Taken

Terry

Shut the $%$ Up!
Jan 15, 2009
Synopsis:
Former government operative Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) begins the longest 96-hours of his life – and the hunt for the fearsome organization that has taken his daughter Kim (Maggie Grace).

I watched it and I wouldn't pay money to see it. Wait until it is released on Video or HBO.

I rate it a 3 of out 10 (ten being the best)

Well the story is, his daughter goes off to Europe with her friend. The dad is a retired CIA agent. He didnt' want his daughter to go, but his X wife pressured him to say yes. She goes, and is taken by Russian Mob to sell as a sex slave. The first 45 minutes is to tell you all that! Then he goes off to find her, so unrealistic. Not one bullet finds it's mark. LOL Not a long chase scene either.

It's just blah! A decent made for TV type movie but nothing I would go to the movie theater over.

Sounds kind of implausible to me.

The Russian Mafia abducts American tourists in Paris to turn them into sex slaves?

Like they can't find Russian girls and woman so they have to go after American tourists in Paris?!

I hate stupid plots.

For all the money it costs to make a movie, you'd think they'd spend a few extra bucks and buy a plot that makes sense, wouldn't you?

Last edited:
It's not worth paying the 7 to 15 bucks depending on where you live to see this movie. Yeah like I said, it's ok for video rental or watch it on HBO but to pay money for it. You'll walk out of the theater saying "I should have gone to see that other movie".

Sounds kind of implausible to me.

The Russian Mafia abducts American tourists in Paris to turn them into sex slaves?

Like they can't find Russian girls and woman so they have to go after American tourists in Paris?!

I hate stupid plots.

For all the money it costs to make a movie, you'd think they'd spend a few extra bucks and buy a plot that makes sense, wouldn't you?

Well according to the movie, the mob started abducting tourists because it was cheaper, saved money on traveling costs. They would abduct them in Paris, and put them to work right away.

Having said that, the movie is posted online for free. Definitely a solid action movie..

I liked the movie a lot, except for the acting of the daughter. But very exciting and action packed.

Two types of action movies I look for:

1. Those based on realistic plots and/or actual events.
2. Far-fetched action fantasy where the biggest mistake the bad guys made was waking up because they sure as hell ain't gonna make it to the end of the day.

Taken falls under category number 2. I didn't even stop a moment to look at the plausibility of the plot or the realism of the action sequences. I knew going in that this was just a slam-bang, find creative ways to beat up and/or kill the bad guys type of movie, and I wasn't disappointed one bit.

:thup::thup::thup:

Forum List

Back