Take A Look At This...You'll Be Surprised!

Ted Williams: The homeless man with a ‘golden voice’ MEREDITH JESSUP
A viral video is helping to make a star out of Ted Williams, a homeless man who solicits money by the side of Interstate 71 in Columbus, Ohio, with a sign advertising his “God-given gift” of an amazing radio voice. Williams first caught the attention of a reporter for the Columbus Dispatch who interviewed him and posted the video online Tuesday.
Williams, a Brooklyn native, was blessed with a smooth, polished voice and has dreams of becoming an announcer on radio. “I just said, well, hey. I can’t be an actor, I can’t be an on-air personality, but the voice just became something of a development over the years and I went to school for it,” Williams says. “And then alcohol and drugs and a few other things became a part of my life. I’ve got two years clean, and I’m trying hard to get it back. And hopefully somebody from one of these television or radio stations will say, ‘Hey, I need a voice-over.’”
A grassroots movement may be key to Williams’ success. On Tuesday, a listener called into the “Dave & Jimmy” morning show on WNCI with a pledge of $15,000 to help the show give Williams a job. “We’re going to find some way to help this guy!” they announced on their show’s Facebook page.

Ted Williams: The homeless man with a ?golden voice? | The Blaze

Looks like he got a job! :)

As evidenced by Williams' new haircut, what a difference a day makes. A mere 24 hours after the video went viral, Williams says he's already been offered a bunch of employment opportunities, including one that's a Ohio citizen's dream job. "The Cleveland Cavaliers just offered me a full-time job and a house," Williams revealed. The Cavs will reportedly have to compete against MTV, the NFL and likely countless more suitors for Williams' services.

Golden-Voiced Homeless Man Captivates Internet - Amplifier

This just in: he has a job and a house!

"
"The Cleveland Cavaliers just offered me a full-time job and a house! A house! A house!," repeated a stunned Williams, 53, on local radio station WNCI.

A caller to the show who said she represented the Cavs offered Williams, who shot to stardom after local newspaper the Columbus Dispatch on Monday posted video of his perfectly-pitched panhandling, a full-time job doing voiceover work for the team and parent company and a free home in Cleveland.

The Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, native trained to be a radio announcer before drugs and alcohol ruined his chances at a career, and he was reduced to begging on the side of a road in Columbus, Ohio, before the newspaper found him.

Local police would refer to Williams as "Radio man," when chasing him from his usual begging spots, Williams said.

Before the Cavs made their bid, the station said a group of credit unions offered Williams a contract worth up to $10,000; a caller claiming to rep MTV expressed interest in having him guest-announce a show; and callers who said they were the voiceover actors behind plugs for "The Simpsons" and "Entertainment Tonight" said they wanted him to compete on their upcoming "America's Next Voice" -- where the prize includes a home studio.

For a man suddenly thrust from an Ohio roadside into the hearts of the world, Williams set his sights low.

"Just to get back to some normalcy and responsibility -- If I can a job, whether it's a twenty-five or even $18,000, I'd be happy," he said. "At least I know God has me where he wants me."

Read more: Homeless man Ted Williams, who has 'golden' radio voice, gets second chance - NYPOST.com

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_zDxzXX2hs[/ame]

This just in: he has a job and a house!

"
"The Cleveland Cavaliers just offered me a full-time job and a house! A house! A house!," repeated a stunned Williams, 53, on local radio station WNCI.

A caller to the show who said she represented the Cavs offered Williams, who shot to stardom after local newspaper the Columbus Dispatch on Monday posted video of his perfectly-pitched panhandling, a full-time job doing voiceover work for the team and parent company and a free home in Cleveland.

The Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, native trained to be a radio announcer before drugs and alcohol ruined his chances at a career, and he was reduced to begging on the side of a road in Columbus, Ohio, before the newspaper found him.

Local police would refer to Williams as "Radio man," when chasing him from his usual begging spots, Williams said.

Before the Cavs made their bid, the station said a group of credit unions offered Williams a contract worth up to $10,000; a caller claiming to rep MTV expressed interest in having him guest-announce a show; and callers who said they were the voiceover actors behind plugs for "The Simpsons" and "Entertainment Tonight" said they wanted him to compete on their upcoming "America's Next Voice" -- where the prize includes a home studio.

For a man suddenly thrust from an Ohio roadside into the hearts of the world, Williams set his sights low.

"Just to get back to some normalcy and responsibility -- If I can a job, whether it's a twenty-five or even $18,000, I'd be happy," he said. "At least I know God has me where he wants me."

Read more: Homeless man Ted Williams, who has 'golden' radio voice, gets second chance - NYPOST.com

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_zDxzXX2hs[/ame]

That's awesome!!

Forum List

Back