Taking Well-Meaning Pro Life Efforts Too Far

Mr. P said:
I sure am glad some of these folks haven't been able to gain access to my bedroom....YET..But their working on it. :rolleyes:

Ohohohoho! Just you wait! When our Lord and Master Karl Rove, and his puppet the Right Rev. George Bush execute their master plan, none will be spared! The 700 foot-tall Jesus robots will scour the land of heretics, vaporizing pharmacies and Planned Parenthood offices with their laser death beam eyes; and the Christian Police will have cameras installed in every bedroom, with profane sexual acts punishable by death! Repent! For the Glorious Uprising is nigh!

EDIT: ahhhhh. In all seriousness, if you can find one of my posts where I claimed that I want "access to your bedroom", tell me and I will apologize. I, quite frankly, could give a rat's a** about what you do in your bedroom. All I was saying is that I personally, for me alone, do not really approve of "the pill".

Yurt said:
"Culture of death"

You should read history and really understand what this means. The pagans of Britannia killed women/children at will when they attacked. I could go on, but the point is: to allow a supposed life form to stop from being born, due to horrible consequences, is not a "culture of death." One must truly understand the import of your statement before we accept it as lingo.

Duly noted. Thank you.

theim said:
But I tire of this. I have made each of my points at least twice, you have done the same. Obviously neither is going to change the other's mind. Would you beleive I got on this comuter and hour and a half ago with the intent of crushing a barbarian uprising in Gaul? I just haaaad to check this stupid board. Damn. Perhaps we will continue tomorrow.

True.. The only thing I will say to that is that experience is probably the only thing to change ones mind. We can both sit here and say what we would do, and no matter how emphatically stated, neither of us really knows until faced with the situation itself, and having to make the decision.

Johnney said:
hows that?
you tell me, if a woman was raped and that act produced a child, how was this life supposed to have been in the first place? did these people have some type of affair? did they plan it before the incident took place?
the life wasnt supposed to be.
if she kept it, then that was her decision.

Maybe due to the fact that out of a horrible event came a precious human life. And yes it was her decision to keep her daughter which shows me she has a lot of character. Many couples have babies that were not planned, true they weren't the product of rape although some could have been a product of forced sex between husband and wife, that means none of those babies are supposed to exist therefore their lives have no meaning or relevance???? Your saying all unplanned babies have no right to live??

Bonnie said:
Maybe due to the fact that out of a horrible event came a precious human life. And yes it was her decision to keep her daughter which shows me she has a lot of character. Many couples have babies that were not planned, true they weren't the product of rape although some could have been a product of forced sex between husband and wife, that means none of those babies are supposed to exist therefore their lives have no meaning or relevance???? Your saying all unplanned babies have no right to live??
there is a huge difference between unplanned and a rape baby.
what im saying is that the life created in the rape was a life that wasnt supposed to be. there was not connection between them that would had led to a sexual relation or one night stand, or an "opps".

so she kept the baby, good for her, give her a medal. im not saying all rape babies should be aborted. it should be an option for the female. if that makes me a monster, or sick, or whatever then so be it.

Johnny.. im not saying all rape babies should be aborted. it should be an option for the female. if that makes me a monster, or sick, or whatever then so be it.

Nor am I saying those that choose abortion in this situaton are horrible. I was only saying there are some women who have done the noble thing and are happy they did, it's not so unthinkable. Really this is a moot point because abortion will always be with us that's the reality, for more reasons than rape, that's the bottom line.

Forum List

Back