Take out "You didn't build that...." sentence

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
Take out this part of the quote, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.

"If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive [DELETE]....Somebody invested in roads and bridges. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

If the President had left this part out about small business owners "not building their business," he would have had a great speech. The reality is that the US was founded by small business owners and wanted to build a capitalist economy whereby small business owners and entrepreneurs could build a business and the government would support them, not vice versa. Obama has said that he wants to fundamentally transform America and redistribute to everyone (see Joe the Plumber).

Telling a small business owner, entrepreneur, or other risk taker that they did not build something...IN ANY CONTEXT, is not going to sit well among middle of the roaders and swing voters. The partisan Leftist sheeple calling everyone morons who question why the President would make such a statement are only making things worse.

Forum List

Back