Take that, "The Mentalist!"

Big_D

Jul 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Over four years ago Psych aired with the premise of a fake psychic using his powers of observation to solve crimes. Years later, The Mentalist aired with the exact same premise. How can their creator literally steal the same idea and pan it off as their own? I'm not saying the Mentalist is a bad show, it is just a complete knock off. I am a bit late with this but in an episode of Psych, it would appear that the writers a little fun at the Mentalist's expense:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qf8M57we1I]YouTube - Psych is like The Mentalist[/ame]

Eat it, mentalist!

Ticked me off when the Mentalist came along too. Psych is a pretty good little show on USA that is almost unknown. Ripping it off while it was still on the air is just stupid.

Scrubs riffed on Grey's Anatomy a few times for the same reason.

If you're not watching Psych, you should. Go to iTunes and buy the best of scrubs episode collection, especially "Scary Sherri: Bianca's Toast" and "Shawn (and Gus) of the Dead." That's the first and second season finales and they're both awesome *fist bump*.

Better cast in The Mentalist. Sorry, I love The Mentalist as well. Simon Baker is good in that part.

Forum List

Back