Taking Bin Laden’s Side

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
So, the AMERICAN people who OPPOSE this are NOW being COMPARED with Osama Bin Laden. how do you like that one folks? what a disgusting article.

By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF
Published: August 21, 2010

SNIP:
Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times
Nicholas D. Kristof
On the Ground
Share Your Comments About This Column
Nicholas Kristof addresses reader feedback and posts short takes from his travels.

Osama abhors the vision of interfaith harmony that the proposed Islamic center represents. He fears Muslim clerics who can cite the Koran to denounce terrorism.

It’s striking that many American Republicans share with Al Qaeda the view that the West and the Islamic world are caught inevitably in a “clash of civilizations.” Anwar al-Awlaki, the American-born cleric who recruits jihadis from his lair in Yemen, tells the world’s English-speaking Muslims that America is at war against Islam. You can bet that Mr. Awlaki will use the opposition to the community center and mosque to try to recruit more terrorists.

In short, the proposed community center is not just an issue on which Sarah Palin and Osama bin Laden agree. It is also one in which opponents of the center are playing into the hands of Al Qaeda.

These opponents seem to be afflicted by two fundamental misconceptions.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/opinion/22kristof.html?_r=2&src=me&ref=opinion

The lefties must be seriously scared of ordinary Americans to sink that low. But, their assertion is so laughable that anyone with an IQ over 10 will see straight through it. Of course, there will be the 'rdean' and 'truthmatters' borg that will jump all over it like ants at a picnic.

Osama Bin Laden attacked innocent Americans

Those opposed to the mosque are attacking innocent Americans.

The magnitude of the 2 crimes may differ, but the principle is EXACTLY the same.

Pheh...just another flame..er Op-Ed piece by the NYT.
No wonder they had to sell their building just to remain in business.

The magnitude of the 2 crimes may differ, but the principle is EXACTLY the same.

Wrong again numb nuts.
He hasn't set foot in murka since he was in college in Norte Carolinastan.
Al CIA duh attacked the nation formerly know as the United States of America. Now called murka.....or murkastan.

I gotta disagree. That's like saying murder and embezzlement are exactly the same because both are crimes.

And even that's a bad analogy because there is nothing against the law in opposing the mosque. It is not against the law to oppose a commercial building being built by your home either. The opponents may be reluctant, ignorant or bigoted, but they aren't unlawful.

Last edited:

Wrong again numb nuts.
He hasn't set foot in murka since he was in college in Norte Carolinastan.
Al CIA duh attacked the nation formerly know as the United States of America. Now called murka.....or murkastan.

If you're going to troll, at least be a funny troll.

You're full of shit and yourself sport. The principle is NOT exactly the same. But then when has any Statist LIB been ensconced in principle?

You idiots are all for letting the FOX into the henhouse. Yeah, you're really THAT stupid.

I gotta disagree. That's like saying murder and embezzlement are exactly the same because both are crimes.

And even that's a bad analogy because there is nothing against the law in opposing the mosque. It is not against the law to oppose a commercial building being built by your home either. The opponents may be reluctant, ignorant or bigoted, but they aren't unlawful.

Since I didn't say anything of the sort I don't know what you're talking about.

Not all crimes are against the law. People say 'it's a crime to this or that' all the time when they aren't talking about actual criminal violations of the law.

It's a crime to blame innocent people for what guilty people did, whether it's prosecutable or not.

btw, Bin Laden despises moderate Muslims like the Imam Rauf, so many of you have that in common with Bin Laden as well.

Not all crimes are against the law. People say 'it's a crime to this or that' all the time when they aren't talking about actual criminal violations of the law.

It's a crime to blame innocent people for what guilty people did, whether it's prosecutable or not.

btw, Bin Laden despises moderate Muslims like the Imam Rauf, so many of you have that in common with Bin Laden as well.

you REALLY are a disgusting piece of shit.
Islam has a name for someone like you and it AIN'T pretty, but FITTING FOR YOU.

Last edited:

And Never mind he is an America Hater that is traveling on OUR DIME.

You sir, are an IDIOT. He subscribes to the same 'Blame America ' crap that YOU subscribe to.

liberals1.jpg

Pull your head out of your ASS.

Oh sooooo not true!

I might disagree with your opinion. I might deem it important enough to highlight our disagreement. If I were running against you in an election I might even launch an "attack ad" against you. However, that is not even in the same universe as actually killing you just because we disagree (unless of course we disagree on whether you get to rape my daughter while I watch, you'll die for that one).

And just so you know before you go off on me, I agree that the mosque can be built as long as the group building it and the entities funding it follow the law. I disagree with any government action to block this outside of local government applying their own local community standards - the same local government that is allowing construction to move forward.

I do not agree with those who want the State the Federal government to step in and block the mosque.

That goofy guilt by association is stupid.

Bin Laden despised Bush. I gather you despised Bush also.

you REALLY are a disgusting piece of shit.
Islam has a name for someone like you and it AIN'T pretty, but FITTING FOR YOU.

LOL! So you admit you righties are on the same side as Bin Laden, you even refer to Islamic names for people.

:clap2:

I'm not sure he did. Bush helped Bin Laden recruit MANY terrorists. Bush helped in America's downfall. Two things I'm sure Bin Laden is very grateful and thankful to Bush for. Bin Laden said he wanted to bankrupt America. Bush certainly tried to make it happen with his unpaid for tax cuts for the rich, two wars and medicare part d. He added 6 trillion dollars to our national debt and the economy crashed at the end of his 8 year reign. Bin Laden is cheering for Bush's results.

Last edited:
I thought conservatives didn't think about Bin Laden anymore. That he was of "no concern".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id1GSEH5Wt4&feature=related]YouTube - Bush On Bin Laden I truly am not that concerned about him[/ame]

And let us remember that Bin Laden intended to terrorize us....make us afraid all the time....and those who are afraid of the Muslim community center are indeed terrorized.

I'm not sure he did.

Now you're just ignorant or being disingenuous:

Bin Laden Speaks to American People (washingtonpost.com)

Bush helped Bin Laden recruit MANY terrorists. Bush helped in America's downfall. Two things I'm sure Bin Laden is very grateful and thankful to Bush for. Bin Laden said he wanted to bankrupt America. Bush certainly tried to make it happen with his unpaid for tax cuts for the rich, two wars and medicare part d. He added 6 trillion dollars to our national debt and the economy crashed at the end of his 8 year reign. Bin Laden is cheering for Bush's results.

So along those lines I guess Bin Laden is really rooting for Obama then. He's spending more money we don't have faster and is turning Afghanistan into another - well - Afghanistan as perceived from a Soviet perspective.

Your canard about Bin Laden's recruiting is a bit naive and very revisionist. Bin Laden's greatest surge in power and recruits came in the 1990s, opposing President Bill Clinton. I certainly have criticisms about Clintont's law enforcement tactic, but I don't blame him for being the best tool Bin Laden had for recruiting - any leader in a prosperous USA was an effective recruiting tool for Bin Laden.

Forum List

Back