taking things to far....

this is a direct result of a multitude of people going left and right over columbine and others. zero tolerance policies were a complete mistake then and they are now. Its too bad we have to dig ourselves out of holes all the time.

it truly boogles the mind....money better spent elsewhere.....by the time this is done with...who knows how much right down the crapper..

hell is a cussword, at least it was when I was growing up.

Telling someone that they are going to hell certainly ain't 'playing nice with others'.

suspension is way over reacting.

damn that's an ugly kid...

I was right it was racism:

In Denver, for example, Black students make up 21% of the student population but account for 42% of suspensions and expulsions.In San Francisco, Blacks make up 16% of the student population and account for 52% of suspensions and expulsions.

In each of the 10 cities for which data are available, Black students were suspended or expelled at a rate higher than their population in the school district and white students were expelled or suspended at a rate lower than their population. Other cities included Austin,TX; Boston; Chicago; Columbia, SC; Durham, NC; Los Angeles; Phoenix;and Providence, RI.

Big D....in a earlier post you stated that the % of whites in LA is 29% the 2000 cencus I looked at stated a way different %......whats up? first a dog is racist and now a little girl? you need to really get a grip...this agenda you push so hard is starting to get old...

first a dog than a lil girl????? not happening!!!! No where in MY link was there any mention of what you state.....ie..no color involved...

yeah that was kind of retarded. but then again this is the new millenium. cant be having every kid say hell. that would lead to the moral down fall of America... or maybe she was quoting some bs in the bible.
lol

In 1962 I was suspended for telling a teacher that invited me to fox trot with her that I thought '''she was beautiful". Thanks to the good sense of my mother that reminded the Principal that I was only a 6th grader, my suspension was reversed. Some otherwise well meaning adults do indeed go a bit overboard and typify innocent events while ignoring the more serious ones.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
...zero tolerance policies were a complete mistake then and they are now.

Could not agree with you more DK. We are way over the top with this policy. :clap:

Originally posted by remie
Originally posted by DKSuddeth
...zero tolerance policies were a complete mistake then and they are now.

Could not agree with you more DK. We are way over the top with this policy. :clap:
i dont think they area mistake, they jsut need to know where to apply them. this is obviously some over zelous(sp?) bunch of buttheads

Originally posted by Johnney
i dont think they area mistake, they jsut need to know where to apply them. this is obviously some over zelous(sp?) bunch of buttheads

You probably have a point, but it seems to me they are misapplied more often than not with some ridiculous results. Some of the stories you read about kids being thrown out of school are beyond belief.

This case is in the same vein as the first grade boy who was suspended for kissing a girl because it was "sexual harrasment"

Zero tolerance policies are silly. A principal who not bound by such stupid rules would've told the child not to say "hell" in school, and that would've been the end of it.

But what the hell.

acludem

Forum List

Back