy geezer" was coined then. That's a good question. I don't know when the term "greedy geezer" was coined. But Congress repealed the act. So we've already tried it. But Medicare is supposed to be free. Medicare is supposed to be free.
Remarks on Signing the Medicare Catastrophic Coverage Act of 1988

RUSH: From the Wall Street Journal: "Employees at some big agencies, like the U.S. Department of Agriculture, are being encouraged to host meetings in more buttoned-down places such as St. Louis, Milwaukee or Denver." In other words, the feds have issued guidelines to the bureaucracies, and among these guidelines, when you go to meetings or whatever, stay away from Vegas; stay away from Orlando, Florida. I kid you not. That's very cynical. Now, how about this is a way to anger voters? Las Vegas already in trouble because Obama's told people don't go there. Now the whole federal government issuing guidelines about not going to Vegas or Orlando. What's wrong with those two places?

Writes Thomas Lifson, by the way, at the American Thinker: "I am sure the voters in Nevada and Florida will be very interested to know that the federal government is telling agencies to avoid booking meetings there. We don't know when this guidance was supplied to federal agencies, but a sneaking suspicion is that it was after the Arizona Biltmore tape aired, and some genius in the White House reacted, not realizing that Harry Reid is up for re-election next year."

Wait -- now, what, Snerdley? You know, that's not a bad. That's not a bad idea. Okay, federal agencies, if you've been issued guidelines to avoid Vegas or Orlando, then you should issue some places that you should go. Detroit. Have your next meeting in Detroit. And then stop off in Flint for a couple days while you're on your way to Detroit. And then have a meeting in Port St. Lucie. Or Rio Linda. Well, there's no hotel in Rio Linda. You couldn't really have a meeting in Rio Linda. I don't think you'd want to, either. Or how about Martha's Vineyard? I mean, if it's good enough for the Obamas to spend ten or 12 days there on vacation (they're headed there in August), then it's good enough for our bureaucrats. How about Hyannisport? If it's good enough for the Kennedys, it's good enough for you bureaucrats.

RUSH: From ThePolitico.com today: "'Democrats Raise Concerns about Barbara Boxer.' -- A big chunk of the House climate change bill is in the hands of Senate Environment and Public Works Committee Chairwoman Barbara Boxer -- and some of its supporters are worried that she’s not up to the task." Bottom line, no liberal Democrat is ever up to the task. Obama is not up to the task, as he so well demoed last night. Biden is not up to the task, which he proves every time he opens his mouth. Nancy Pelosi is not up to the task, which she proves by lying about having the votes. Hillary is so out of her depth and proves that all over the earth. None of them is up to any task.

"In private conversations, Senate staffers say that Boxer’s abrasive personal style helped tank the climate bill that Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and former Sen. John Warner (R-Va.) sponsored last year. And several recent embarrassing episodes involving the California Democrat have them worried about a repeat performance. During a committee hearing in June, Boxer upbraided a brigadier general for calling her 'Ma’am' rather than 'Senator.' During another hearing this month, Boxer found herself in a testy exchange with the CEO of the National Black Chamber of Commerce, who accused her of 'condescending' to him. For some Democratic staffers, the incidents underscored the danger of having an outspoken partisan liberal in charge of making the kinds of compromises needed to get cap and trade through the Senate."

RUSH: We haven't talked about this today but I want to bring it up before we get outta here. A lot of states are going to raise the minimum wage today. More job killing in the US economy. Heritage Foundation, and I got this at AskHeritage.org -- folks, I have to tell you, it is a daily routine. It's part of the show prep roster now, AskHeritage.org. It's just amazing what all is available and what you can ask, what you can learn, what you can find out. These people, the smartest people inside the Beltway, the most reliable people inside the Beltway. These are scholars, some of them are wonks, but they're just right on the money, and the things that they publish are understandable, and they're influential. It's just great the things they've done in making their work available to the public. You know, in the old days the Heritage Foundation, they dealt with other think tanks and members of Congress, lobbying groups and so forth, but now they're making their work available to the public, selecting input from the public. All you have to do is join AskHeritage.org, it's 25 bucks.

Now, one of the things I found here today: "According to the United States Department of Labor, the nation’s unemployment rate has already risen to 9.5%. The Obama administration is predicting that the nation’s unemployment rate will soon rise above 10% and the Federal Reserve predicts unemployment could stay above that 10% mark for sometime." Jobless recovery. I don't know how you have a recovery without jobs, but that's what they're saying. "One would think, therefore, that the Obama administration would do everything in their power to stop federal government policies from causing even more job losses. You’d be wrong. Today the Obama administration is not just allowing, but celebrating, a job- and opportunity-killing raise in the federal minimum wage. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis told the USA Today that the federally mandated raise to $7.25 per hour will create 'extra disposable income [that] comes to about $120 a month.'" Not when they get laid off!

"Solis expects 'workers to spend much of that cash in their local communities.'" We're talking $7.25 an hour. It's not enough to improve anybody's life. It's just enough to cause them to lose their job in this economy. "Where does Solis think this 'extra' $120 a month comes from? Does she think it falls from the skies or grows on trees?" I must answer the Heritage Foundation's question here, and they print it in Washington, but they can't anywhere else. "Here in the real world, when governments force firms to pay some workers more money, it has to come from somewhere. And that 'somewhere' usually is lost jobs and lost opportunity," people end up getting fired. They're not bottomless pits of money in small businesses not being used, especially in an economic climate like this. So minimum wage is going up, they're celebrating, "Oh, it's more disposable income for our citizens." You know, praising the minimum wage and even an increase in it is tantamount to thinking you're doing something good for a homeless person giving him a shopping cart. But there they are, celebrating it.

RUSH: We haven't talked about this today but I want to bring it up before we get outta here. A lot of states are going to raise the minimum wage today. More job killing in the US economy. Heritage Foundation, and I got this at AskHeritage.org -- folks, I have to tell you, it is a daily routine. It's part of the show prep roster now, AskHeritage.org. It's just amazing what all is available and what you can ask, what you can learn, what you can find out. These people, the smartest people inside the Beltway, the most reliable people inside the Beltway. These are scholars, some of them are wonks, but they're just right on the money, and the things that they publish are understandable, and they're influential. It's just great the things they've done in making their work available to the public. You know, in the old days the Heritage Foundation, they dealt with other think tanks and members of Congress, lobbying groups and so forth, but now they're making their work available to the public, selecting input from the public. All you have to do is join AskHeritage.org, it's 25 bucks.

Now, one of the things I found here today: "According to the United States Department of Labor, the nation’s unemployment rate has already risen to 9.5%. The Obama administration is predicting that the nation’s unemployment rate will soon rise above 10% and the Federal Reserve predicts unemployment could stay above that 10% mark for sometime." Jobless recovery. I don't know how you have a recovery without jobs, but that's what they're saying. "One would think, therefore, that the Obama administration would do everything in their power to stop federal government policies from causing even more job losses. You’d be wrong. Today the Obama administration is not just allowing, but celebrating, a job- and opportunity-killing raise in the federal minimum wage. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis told the USA Today that the federally mandated raise to $7.25 per hour will create 'extra disposable income [that] comes to about $120 a month.'" Not when they get laid off!

"Solis expects 'workers to spend much of that cash in their local communities.'" We're talking $7.25 an hour. It's not enough to improve anybody's life. It's just enough to cause them to lose their job in this economy. "Where does Solis think this 'extra' $120 a month comes from? Does she think it falls from the skies or grows on trees?" I must answer the Heritage Foundation's question here, and they print it in Washington, but they can't anywhere else. "Here in the real world, when governments force firms to pay some workers more money, it has to come from somewhere. And that 'somewhere' usually is lost jobs and lost opportunity," people end up getting fired. They're not bottomless pits of money in small businesses not being used, especially in an economic climate like this. So minimum wage is going up, they're celebrating, "Oh, it's more disposable income for our citizens." You know, praising the minimum wage and even an increase in it is tantamount to thinking you're doing something good for a homeless person giving him a shopping cart. But there they are, celebrating it.

EIB Celebrates 21st Anniversary:clap2:

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Greeting, my friends, Rush Limbaugh. This, the Excellence in Broadcasting Network, the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies on Friday.

JOHNNY DONOVAN: And now, from sunny South Florida, it's Open Line Friday!

RUSH: Oh, no! I'm on a roll here and you're gonna do this?

SNERDLEY: Oh, yes! It's 21 years.

RUSH: Oh, jeez.

DAWN: Wooo!

RUSH: Here I am in the middle.

SNERDLEY: Yeah? It's 21 years!

RUSH: I'm on a roll and the staff is not at their seats. The staff is in the studio here, and has just presented me an anniversary cake, 21st anniversary and a singing balloon.

SNERDLEY: Yeah.

RUSH: A singing balloon.

SNERDLEY: Cool & the Gang! Let's celebrate.

RUSH: I can't hear you because Ed hasn't turned down the music. This is our 21st... Well, it's tomorrow actually is the 21st anniversary. I haven't even decided whether I was going to celebrate it today or Monday but I guess we're celebrating it now: 21st anniversary.

BRIAN: Yeah, we decided.

RUSH: Well, yeah, it's big.

DAWN: You don't have to blow those out.

RUSH: You can't blow those out.

DAWN: They're sparklers.

RUSH: Those are sparklers. Well, that's cool. Who's going to eat the cake? It certainly isn't going to be me.

DAWN: (laughing) I got my favorite. It's ice cream, since you're not having any.

RUSH: Oh, it's ice cream cake. Okay, go ahead. It's like a giant ice cream sandwich. Thanks, everybody, on the staff. It is our 21st anniversary tomorrow. On August 1st, 1988, we started the EIB Network.

END TRANSCRIPT

To the wicked, everything serves as pretext.
Voltaire

May 6, 2008
RUSH: Operation Chaos is balance to all of the fraud that is being committed throughout our electoral process. George Soros is tampering with our electoral process with a huge multibillion-dollar fortune. MoveOn.org is tampering with vast fundraising tentacles. The unions... I mean, who doesn't "tamper" with elections, if you want to get right down to it? Everybody tampers with elections because they're trying to influence the outcome. But I'm not a tamperer.

May 9, 2008
RUSH: Operation Chaos involves Republican operatives tampering in, messing around with, having fun in, Democrat elections

Forum List

Back