Taking votes from Romney?

I would hope, if Obama wins and Johnson pulls at least 5% that it would be a wake up call to the GOP. However that could backfire and push them to an even more extreme, Palin/Santorum kind of place

I don't have as much a problem with that.

Santorum and Palin understood that our real problem is that the middle class has been eroded. Or at least Palin did until she got gobs of money from Reality TV, anyway.

The GOP's biggest problem is that it's not down with working people. It's become a tool of Wall Street, and they've figured out that pushing the working class's buttons on race, sex and religion is a good way to distract it.

The pandering to religious zealots is sort of a side effect. I worry about it a little, but not a lot, because they've been doing it for 32 years, and the Zealots have exactly zip to show for it.

Every couple of years, you get the "Hey, wait a minute" from the working class wing- Santorum, Huckabee, Buchanan- but it gets slapped down pretty quickly.

I would hope, if Obama wins and Johnson pulls at least 5% that it would be a wake up call to the GOP. However that could backfire and push them to an even more extreme, Palin/Santorum kind of place

Santorum and Palin understood that our real problem is that the middle class has been eroded. Or at least Palin did until she got gobs of money from Reality TV, anyway.

The GOP's biggest problem is that it's not down with working people. It's become a tool of Wall Street, and they've figured out that pushing the working class's buttons on race, sex and religion is a good way to distract it.

The pandering to religious zealots is sort of a side effect. I worry about it a little, but not a lot, because they've been doing it for 32 years, and the Zealots have exactly zip to show for it.

Every couple of years, you get the "Hey, wait a minute" from the working class wing- Santorum, Huckabee, Buchanan- but it gets slapped down pretty quickly.

You mean every four years, don't you?

You mean every four years, don't you?

Sometimes during the midterms, too. I think the Gingrich Revolution and the TEA Party are examples of "Hey, Wait a Minute" where the manipulation has gotten out of control.

KDBC 4 CBS: Poll: Former NM Governor Johnson Hurting Romney

I wouldn't be at all suprised if Johnson walks away with 5% in November :) he has my vote. However, apparently he is pulling most of his voters from those likely to vote Romney.

I believe he's on the ballot in all the states.

That is assuming most Johnson voters would vote for Romney.

These folks are really desperate. Right now Obama only leads Romney by one percentage point and turns out that Romney has a fourteen point advantage with independents.

That's why the Obama media claimed this week that the race was over, 95 percent of Florida voters have already made up their mind and that 5 percent makes up undecideds or independents.

The left knows the numbers don't look good for them. They're gonna need a lot of dead people to vote to pull this one out.

I think that's exactly right. Who knows which way the party would go.

My daydream remains that the Palin/Santorum/Beck/Bachmann crowd forms a Christian party (give it a nice, benign name, something like the "Follow Us Or Burn Forever In The Fires Of Hell™" party) and get the hardcore vote. They'd probably think such a party would grab half the electorate. Fine, let 'em think that.

The GOP could turn into the fiscal conservative but socially moderate party and take many independents, the Dems would pretty much stay as they are, and perhaps that would even things out a bit.

Then my wife screams at me about something and screws up my daydream, crap.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be at all suprised if Johnson walks away with 5% in November :) he has my vote. However, apparently he is pulling most of his voters from those likely to vote Romney.

These folks are really desperate. Right now Obama only leads Romney by one percentage point and turns out that Romney has a fourteen point advantage with independents.

That's why the Obama media claimed this week that the race was over, 95 percent of Florida voters have already made up their mind and that 5 percent makes up undecideds or independents.

The left knows the numbers don't look good for them. They're gonna need a lot of dead people to vote to pull this one out.

I have never seen a dead person vote but I think it will be close no matter who wins.

Five Polls in the RCP average, and Romney doesn't lead in one of them...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

I think that's exactly right. Who knows which way the party would go.

My daydream remains that the Palin/Santorum/Beck/Bachmann crowd forms a Christian party (give it a nice, benign name, something like the "Follow Us Or Burn Forever In The Fires Of Hell™" party) and get the hardcore vote. They'd probably think such a party would grab half the electorate. Fine, let 'em think that.

The GOP could turn into the fiscal conservative but socially moderate party and take many independents, the Dems would pretty much stay as they are, and perhaps that would even things out a bit.

Then my wife screams at me about something and screws up my daydream, crap.

Yup......the right stays like it is and the Democraps drift further and further into being the party of "Vote for me or you're a racist".

I have never seen a dead person vote but I think it will be close no matter who wins.

It swung the election in the Democraps favor against John Thune the first time he ran.

It's why states are trying to purge their voter rolls of bogus registrations and dead people, and the cause of a discrimination lawsuits by the Obama Justice Department. You see the Obama Administration not only has the black vote, the free rubbers for everyone vote, the everybody is an American vote, but also the 6 feet under vote.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back