Take That, Gregoire!

kind of classless for a commencement. If it was reversed, would you all feel the same way?

musicman said:
As opposed to the delicate treatment afforded conservative speakers? Come on!
I don't consider that full of class either, but thats just me.

I guess if you can't beat em, join em?

SmarterThanYou said:
I don't consider that full of class either, but thats just me.

I guess if you can't beat em, join em?

"Joining them" would entail salad dressing and questions about butt-f***ing. Liberals have a decided edge when it comes to nastiness, and repression of speech.

musicman said:
"Joining them" would entail salad dressing and questions about butt-f***ing. Liberals have a decided edge when it comes to nastiness, and repression of speech.
theres just a slight difference between giving a speech at a scheduled performance and a commencement or some other solemn ceremony, at least in my mind.

by your reasoning can i assume that you would have thought that a bunch of people with letters spelling out 'is it hot down there' at ronald reagans funeral would have been just a 'tit for tat' thing?

i would certainly hope not.

SmarterThanYou said:
theres just a slight difference between giving a speech at a scheduled performance and a commencement or some other solemn ceremony, at least in my mind.

by your reasoning can i assume that you would have thought that a bunch of people with letters spelling out 'is it hot down there' at ronald reagans funeral would have been just a 'tit for tat' thing?

Pull out the stick and laugh, friend! :)
:D

SmarterThanYou said:

You hold conservatives to a different standard, Smarter.

musicman said:
You hold conservatives to a different standard, Smarter.
actually, I hold most people to a higher standard than they choose to do themselves. You are only perceiving that I hold conservatives to a higher standard because I don't expect that much out of most of the rabid liberals anymore. I do, however, expect that conservatives live up to most of their 'moral high ground' that they continually like to claim they have if they choose to continue to hold my respect.

SmarterThanYou said:
actually, I hold most people to a higher standard than they choose to do themselves.

I wish you luck.

SmarterThanYou said:
You are only perceiving that I hold conservatives to a higher standard because I don't expect that much out of most of the rabid liberals anymore.

You could have fooled me. Democrats - no matter how insane or hypocritical - seem to get a free pass from you, while Republicans get pilloried under halogen lights for being human beings.

SmarterThanYou said:
I do, however, expect that conservatives live up to most of their 'moral high ground' that they continually like to claim they have if they choose to continue to hold my respect.

I don't think they'd get your respect no matter what they did, Smarter. You don't like them - it's plain to see.

musicman said:
You could have fooled me. Democrats - no matter how insane or hypocritical - seem to get a free pass from you, while Republicans get pilloried under halogen lights for being human beings.
The only time I have sided with the democrats specifically is with the judicial issue and thats more a matter of coincidence, otherwise I haven't really come across a democrat in the last couple of years that are worth my ire, much less my concern. I can see how that would look like a free pass to you though, but trust me, I'm laughing and shaking my head silently right along with all of you at them.

musicman said:
I don't think they'd get your respect no matter what they did, Smarter. You don't like them - it's plain to see.
Thats simply not true. I hold Tom Tancredo, Ron Paul, John Mccain, and Mike Burgess (thats my us congressman here in TX) to name just a few, in high regard. There are others that I would respect more except they let the current republican leadership run roughshod over their normally common sense conservatism with extreme leadership loyalty even in the face of complete wrongness. If you wish to look at my criticism of the republican leadership as total hatred of conservatives, well thats not really my problem. That doesn't mean that I don't like you though.

-=d=- said:
why are we assuming those young people are all 'Republican'?
and thats a pretty good point, but we all make assumptions regarding these things, like all war protesters are vehemently liberal.

SmarterThanYou said:

I think the circumstance is a bit different. First, Gregoire was speaking at a graduation; the college students were not at her funeral. Second, there was never any doubt that Reagan was elected; there is plenty of doubt about Gregoire's election.

SmarterThanYou said:

You are comparing a violent act of pie throwing with speech? I thought you were smarter than us?

You see, this I why I am trying to move back to the NW. Be it Seattle, Salem, Portland, people can be funny as all that up there. Unfortunately, it is the libs who get the most news. However, when I move back up there I will join forces with all the other NW members on this board and we will crush the Empire Rebellion. The Republic will not be conquered, we will be victorious.... yes honey, I will be quiet now.... :bye1:

New Topics

Forum List

Back