Taking Back Our Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
In another thread, I wrote about taking back our country from those that are erroding our freedom and using terrorism and other fear tactics to justify doing so. Intially we say "ok, I can buy that, it is only a small inconvenience" until several little incoveniences ad up to one big lump of mouse shit.

There are two ways we can take back our freedoms. 1) The revolutionary means of our founders. But that might get me arrested for sedition so instead we try a novel approach 2) We set aside partisan bullshit and support and elect those whe have the same vision and convictions as the rest of us interested in restoring our nation to what it once used to be.

Taking Back America - The Truth!
By JB Williams (07/07/2004)

Some believe that our system needs to be re-written. But the fact is our current system is not working well only because the American people are not properly utilizing the system that was specifically designed to keep them in control.

Many have recently asked whether or not Iraq is ready to self-govern? It appears the same question should be asked of American’s, since half of them have not participated in self governance for some years now.

Self-governance is an awesome blessing, but it carries with it an awesome responsibility. First and foremost, that responsibility is to participate in the process at any cost. As we have seen, when the people won’t govern themselves, politicians will happily fill the void.

In order to effectively self-govern, “take back America”, the American people must face a few facts, and respond accordingly, employing ten simple rules of self-governance in America circa 2004.

http://www.americandaily.com/article/3741

HGROKIT said:
In another thread, I wrote about taking back our country from those that are erroding our freedom and using terrorism and other fear tactics to justify doing so. Intially we say "ok, I can buy that, it is only a small inconvenience" until several little incoveniences ad up to one big lump of mouse shit.

There are two ways we can take back our freedoms. 1) The revolutionary means of our founders. But that might get me arrested for sedition so instead we try a novel approach 2) We set aside partisan bullshit and support and elect those whe have the same vision and convictions as the rest of us interested in restoring our nation to what it once used to be.

http://www.americandaily.com/article/3741
Excellant site !!! I needed that ty!

HGROKIT said:

three HUGE problems with either of those two.

1) by means of revolution you inevitably will have to conquer the factions that actually side with the current government. That means you'll have to fight them as well.

2) by means of electing different representatives, you have to defeat the major parties who still have a set belief in those parties claims for america. Thats 2 enemies besides the current government.

3) You actually have to find people that can be independent, have the same beliefs for america you do, and can be strong and stay in the government office as you try to find more that can survive reason number 2 above.

DKSuddeth said:

1) by means of revolution you inevitably will have to conquer the factions that actually side with the current government. That means you'll have to fight them as well.

2) by means of electing different representatives, you have to defeat the major parties who still have a set belief in those parties claims for america. Thats 2 enemies besides the current government.

3) You actually have to find people that can be independent, have the same beliefs for america you do, and can be strong and stay in the government office as you try to find more that can survive reason number 2 above.
No one ever said it would be easy. How long did it take to get us where we are right now?

If one has a defeatist attitude, then this thing will never take off. However, if we continue down this current path, it will not be long before the America of our founders is nothing more than a memory. I am not prepared to watch that happen. To me it is amazing what I have witnessed just within the past 20 years or so.

DKSuddeth said:

oh you optimist you. Did you think we could have a revolution without a fight?
:2guns:

I just sold my house in Vegas and am considering moving out into the mountains and becomming a hermit.

pardon my liberal side of peace. It has to come out from time to time. :slap:

but I know that a bloody fight is the only way to it. When the time comes, I'll lead myself and any who choose to follow me may join. I'm sure we'll meet each other on the way. :usa:

DKSuddeth said:
It didn't work for Randy Weaver, but good luck buddy. :beer:

Well, I won't take it to his extreme. But I am wanting to get a place out of town so that I can get away from time to time. I will always have to keep a home in the city. My wife will leave me otherwise! :spank3:

DKSuddeth said:
pardon my liberal side of peace. It has to come out from time to time. :slap:

but I know that a bloody fight is the only way to it. When the time comes, I'll lead myself and any who choose to follow me may join. I'm sure we'll meet each other on the way. :usa:
I hear you. I also hold out slim hope that it can be done peacefully. But one way or another, it has to happen - the consequences of inaction are unfathomable.

I have also been thinking about your party argument. I think it can cross and survive party lines if the case is made strong enough. There are those in both parties that are centrist enough in their beliefs I believe.

If not, a movement of like minded individuals can form their own party - or join existing ones that have similar beliefs - and there are a couple. They just need support to get going.

freeandfun1 said:
Well, I won't take it to his extreme. But I am wanting to get a place out of town so that I can get away from time to time. I will always have to keep a home in the city. My wife will leave me otherwise! :spank3:

Get a place in TX---we're pretty independent minded---hell - we've been a country--(we got a lot of guns too)

HGROKIT said:
I hear you. I also hold out slim hope that it can be done peacefully. But one way or another, it has to happen - the consequences of inaction are unfathomable.

I have also been thinking about your party argument. I think it can cross and survive party lines if the case is made strong enough. There are those in both parties that are centrist enough in their beliefs I believe.

If not, a movement of like minded individuals can form their own party - or join existing ones that have similar beliefs - and there are a couple. They just need support to get going.

Look, the current political climate is an indictment of America. Too many Americans (myself included?) want to be on the winning side. Therefore, they pick the party they most can most closely "associate" with and they support that party to the end.

I agree that most of us are centrists, but the way the system is set up, it does not allow for centrism. So some kind of major shakeup MUST occur, or nothing will change.

dilloduck said:
Get a place in TX---we're pretty independent minded---hell - we've been a country--(we got a lot of guns too)

I was considering it, but after spending two weeks being eat'n alive by mosquitos, "no-see-ums" and chiggers, all while putting up with gawdawful humidity, I decided against moving home. West Texas is nice, but too far from civilization for my wife. She needs to live within at most, 3 hours from a major city. It is in her blood.

I still might end up in Texas as I really would love to, but then again, once you get used to the dryness and the lack of bugs (chiggers, nats, mosquitos, etc.) it is hard to move someplace where you gotta put up with that stuff.

freeandfun1 said:
Look, the current political climate is an indictment of America. Too many Americans (myself included?) want to be on the winning side. Therefore, they pick the party they most can most closely "associate" with and they support that party to the end.

I agree that most of us are centrists, but the way the system is set up, it does not allow for centrism. So some kind of major shakeup MUST occur, or nothing will change.

Free, precisely my point. I am thinking that when the founding documents were drawn up, there were opinions of varying degree and philosphy. But these men were able to put some of their beliefs aside and compromise on what would be of most benefit to the many and not to the few.

This is what must occur now! The shakeup you speak of. When I mention centrism - I do so to exclude the extreme whackos on both sides of the ailse. But speaking of aisles' why does there only have to be one with two sides?

HGROKIT said:
Free, precisely my point. I am thinking that when the founding documents were drawn up, there were opinions of varying degree and philosphy. But these men were able to put some of their beliefs aside and compromise on what would be of most benefit to the many and not to the few.

This is what must occur now! The shakeup you speak of. When I mention centrism - I do so to exclude the extreme whackos on both sides of the ailse. But speaking of aisles' why does there only have to be one with two sides?

The elites of this country have set up the system the way that they have so that they only have to win the support of a minority of Americans to retain power. I agree that something has to be done - but HOW? Don't say a third party as time and time again it is proven they won't work. Why? Cuz too many people in this country put their personal needs first.

freeandfun1 said:
I was considering it, but after spending two weeks being eat'n alive by mosquitos, "no-see-ums" and chiggers, all while putting up with gawdawful humidity, I decided against moving home. West Texas is nice, but too far from civilization for my wife. She needs to live within at most, 3 hours from a major city. It is in her blood.

I still might end up in Texas as I really would love to, but then again, once you get used to the dryness and the lack of bugs (chiggers, nats, mosquitos, etc.) it is hard to move someplace where you gotta put up with that stuff.

santa fe or taos new mexico are great places for the climate you like.

DKSuddeth said:
santa fe or taos new mexico are great places for the climate you like.

Yeah, we have been considering NM. I heard that Truth or Consequences, NM was rated the place with the best climate to live in America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back