Take A Look

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
The photos are at her website
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/005321.htm

UK TIMES SMEARS OUR MARINES
By Michelle Malkin · June 03, 2006 10:49 AM

Look very carefully at the photo featured in the UK Times's report from June 1, 2006 titled "Massacre Marines blinded by hate:" (big hat tip - Joe G.)

If you are left with the impression that the dead bodies on the ground were massacred by our Marines, that is exactly what the Times intends. Note the caption: "Victims in al-Haditha. The US is carrying out two inquiries (AP)."

Now, look at this photo closely:

It is clearly the same location. The same set of dead bodies. The second is a wider shot with three additional bodies in the foreground.

But guess what? The photo, according to this Newsweek caption of the scene, is not of the Nov. 19 incident in Haditha involving our Marines, as the UK Times would have you believe.

Read the caption:

"Insurgents in Haditha executed 19 Shiite fishermen and National Guardsmen in a sports stadium."

Our Marines did not kill these people.

The terrorists did.

But guess what? The photo, according to this Newsweek caption of the scene, is not of the Nov. 19 incident in Haditha involving our Marines, as the UK Times would have you believe.

Read the caption:

"Insurgents in Haditha executed 19 Shiite fishermen and National Guardsmen in a sports stadium."

Our Marines did not kill these people.

The terrorists did.

The worst part is that Newsweek probably wishes they did.

Again, the MSM is busy convicting Marines before there is even a trial. If an individual went around trying to form a lynch mob to get some Dem/Lib, the press would be screaming about constitutional rights! Where the heck is the ACLU? Why aren't they hollering about the inftingemnet of the Marine's rights to a fair trial?

Posting a long litany of incidents where some lib/Dem were supposedly denied their rights wont change the blatant hypocracy we are seeing regarding the Marines.

The press can report on trials as much as they want, sometimes is helps the guilty, sometimes it hurts the guilty. Sometimes it helps the innocent sometimes it hurts the innocent to be in the press.

Since Michael Jackson or Rush had to endure press coverage so do the marines or police or anyone.

The attention grabbing misleading headlines of the press are a disgrace though like in the case of the times. Letters to their arbitors could increase the pressure
to have a more balanced approach.

nosarcasam
:scratch: Did you go and look at the PHOTOS?
That was the purpose of the post..
The times inserted a photo of a bunch of people that they KNEW where slaughtered by the terrorist, and then went on to say our marines did it.
They tried to say it was a mistake...
I don't believe it was. They've done this kind of shit before and was caught..
I wrote them a letter, telling them what I think of their dirty tricks and that they now would get a lot of our military killed with their BS.
So should everyone..

nosarcasm said:
The press can report on trials as much as they want, sometimes is helps the guilty, sometimes it hurts the guilty. Sometimes it helps the innocent sometimes it hurts the innocent to be in the press.

Since Michael Jackson or Rush had to endure press coverage so do the marines or police or anyone.

The attention grabbing misleading headlines of the press are a disgrace though like in the case of the times. Letters to their arbitors could increase the pressure
to have a more balanced approach.
I agree...HOWEVER there is no trial yet! The investigations are not complete yet. Misleading headlines happen all the time and are usually worded to sell the news and I have no problem with that either but when you present outright LIES as news, that I have a problem with.

New Topics

Forum List

Back