Take your medication at the right time of day or it might not work, scientis

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
The time of day or night might become an important factor in determining when to take a prescription drug according to a study showing that different parts of the body become active at different times on a 24-hour biological clock.

Scientists have for the first time mapped the daily and nightly patterns of gene activity in a dozen organs and tissues around the body and found wide unexpected variations that could affect any drugs targeted at those parts of the body.

The liver has turned out to have the strongest 24-hour cycle, being most active in the late evening just before midnight, while the genes of the adrenal glands have the highest activity in the early morning, just after 6am, the study found.

Take your medication at the right time of day or it might not work scientists say - Health News - Health Families - The Independent

Always worth reminding people I suppose but this is old news. Of course meds need to be taken at specific intervals. But it's not the time as that varies by time zone, it's the interval more than time on a clock.

• Banned
It's new news to me, not old. Otherwise I would not have posted it.

As for the time zones, when is the true time of the body clock? It's true circadian rhythm. I should imagine it adapts to light and dark, wherever one is on the planet.

Forum List

Back