Taking Back Our Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
dilloduck said:
you bet----I like my new perspective--I have been looking ahead a bit here and see the next 4 years as being nothing but the same 2 parties whining about each other. Depressing. Nothing can be done about it between now and Nov but I guess I'm being like the little kid who walked into the room full of horse shit. There's gotta be a pony in here somewhere. A new leader and a new movement has a chance to grow outta this crap like a mushroom.

Good analogy.

dilloduck said:
you bet----I like my new perspective--I have been looking ahead a bit here and see the next 4 years as being nothing but the same 2 parties whining about each other. Depressing. Nothing can be done about it between now and Nov but I guess I'm being like the little kid who walked into the room full of horse shit. There's gotta be a pony in here somewhere. A new leader and a new movement has a chance to grow outta this crap like a mushroom.
My point exactly - gives us four years to do something about it and try and figure out a way to do it peacefully.

Hopefully in four years, there is something left worth fighting for.

HGROKIT said:
My point exactly - gives us four years to do something about it and try and figure out a way to do it peacefully.

Hopefully in four years, there is something left worth fighting for.

you actually succeeded in getting me to read the CPs' platform. I like a lot of it but it seems a bit unrealistic when it comes to WOT and domestic security. Do you feel comfortable being this isolated?

dilloduck said:
you actually succeeded in getting me to read the CPs' platform. I like a lot of it but it seems a bit unrealistic when it comes to WOT and domestic security. Do you feel comfortable being this isolated?
Still chewing on that one. However, I keep going back to the founding and what the original intentions were.

Seems we go around sticking our noses into allot of places we probably shouldn't. None of which has anything to do with our own defense, but everything to do with capitolistic gains and not of our country but of big corps and SI.

sounds better all the time.

The problem I see with the conservative movement is that there seems to be very little "movement". Conservatives APPEAR to have no positive goals to spout off about compared with the liberals. Liberals at least have positive stuff to promote like helping the poor, saving the environment, and bringing about world peace. But the conservatives just have a "let's get back to the good old days" mentality. IMHO they need to figure out a way to "sell" the conservative movement.

Not to mention impeach half the judges and get some better leadership.

ScreamingEagle said:
...Liberals at least have positive stuff to promote like helping the poor, saving the environment, and bringing about world peace...
But none of that stuff is what we were formed for - so the promotion should be what? "Let's get back to the good ole days" is one way of looking at it.

Its all about progression. status quo and keeping things the same leads to stagnation. The problem that the liberals face is they are pushing it all at once. Thats not going to work.

My point is, theres compromise with both sides that can lead to decent progression without all the animosity and discontent that comes from resistance.

ScreamingEagle said:
The problem I see with the conservative movement is that there seems to be very little "movement". Conservatives APPEAR to have no positive goals to spout off about compared with the liberals. Liberals at least have positive stuff to promote like helping the poor, saving the environment, and bringing about world peace. But the conservatives just have a "let's get back to the good old days" mentality. IMHO they need to figure out a way to "sell" the conservative movement.

Not to mention impeach half the judges and get some better leadership.

Are you serious? All libs have to offer is glittering generalities. When it comes to policy, it's raise taxes and pander to the base emotions of envy. They play the race card, the class warfare card, the whole divisive deck.

The vision conservatives offer is one of individual liberty, personal responsiblity, national security.

Isolationism and protectionism are suicide. This constitutionalists party is wreckless and irresponsible.

rtwngAvngr said:
Isolationism and protectionism are suicide. This constitutionalists party is wreckless and irresponsible.
Says you.

What do you call what the Repubs and Dems have been bringing us the past 20 or so years, safety and responsibility?

DK's post a few up was correct in the point that neither side can find room to compromise from their respective extremes and therefor the devisiveness.

I see no vision from the Republican pary any more - it all about beating the Democrats - no matter the cost. Politics is no longer about ideologies for the country, but ideologies about what can "I" get out of it. How much "power" can "I"/"WE" weild.

No, there needs to be a significant change in direction.

Other than DK - who actuall made some sense to me - where are all the other liberals that usually post on USMB. No thoughts on taking our government and giving it back to the people?

HGROKIT said:
Other than DK - who actuall made some sense to me - where are all the other liberals that usually post on USMB. No thoughts on taking our government and giving it back to the people?

HG - put down the bong!

A lot of us agree with you, but we are also realists and realize that there is really only one way to get rid of the system we have and that is through an armed revolution.

Peaceful means MIGHT work, but I doubt it. The system is too corrupt as it is and too many jobs rely on the system staying the way it is.

As I have said, too many in this country are putting their personal needs above the needs of the nation. And frankly, you and I both are probably just as guilty as everybody else in that regard.

freeandfun1 said:
HG - put down the bong!

A lot of us agree with you, but we are also realists and realize that there is really only one way to get rid of the system we have and that is through an armed revolution.

Peaceful means MIGHT work, but I doubt it. The system is too corrupt as it is and too many jobs rely on the system staying the way it is.

As I have said, too many in this country are putting their personal needs above the needs of the nation. And frankly, you and I both are probably just as guilty as everybody else in that regard.
Hehehehe - quit tokin' when I quit drinkin'.

I have arms, when do we travel!

I no longer have personal needs beyond shelter and food - so bring it on.

HGROKIT said:
Hehehehe - quit tokin' when I quit drinkin'.

I have arms, when do we travel!

I no longer have personal needs beyond shelter and food - so bring it on.

Hey, I am ready!

Isn't it sad though.... just 10 years ago you never would have heard normal, every day guys like us talking about revolution. It is sad that the nation has sunk to such a low point.

HGROKIT said:
Says you.

What do you call what the Repubs and Dems have been bringing us the past 20 or so years, safety and responsibility?

DK's post a few up was correct in the point that neither side can find room to compromise from their respective extremes and therefor the devisiveness.

I see no vision from the Republican pary any more - it all about beating the Democrats - no matter the cost. Politics is no longer about ideologies for the country, but ideologies about what can "I" get out of it. How much "power" can "I"/"WE" weild.

No, there needs to be a significant change in direction.

Take your revolutionary rhetoric back to superchicken's coop.

Economic protectionism and isolationsim are bad policies. We cannot afford to just ignore everything that goes on in the world. Not in a era of icbms.

The COnstitutionalist party is a perversion.

rtwngAvngr said:

Economic protectionism and isolationsim are bad policies. We cannot afford to just ignore everything that goes on in the world. Not in a era of icbms.

That a semi personal statement I will let go provided you explain your point of view and ensure that is on topic and on point.

No one including me has posted anything about "protectionism" or "isolationism" in this thread.

You comment about the "superchicken coop" was uncalled for and the meaning of which did not escape me. I have read your posts for some time and as usual, your methodology is to go personal when you have nothing to say.

So with all politeness that I can muster, Fuck Off.

HGROKIT said:
That a semi personal statement I will let go provided you explain your point of view and ensure that is on topic and on point.

No one including me has posted anything about "protectionism" or "isolationism" in this thread.

You comment about the "superchicken coop" was uncalled for and the meaning of which did not escape me. I have read your posts for some time and as usual, your methodology is to go personal when you have nothing to say.

So with all politeness that I can muster, Fuck Off.

easy there man. The constitutionalist party espouses economic protectionism and political isolationism. That's a fact. Don't take it personally. Both of those are bad policies.

If we isolate ourselves economically, our corporations will fail to compete on an international level. In a nuclear era, we cannot allow madmen bent on our destruction to acquire nuclear devices; that's why political and military isolation are bad. This is the world we live in. The constitutionalists party has dangerous and naive ideas, so do the libertarians, in my opinion. Deal with it.

rtwngAvngr said:

this particular point of discussion isn't about economics, its about the creeping tyranny of a government gone power mad.

rtwngAvngr said:
easy there man. The constitutionalist party espouses economic protectionism and political isolationism. That's a fact. Don't take it personally. Both of those are bad policies.

If we isolate ourselves economically, our corporations will fail to compete on an international level. In a nuclear era, we cannot allow madmen bent on our destruction to acquire nuclear devices; that's why political and military isolation are bad. This is the world we live in. The constitutionalists party has dangerous and naive ideas, so do the libertarians, in my opinion. Deal with it.
No, you deal with it. You jump into a thread that has been going on all day - with some fairly decent intercourse - not really aware of what has been stated and start with your crap.

And I certainly don't need you telling me how to go "easy there man".

You come to a thread, bring salient points that are on topic - not bullshit and rhetoric of an opinionated nature - and yo might get others to listen to what you have to say.

Otherwise, the closing sentence of my prior post in response to you remains the same.

HGROKIT said:
No, you deal with it. You jump into a thread that has been going on all day - with some fairly decent intercourse - not really aware of what has been stated and start with your crap.

And I certainly don't need you telling me how to go "easy there man".

You come to a thread, bring salient points that are on topic - not bullshit and rhetoric of an opinionated nature - and yo might get others to listen to what you have to say.

Otherwise, the closing sentence of my prior post in response to you remains the same.

My arguments are good and I stand behind them. WHy don't you address my points instead of flying off the handle and getting personal. Lighten up, Francis!
:mm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back