Take from the rich, give to the poor... ehhh?

GRX Dragon

Meijin Ryuu
Sep 2, 2009
Savannah, G.A.
I searched but didn't see this article posted yet.

google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gfNT3LxcGEfQwlRxT2DI27WULuTgD9ADDD102

Annual federal financial disclosure forms give a glimpse into Sen. Edward Kennedy's wealth at the time of his death. Kennedy, like other members of Congress, was required to report assets held by himself, his wife and any dependents.

2008 report:

_Publicly traded assets included two trusts valued between $5-$25 million and four valued between $1-$5 million; one asset valued between $500,000 and $1 million; and another two dozen assets valued under $250,000, with the majority of those between $1,000 and $15,000.

_The trusts include several established by his father Joseph P. Kennedy, including two for Kennedy, one for his late brother, Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr., and one each for his late sisters, Kathleen Kennedy Hartington and Rosemary Kennedy.

_Kennedy also reported non-publicly traded assets valued between $100,000-$250,000 and land in Lafayette, LA valued between $500,000 and $1 million.
(Quote truncated for copyright reasons.)

So yeah, take from the rich, give to the poor...?

(Mods, move this post to the Politics forum... I clicked the wrong forum! ...unless this is okay.)

Last edited:
Why do you hate rich people?

Nice red-herring and strawman arguments! You should be so proud of yourself to being able to put together an irrelevant conclusion by misrepresenting someone else's argument.

The very fact we have here is like the mass majority of the liberal authoritarian party called the Democrats whom seem to have no problem raising taxes on other people, but not even for a second would think about donating their own money when they're nothing more than rich pigs themselves.

I'm not understanding this argument fully. Did Ted Kenney do something wrong by being rich? Do you have any idea how many charities and how much money Kennedy donated to??

I'll give you a hint: He donated more money to charities in the past year than income you will ever make in your entire life.

I'm not understanding this argument fully. Did Ted Kenney do something wrong by being rich? Do you have any idea how many charities and how much money Kennedy donated to??

I'll give you a hint: He donated more money to charities in the past year than income you will ever make in your entire life.

Surely, you'd be able to post a link or two then.

And I already said I have no problem with people being rich, my problem is with those like Ted Kennedy that while rich don't give money to charities yet demand that everyone else gets taxed. But of course, any typical fan of taxes is going to ignore that.

Last edited:
Basically the Kennedys various foundations sponsor a lot of charitable activities. If they operate like most liberal non profits however the pimary purpose isn't to help the poor unless you consider supporting the liberal agenda helping the poor which it isn't.

Further our current tax system doesn't penalize old money. What it does do is make the creation of new wealth very difficult

Last edited:

Forum List

Back