Take THAT, militant Islam

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
Afghan soldiers allegedly behead 4 Taliban
Slaying of Afghan soldier avenged, commander says

A senior Afghan militia commander alleged Wednesday that troops from Afghanistan’s U.S.-trained national army beheaded four Taliban fighters to avenge the similar slaying of an Afghan soldier and a military interpreter.

The killings occurred Monday in southeastern Zabul province, said Naimatullah Khan, the commander of government militias in the region. U.S. troops were not present at the time, Khan said.

Afghan National Army troops sent to look for an interpreter and soldier who became separated from a combined Afghan-U.S. force found their corpses and severed heads on a mountainside, Khan said. Four Taliban fighters were later caught in a search of the area, he said.

“The ANA soldiers did the same thing. They cut off their heads,” Khan said. He said the corpses of the suspected Taliban were left where they lay, but had no further details.

msnbc link

Whew, had to read the article. I was glad it wasn't our troops that did this, it was the Afghani troops, trained by US. On one hand I believe that it may be necessary to fight them the same way they are fighting us. However, there is something too barbaric about this whole thing, though I fear we are becoming desensitized to it all. Perhaps that's a good thing?

Gotta feeling we're gonna see a lot more of this. I've heard it has been going on in the Balkans for some time now. Guess Westerners will get a more glimpses than we want to of Muslim behavior.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Whew, had to read the article. I was glad it wasn't our troops that did this, it was the Afghani troops, trained by US. On one hand I believe that it may be necessary to fight them the same way they are fighting us. However, there is something too barbaric about this whole thing, though I fear we are becoming desensitized to it all. Perhaps that's a good thing?

I'm glad it wasn't US troops also. Main reason that this is good, its muslim troops (afghani's) using Islam to show the terrorists that they are not supporting the 'jihad'.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I'm glad it wasn't US troops also. Main reason that this is good, its muslim troops (afghani's) using Islam to show the terrorists that they are not supporting the 'jihad'.

I see and acknowledge your point. I still have visions of Vlad the Impaler and the Dark Ages. ~shiver~

http://www.vladtepes.8k.com/page3.html

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Now I could have sworn you weren't even in your 40's. :p:

:p: Lots you know! Had to write a paper on this back in the 90's. He was part, (though I don't think he was actually evil, of a history class we nicknamed, "The History of Evil".

Originally posted by Kathianne
However, there is something too barbaric about this whole thing, though I fear we are becoming desensitized to it all. Perhaps that's a good thing?

That's what worries me. On the one hand you weep for the innocent, but on the other I'd like to be in control of an AC-130 right now, with a few tactial nukes and moabs on the side.....

I need a vacation:D

Walt Williams: http://www.townhall.com/columnists/walterwilliams/printww20040623.shtml

The Muslim world is at war with Western civilization. We have the military might to thwart them. The question is: Do we have the intelligence to recognize the attack and the will to defend ourselves from annihilation?...

...You say, "Williams, you can't make an indictment of a whole people and their religion!" I'm not, and let me clearly state: By no means are all Muslims murderers. But on the other hand, I've never heard broad Muslim condemnation of their fellow Muslims' murderous acts committed in the name of their God. If anything, there has been jubilation and dancing in the streets in the wake of Muslim attacks on Westerners. Contrast their response to the widespread Western condemnation of the, mild by comparison, behavior of a few coalition forces in Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison.

Muslim atrocities, and the collective Muslim response to those atrocities, might be better understood knowing their belief system as spelled out by a few, among many, passages from the Quran: "Fight those who do not believe in Allah" (Surat At-Taubah 9:29). "I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers, Smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips of them" (Quran 8:12). "The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures" (Quran 98:1-8). "Fight against those who believe not in Allah, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (Islam), until they are subdued" (Surat At-Taubah 9:29).

...My colleague Dr. Thomas Sowell observes, "Those in the Islamic world have for centuries been taught to regard themselves as far superior to the 'infidels' of the West, while everything they see with their own eyes now tells them otherwise." He adds, "Nowhere have whole peoples seen their situation reversed more visibly or more painfully than the peoples of the Islamic world." Sowell adds that few people, once at the top of civilization, accept their reversals of fortune gracefully. Moreover, they don't blame themselves for their plight. For the Muslim world, it's the West who's to blame.

History never repeats itself exactly, but we might benefit from the knowledge of factors leading to the decline of past great civilizations. Rome was one of those advanced civilizations. Rome was so caught up in "bread and circuses" and moral decline that it couldn't manage to defend itself from invading barbaric hordes who ultimately plunged Europe into the Dark Ages. The sooner we recognize the West is in a war for survival, the more likely we'll be able to escape the fate that befell the Roman Empire.

Forum List

Back